BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Armstrong

I just hope we where smart like Newcastle were and get a decent future %. Never know could be worth 50m one day. Would rather a nice 20-30% at the cost of 2/3 on initial price. Doubt we did with these clowns in charge

Edited by bboy

2 hours ago, bboy said:

I just hope we where smart like Newcastle were and get a decent future %. Never know could be worth 50m one day. Would rather a nice 20-30% at the cost of 2/3 on initial price. Doubt we did with these clowns in charge

Probably put a -20% release clause on him. We pay them for any profit made.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, bboy said:

Unless Southampton had a brain fart then no way they'd agree to that. He had one year left on the contract and we got £15million for a player with no prem experience. They must have known we were desperate to sell. It was a good deal in the end for all concerned. 

• Like 1

On 15/08/2021 at 09:31, JacknOry said:

Took his goal well but lets not pretend he isn't normally useless when one on one. 

It looked a good finish but in reality he did what he always does, he just put his laces through it. By the way I'm not knocking the lad but he's not a composed finisher in the way that -say -Ian Rush or Thierry Henry were. If all he ever does is smash it in those situations he'll miss more than he'll score at that level.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

It looked a good finish but in reality he did what he always does, he just put his laces through it. By the way I'm not knocking the lad but he's not a composed finisher in the way that -say -Ian Rush or Thierry Henry were. If all he ever does is smash it in those situations he'll miss more than he'll score at that level.

Yeah, it was very close to missing. 

• Like 1

Getting double figures from open play would represent success for Armstrong consider the side he's playing for and the low fee. He's likely to get there or thereabouts. Che Adams cost about the same and hasn't hit the 10 goals in either of his two seasons, so it's a good target to aim for. Ings got 12 last year and went for more money at an older age than AA arrived for...

Edited by TheRoversReturn
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Watched highlights of all Southampton's games. I was skeptical that he would succeed at Premier League level, but he looks right at home.

Good on him.

He's talking about playing for England! If he does, his fee will look pretty miserly.

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Watched highlights of all Southampton's games. I was skeptical that he would succeed at Premier League level, but he looks right at home.

Good on him.

Early days yet. Wait till they play the good sides with stronger defences. He'll hardly see any ball. I reckon 10 goals is about the maximum he'll get this season

55 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can’t see that happening. 

29 minutes ago, 47er said:

Me neither! He's getting above himself there!

Me neither probably, but Patrick Bamford made his debut yesterday aged 28. Four years ago (the age Armstrong is now) not many would have seen that coming. Ollie Watkins has 3 caps too, though I'd be surprised if Armstrong does as well as Watkins did last season in terms of this overall game.

Behind Kane it's hardly the 90s in terms of the amount of quality strikers that England have so, while I'd be surprised, it's not out of the question if he can bag 15 or so goals this season (easier said than done!).

• Like 1