BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leeds United (a) - 13/04/2024

Horrible performance, good result (the bit that matters) at HT.

The referee seems desperate to give Leeds absolutely anything - expect a second half penalty for them and a red card for us.

• Like 2

Just now, Blue blood said:

Fortunate to get to half time at 0-0. 

Leeds struggling with final ball. Problem is they only need 1 goal and we are sunk  

And yet the best chance of the half fell to us and forced their GK into an excellent save. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

We’d be over the moon if it was like this at full time, long long way to go but we just need to try and keep frustrating 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

Horrible performance, good result (the bit that matters) at HT.

The referee seems desperate to give Leeds absolutely anything - expect a second half penalty for them and a red card for us.

We all know that when we concede we'll absolutely buckle.

And there's no way this is ending 0-0.

• Like 1

What the fuck are these tactics supposed to be?

Fair enough putting men behind the ball but there is absolutely nobody up front to release possession to. So basic and we can't do it.

Time wasting from the kick off, absolutely ridiculous. Leeds are a pretty average side here and if we'd have done some absolute basic tactics and set up properly we could well have scored here.

Honestly the shittest Rovers team I have ever seen.

• Like 3

Very happy with that so far. We cannot fault the commitment in the first half. Great to see Pears catching a couple of corners and taking the pressure off.

Watching from abroad on Rovers TV. Harry Leonard doing some summary and very good too.

A big half coming up and a point or even 3 puts some belief back.

First ten minutes will be crucial. 

• Like 2

Just now, TugaysMarlboro said:

Our best chance of getting a result is frustrating them. But hoping for a clean sheet is nigh on impossible with our record, we need more of an outlet.

Lost count the number of games I've been to and sensed early on Rovers wouldn't score and they didn't!

Leeds aren't creating anything and also the ball isn't running for them in the box.

Rovers look solid and the time wasting is 'professional'.

Get your feet up and open a beer or two or a bottle of wine and relax and enjoy the anguished Leeds' fans.

• Like 1

They clearly watched the midweek game and have decided to target us down our right hand side after seeing how calamitous Brittain and Hyam were. Carter has been left isolated out there a few times but fortunately stood up to everything pretty well.

Gallagher offering absolutely nothing in their half. We’ve been sloppy with our passing when trying to break, but you can see the idea with that good chance Szmodics carved out. Still a long way to go and I’m not sure we can sustain this. Better than expected so far though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Fair enough putting men behind the ball but there is absolutely nobody up front to release possession to. So basic and we can't do it.

Time wasting from the kick off, absolutely ridiculous. Leeds are a pretty average side here and if we'd have done some absolute basic tactics and set up properly we could well have scored here.

There actually is plenty up front, but every time we have the chance to break we balls it up. Bad passes, Gally just running into defenders and Dolan not releasing it quick enough.   There’s chances on the break here, especially as they become more desperate.

• Like 1

Just now, Upside Down said:

Gallagher and Dolan are absolutely awful. Gallagher's lack of quality is common knowledge now so I won't labour it, he's an awful forward, but Dolan ffs.

His brain doesn't match his footwork. He's blind to obvious passes. There was an occasion when he had Gallagher and Szmodics running through on goal and he chose to hold up play and pass down the flank.

Also why wasn't he following up on Szmodics for that fantastic save? He stopped running.

7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

And yet the best chance of the half fell to us and forced their GK into an excellent save. 

Indeed. But unless we offer a bit more we are likely to concern and struggle to get back into it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I think to be honest the tactics have been pretty good and worked well. The issue has been on the half dozen good break opportunities we have had we've missed simple passes in the final third.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

We're battling and defending well at least.

Zero going forward aside from one lucky break. Gallagher and Dolan offer nothing. 

That is down to the tactics being employed by the manager and the fact we've well and truly parked the bus.

Long may it continue! 

I think this is 10 or 11 games for Gallagher without a goal. That’s a drought to any normal striker, but with him it’s just what you come to expect.

That substitution has me worried.

• Like 1