BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Or Rochdale.

Rochdale are a bit more established so he’d be playing with better quality players than at Stanley so he may not be under the cosh as much. Geographically sound though.

Very strange this one.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Either the cynics on here (me included) are going to be very impressed by the end of this window...or the glass half full brigade are going to be extremely disappointed....

This window and lack of action has the stench of Venkys-past all over it.

Agree. Its going to be an interesting 2 weeks. 

5 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’m very disappointed to see Wharton go out on loan in lieu of getting in the first team squad tbh.

Is it not better to start than to be a sub though? 

A season in league 2 will toughen the lad right up and stand to him for the rest of his career. 

Just now, Stuart said:

Surely if we rate him (a three year deal suggests we do) and we want him to get experience as part of his development, surely he should have been going out to a L1 club at this point? He’d have got a better test at Stanley even and we could have followed his progress closely.

Maybe Mowbray was impressed with Whartons development under the Cowley brother's and Wharton enjoyed his spell with them.

I get what your saying about league one but still him being loaned out is best for everyone at this point.

Mowbray said he has a list of the players he wants. He appears to like to sign men he trusts and fit. On that list appear to be  chapman and  Armstrong  who are both at there respective clubs. One of the fellas on here assures is that Maddison is in the process of being sorted and still at his club. Bauer is still at Charlton.

The reason for no movement could be a case of you want what you want. All of them have not been sold or loaned. Money ( relatively) may not be the issue but getting who you want. 

He just might not fancy the fellas Bolton and Wigan have signed for free.

Maybe all are targets are still there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

Mowbray said he has a list of the players he wants. He appears to like to sign men he trusts and fit. On that list appear to be  chapman and  Armstrong  who are both at there respective clubs. One of the fellas on here assures is that Maddison is in the process of being sorted and still at his club. Bauer is still at Charlton.

The reason for no movement could be a case of you want what you want. All of them have not been sold or loaned. Money ( relatively) may not be the issue but getting who you want. 

He just might not fancy the fellas Bolton and Wigan have signed for free.

Maybe all are targets are still there.

He didnt trust Chapman, hence one start in the League and a refusal to see him as anything but an impact sub.

He said post match that he might loan out Nuttall unless we dont add to our current strikeforce. 

• Backroom

After the game Mowbray was speaking about Nuttall and said he would be an option for us if we don’t sign anyone else - hope he’s a little more confident than he sounds of bringing in new forwards 

• Like 1

Maybe Bauer is close to getting over the line? Wharton is an odd move going back to L2 anyway but we are now am little short at CB considering Mulgrew and Lenihans injury history. I guess it means three at the back is looking less likely which is a silver lining.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Rochdale are a bit more established so he’d be playing with better quality players than at Stanley so he may not be under the cosh as much. Geographically sound though.

Very strange this one.

Keith Hill has a good reputation in the game regarding bringing on young footballers. He was a centre half in his playing days also.

Just now, RovingRover said:

Alexander Sørloth on loan could be a good optional alternative to Gallagher.
Tall, obviously talented and hasn't quite made it at West Ham.

Sørloth is a good player and he is at Palace. He was injured the most of last season, so I think he will get the chance to prove himself there first.

37 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He didnt trust Chapman, hence one start in the League and a refusal to see him as anything but an impact sub.

He said post match that he might loan out Nuttall unless we dont add to our current strikeforce. 

I’ve no idea on nuttall but if chapman is available and the price is right he will be at rovers. Trust him or not

42 minutes ago, renrag said:

As a matter of interest, how many players have been loaned out before coming back to a successful Ewood career? I can’t think of many. Players such as Hanley, Jones and going back further, Dunn and Duff came through the ranks without the need for experience at a lower level.

It’s a good question. When we loan young players out we tend to sell them not long after - usually for relative peanuts.

We don’t generally have a great record with loans out of the club. Normally it’s to move on players we don’t want but can’t sell. Only Raya and Lenihan have made it to the first through that route in recent times but neither was on loan for long.

In 2014 Raya went to Southport and Lenihan was loaned to Burton Albion but at the same time O’Connor O’Sullivan and O’Connell were loaned out and never came back. Maybe it’s an ‘O’ thing. Jake Kean and Josh Morris were loaned and eventually sold.

In 2013 Antony Forrester - that year’s next big thing was loaned to Bury and disappeared.

In 2012 Edwards went to Rochdale and ultimately left.

Before that we haven’t really had much success in loaning out players ahead of induction to the first team. Mark Bunn went to Sheff United; Paul Gallagher to various (Gally was loaned out a lot); Jay McEverly at Ipswich. Looks like either make it straight away or they’re out and forgotten pretty fast. I expect most clubs have a similar record though.

37 minutes ago, Tom said:

After the game Mowbray was speaking about Nuttall and said he would be an option for us if we don’t sign anyone else - hope he’s a little more confident than he sounds of bringing in new forwards 

I bet Nuttall is buzzing after such high praise from the gaffer. First a match winning goal and now this. Stop!

• Like 1

Just now, roverandout said:

You are clearly new to supporting rovers

I’m nearly 60. I was born near the ground and could see it from my bedroom window when I was a kid.

Best game Brighton away on are promotion season in the 1970s. Smithe and Smez the skindheads running along Brighton beach and getting washed away by the waves. Pitch invasion and a fantastic day.

You can have experience and confidence they are not mutually exclusive 

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

I bet Nuttall is buzzing after such high praise from the gaffer. First a match winning goal and now this. Stop!

One thing is for sure, if that bugger is guna be second string to graham, and graham gets injured, ill be watching darwen. Nuttall isn't worthy of even being a football league player, never mind championshio, hes absolute garbage.