BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Armstrong

1 hour ago, WarriorSaint said:

He played a season with Matt le Tiss. I was in the stands and can quite readily say he outshone le tiss on many occasions. Was a beautiful player. God knows how much he would be worth today.

Was pissed off when we didn't sign him permanently but we got a second rate player in tugay instead 

Best of luck to the fella. Absolute cracking player for us. 3.5 years a Rover and improved every year. Got a great deal for him as he was going into last year of contract. I have respect for him and will keep an eye on his career. Time to build and start again. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Craigman said:

Best of luck to the fella. Absolute cracking player for us. 3.5 years a Rover and improved every year. Got a great deal for him as he was going into last year of contract. I have respect for him and will keep an eye on his career. Time to build and start again. 

Nice interview with him on rovers website too.  classy.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, WarriorSaint said:

Thanks for the replies. Consensus is that he’s a gamble, but that is the pool we are swimming in. Can’t believe we are seeing the sums for lukaku and Grealish.

I had forgotten about Ostenstad. What a great player. I was at the dell when he destroyed Man utd. Lovely player. So underrated. 

I get the impression of all the strikers that have traded places he is at the lowest rung of Shearer, Davies, Beatts, Ostenstadt.

Always liked Rovers. Never been to Ewood, sorry to say.

I have been to Turf moor and to be honest was the best Balti pie I ever had(sorry)

Good luck on your season. Have fun. You’re not missing much in the premier league.

Sorry mate, Offsidestad was shite for us

• Like 4

Which one of u put this on the saints forum? Own up

Greetings. Thought I'd look at your opinion of the Armstrong signing and then decided to sign up to give my view.

Arma is quick enough. Not the quickest player you'll ever have seen but quick enough. If he get's clear of the defence he isn't getting caught. 

We had him in league one (on loan) and then brought him in permanently once we got promoted. He played the first two seasons as a wide attacker to allow us to play Danny Graham down the middle with Dack playing off him. He was OK in this role but certainly not a premier league player. Gradually over the last two seasons he has been moved to play up top (generally on his own but with 'wide forwards' supporting him including Sam Gallagher which really doesn't work).

In 2019/20 he scored 16 league goals (although he wasn't always starting up front) and then last season he scored 28 when he played every game as an out an out striker.

He's got a powerful shot on him for a little guy and can score his fair share of goals from outside the area. He also has a nack of being in the right place at the right time in the box. I know you've checked out his goals from last season, but his 2019/20 probably look a better selection of goals - see Youtube video here.

His weaknesses? He can go missing in games, especially if you are not creating much. Also his finishing isn't the most clinical. It's a testament to how often he gets the ball in good positions by how many times you think "he should have scored that one". Bear in mind we aren't the most creative side. Towards the second half of last season he also shot from distance A LOT - often when there were much better options on. By that point our season was practically dead so whether he was just trying to be the Championship top scorer, or make himself look good on Youtube videos I don't know but it became a bit frustrating. He also isn't tricky, tending to go past defenders by knocking it past them and sprinting after it.

Obviously next season will be a different calibre of defender. Rovers fans are pretty split whether he will make the jump up, or if he's just a very good Championship striker. Having watched Ing's career since his Burnley days, I don't think he's going to be as good as Ings, but could still be improving. He's also fairly level headed too. Good luck to him.

Edited 8 hours ago by EwoodPark

1 hour ago, benhben said:

Nice message from Arma on Instagram. Not sure I agree with his backing of Mowbray but its a nice personal message to the club and fans. 

Cant hold any grudge over his move. Good move for him and his family. Good luck to him. 

Mowbray made him a multi millionaire,  what would you be saying about him?

• Like 6