BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Didn’t he sit with the fans one time, when he couldn’t play due to injury?

That rings a bell does that. I don't know why but Brentford away rings a bell but in all honesty I can't remember for sure what game it was but definitely think he's been in with the fans before! What a guy. 

6 hours ago, Butty said:

That rings a bell does that. I don't know why but Brentford away rings a bell but in all honesty I can't remember for sure what game it was but definitely think he's been in with the fans before! What a guy. 

It was at Burton when he was suspended. He was with his father.

Despite everything, I still think we would've stayed up last year if Bennett played more games under Coyle.

In the years of dross that we've had, it's not been as easy to for us fans to establish any sort of connection with the players. Bennett clearly one of the exceptions, one of the good guys. Just a shame that he couldn't see the club in better times.

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Good news but certainly needs to push his game on a notch and also start scoring.

Agree in a way - he works hard and is a true professional but he needs to start really imposing himself on the pitch. Still, Id rather give him a new contract than many others currently on the books.

• 2 weeks later...

These kind of links and moves so far down the order of things never even used to make the press even at local level until a kid was signed then it was at the bottom of a paragraph somewhere.

Desperate times :mellow:

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wharton has only just come back from injury. Had 75 minutes for under 23 on Friday. 

Platt look decent but is he ready for league 1?

Rovers have a Cat 1 Academy.

Cat 1 Academy clubs are loaning out players to League One.

Why would Rovers’ U23s not be up to this level and other clubs would?

We have some decent players in our development squad and they should be the ones we actively try to break through and not look to develop other clubs’ assets - or even simply put the on the bench ahead of our own.

The loan market for a club like ours should be to bring in experience. Unless the are immediate first team pedigree - such as Chapman - talent should be put into our U23 ranks and the better ones promoted to the first team.

1 hour ago, Reidy You're a Star said:

Is Lloyd Jones ready for Lg1? Just cause he's from Liverpools reserves instead of ours, doesn't mean he's better. We're a cat 1 academy too. I'd rather give one of our younglings, who are earning their chance in the u23s, a go than someone else's young cast offs.

Spot on.

Hart the last Liverpool cast off we signed is, IMV, nowhere near the level of our own Doyle who should be playing in our first team rather than Williams.

You wonder what the hell is going on at Ewood !

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wharton has only just come back from injury. Had 75 minutes for under 23 on Friday. 

Platt look decent but is he ready for league 1?

Ready for league 1?  It's league one ffs.

If our best players from a Cat 1 academy  playing a successful under 23 team aren't good enough for league 1, why keep the academy?

1 hour ago, Reidy You're a Star said:

Is Lloyd Jones ready for Lg1? Just cause he's from Liverpools reserves instead of ours, doesn't mean he's better. We're a cat 1 academy too. I'd rather give one of our younglings, who are earning their chance in the u23s, a go than someone else's young cast offs.

Lloyd Jones knew my agent..

My agent knew Lloyd Jones Lol

57 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

League 1 is still a step up from reserve / under-23 level. There's lots of hoary old pros in the lower divisions who love giving youngsters who aren't quite sure of themselves a hard time. 

On the strength of what we’ve seen so far I’m not sure that’s not just an old cliché nowadays.

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

Rovers have a Cat 1 Academy.

Cat 1 Academy clubs are loaning out players to League One.

Why would Rovers’ U23s not be up to this level and other clubs would?

We have some decent players in our development squad and they should be the ones we actively try to break through and not look to develop other clubs’ assets - or even simply put the on the bench ahead of our own.

The loan market for a club like ours should be to bring in experience. Unless the are immediate first team pedigree - such as Chapman - talent should be put into our U23 ranks and the better ones promoted to the first team.

firstly Stuart, I am fully aware that Rovers have Cat 1 academy. 

I asked a simple question of whether Platt would be ready for league 1 in terms of the physical demand of the league? He has played in the 2 checktrade trophy games so far, so how did he perform in those games?

I like Travis, Doyle, Nuttall, Rankin Costello and Tomlinson a lot but you cant play them all. I've not seen Harper and Hart in all games their played. just seen Hart in his appreace against Rotherham

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Spot on.

Hart the last Liverpool cast off we signed is, IMV, nowhere near the level of our own Doyle who should be playing in our first team rather than Williams.

You wonder what the hell is going on at Ewood !

Far too people are very quick in players judging them either tagged as a failure and success after a couple of games. 

55 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

firstly Stuart, I am fully aware that Rovers have Cat 1 academy. 

I asked a simple question of whether Platt would be ready for league 1 in terms of the physical demand of the league? He has played in the 2 checktrade trophy games so far, so how did he perform in those games?

I like Travis, Doyle, Nuttall, Rankin Costello and Tomlinson a lot but you cant play them all. I've not seen Harper and Hart in all games their played. just seen Hart in his appreace against Rotherham

Far too people are very quick in players judging them either tagged as a failure and success after a couple of games. 

Chaddy you yourself said you rated Platt and Wharton,you also want us to sign Downing on a permanent so where do you see this Liverpool player we are supposedly after fitting in?

Hopefully its just paper talk,but looking in its like Mowbray has written off our academy

Archived