BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Armstrong

1 minute ago, 1864roverite said:

Hatred comes in different forms, some posts on here have certainly reflected nothing but negativity towards him which is very sad as at this time he remains a Rovers player

Opinions are just that. We all have differing views - life would be boring otherwise - so accept it for what it is rather than interpret it as negativity or hatred

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kie_BRFC said:

Not sure about this one - he always seems to flop in the prem and then bang them in when he's back at championship level

Yeah it really needed an "OK" or "Not Really" category. I felt a bit sick typing Chris Wood - YES.

2 hours ago, Gav said:

You'd have thought a £1m+ 3year contract would have been motivation enough to get him off the treatment table, sadly he's just another example of a modern day millionaire footballer that played the system, rather than fancied playing on a Saturday. 

Which glosses over the fact that a complete donkey was given the shirt ahead of him., week in week out. That wasn’t King’s choice, and he did well enough at Bournemouth, (where he was played in the correct position).

3 hours ago, Gav said:

You'd have thought a £1m+ 3year contract would have been motivation enough to get him off the treatment table, sadly he's just another example of a modern day millionaire footballer that played the system, rather than fancied playing on a Saturday. 

Spot on Gav, King absolutely stunk the place out here and only really put in a couple of performances in the Cup to put himself in the shop window shortly before his contract expired.

As for Armstrong, I've my doubts about whether he can succeed in the Prem  but from a purely footballing perspective I think we need to keep hold of him or we'll go down.

Surprised to see people slagging his abilities off to quite such an extent though.  From our point of view for present purposes he's a £25m player. Wouldn't mind playing poker with some of you guys!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Spot on Gav, King absolutely stunk the place out here and only really put in a couple of performances in the Cup to put himself in the shop window shortly before his contract expired.

As for Armstrong, I've my doubts about whether he can succeed in the Prem  but from a purely footballing perspective I think we need to keep hold of him or we'll go down.

Surprised to see people slagging his abilities off to quite such an extent though.  From our point of view for present purposes he's a £25m player. Wouldn't mind playing poker with some of you guys!

I'll have some of that.

Palace supporter in peace,

Armstrong i feel would offer us different attacking options up front to what we have at the palace, linking up with wilf and our other new prospects would make an interesting line up, .. But I really can't see us paying the £25m you guys are looking. As some of you guys have mentioned, he's untested in the top flight.

I think the problem for you guys at Blackburn is he has a sell on fee at 40% to newcastle.

Ptty this couldn't happen,

A loan deal and a few of our young stars loaned for a year with all wages paid for the season. but this is only if Arma wants to join us when he becomes a free agent at end of year.  this would be a win win as he gets first team experience in the prem and we get a striker more suited to our needs with time to settle in, our young players get first team experience in the championship which will benefit us in the long run and hopefully help you guys out.

Out come Blackburn get 2 free top academy loans all salary paid, we get arma and you don't have to pay Newcastle anything Then Pocket the 15 to 20mii to boost your ranks plus the option to take half upfront.

Anyway, good luck lads in the new season! And hopefully see you in the top flight soon.

Up the palace!!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Palace1861 said:

Nice to read an intelligent response, but only to be expected , so fair play👏

I don’t know how old you are pal but some of us still carry the scars of 1989.

Edit and 1861 is worth a “fuck off” all on its own….

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

To be fair loaning him for 15m and getting 2 player's does mean we don't give Newcastle a penny. Sell him for 20m and we get less than 15m and have to still pay for loans. It's not such a bad idea.

Your correct there I suppose, word around the camp 🔥 is we're still looking to get a deal done so hopefully he's heading to Se25.

• Backroom
Just now, Palace1861 said:

Nice to read an intelligent response, but only to be expected , so fair play👏

You know how they say it's friendlier up north...... they lied! 😉

Surely this loan instead of sell ruse has been spotted before and outlawed somehow. 

Or no one would do deals with us again because we dont keep our word.

Either way, think a lot of us would take a good slice of money and some decent loans from a Premier club. Pointless having an unhappy, sulky player for a year then losing on a free anyway imo.

Don't know what you have to offer on that front. But used to be a Champ Manager transfer legend so try me. I'll send a carrier pigeon on for you to Pune Palace. 😀

14 minutes ago, den9112 said:

1989 a day I won't forget in all the years I have been a Rovers supporter, being stuck in that god awful corner( sheep pen) was a nightmare..Never a penalty and to this day I still cringe when I hear glad all over ..

The worst day I have ever had supporting Rovers, nothing else comes close......

Edited by Gav
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, den9112 said:

1989 a day I won't forget in all the years I have been a Rovers supporter, being stuck in that god awful corner( sheep pen) was a nightmare..Never a penalty and to this day I still cringe when I hear glad all over ..

And did George Courtney not say he didn't add any extra time on because there were fans all around the pitch perimeter and we needed 2 goals. When in fact we only needed 1.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

I suppose Armstrong could by a second-coming of Andy Johnson for Palace - only, I assume he would likely play in a three, as a wide player, beside Benteke, if he did sign? For Rovers, he's never convinced when played as a wide forward - as far as I know. I think he could be effective as a striker alongside Benteke but not sure Palace ever play with two forwards these days.

Edit: Just looking at the Palace squad, of Conor Gallagher  & Mateta signed on loan, joining Zaha, Eze, Schlupp and Jordan Ayew, I think it's fair to say that they don't need Armstrong and won't, I wager, sign him.

If Palace have the next Matt Jansen coming through, would be glad to take him as part of the unlikely deal... However, do bear in mind that Rovers U23 finished 2nd in the U23 Premier League, whilst Palace's team were playing in the league below, last year. (Though, I'm sure Palace have got some good players coming through and no doubt the better ones were out on loan!).

Edit 2: Just seen that Palace have a blue and white halves third kit...

Edited by riverholmes

10 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Lol, im 48 mate and yes I remember it. You still crying about about the 4-3 get over it. 

That's why I put at the start of my post palace supporter in peace.

Seems you have that day scared on your memory, we've all had shit ones and I've no problem with blackburn never have or will. Brighton on the other hand is my hate. So move on mate have a coke and a smile.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Palace1861 said:

Lol, im 48 mate and yes I remember it. You still crying about about the 4-3 get over it. 

Seems you have that day scared on your memory, we've all had shit ones and I've no problem with blackburn never have or will. Brighton on the other hand is my hate. So move on mate have a coke and a smile.

Thankfully we’ve had the total opposite of a ‘shit one’ as well. 
As others have posted that day was (for many of us) the worst day of our Rovers-supporting lives. 
As for Armstrong - he’s no Ian Wright. 

22 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

All bit unnecessary really. That was 30 odd years ago and in its own way paved the way for everything that happened a couple of years after. The guy is a guest on our forum who isn't being a dick, surely deserves a bit more respect. 

Fair call on the 1861 mind you, that's a shocker. Although nice kit I must say haha

Edited by BRFC4EVA
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Palace1861 said:

I think he was talking about age not IQ

Edited by rigger