BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

11 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Middlesbrough are nothing special yet they are seventh in the league and Warnock has taken them from 21st to the cusp of the play offs in months. No one in this league perhaps with the exception of Norwich are anything special, which is why Mowbray's slow build and journey speeches are such a nonsense.

And Norwich can't stick in the Premier League

Nothing at all has changed with today's fortunate win.

IMO, we've a manager who revels in disorganised chaos.

I think the longer Mowbray stays, the longer we will be from challenging to get back into the PL.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

Middlesbrough are nothing special yet they are seventh in the league and Warnock has taken them from 21st to the cusp of the play offs in months. No one in this league perhaps with the exception of Norwich are anything special, which is why Mowbray's slow build and journey speeches are such a nonsense.

Boro are seventh in the league but in the last 2 home games have lost them both on Sky. 

Karanka out matched Warnock last week and Rovers grind out the victory today. 

Warnock has did well to turn them around but they will be well short of top 6. 

5 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

I must have missed Mowbray riding out 9 defeats in 11, this season. I do seem to recall a timely win in Mowbray's 9 defeats out of 11. Last season.

Season before that. The point is you think he was under pressure because of 2 wins from 10. But why would he be when there was no pressure from a 1 win from 11 spell 2 seasons ago. 

Thought we were terrible up until 5 minutes before we scored today. The game changed after the Kaminski save and them hitting the post. 

What did not make sense to me was Buckley coming on. The Tony Tombola joke is a constant one and is born out the inconsistency of our line ups. Sometimes I feel it is justified, sometimes not. But today was Tombola stuff. 

Johnson, good in the air, strong, bit of a shithouse is injured after 10 minutes. The only other point in the game where we were playing well. Replaced by Buckley, terrible in the air, weak, gets bypassed. One would assume Mowbray picks his players with a plan in mind. Why the complete change in plan after a forced change, 10 minutes in. A key position on the pitch. There were other more like for like replacements. To me, this made no sense whatsoever. 

Credit to the subs after we scored though. Sealed the game. One has to think that maybe had we not brought Buckley on for Johnson maybe we would have had more of a foothold in the rest of the game...

• Like 4

I have heard that there has been a breakdown in communication between Venky's and TM. It seems to be playing out in a similar way to the end of the Bowyer era, they have just stop communicating with him since the end of November.

Also Braithwaite was bought in by the data team, Pasha and Silvester, completely bypassing Waggott, TM and Venus. Hence why TM is busy thanking Venky's for this transfer and his podcast last week. 

I am not sure how accurate the info is but does explain the sudden charm offensive from TM towards Venky's.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

He would. Still not convinced he'll be here by the end of the week. 

Strange viewpoint this, I can't understand where you are getting it from.

He'll still be here in 52 weeks, regardless of results.

• Like 2

Sounds like we are back to the good old days then.

Distant owners not communicating.

Representative making decisions apart from the manager.

CEO and manager being bypassed.

The Mowbray side with him, Venus and Waggott then the other side with Pasha, Silvester and presumably Lowe.

Wouldn't surprise me but if true I would expect Mowbray to resign in the near future.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Sounds like we are back to the good old days then.

Distant owners not communicating.

Representative making decisions apart from the manager.

CEO and manager being bypassed.

The Mowbray side with him, Venus and Waggott then the other side with Pasha, Silvester and presumably Lowe.

Wouldn't surprise me but if true I would expect Mowbray to resign in the near future.

Probably not true though. Would be my guess. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Doesn't say much for us then as I still think we'll finish well behind them.

I don't think so. 

1 hour ago, phili said:

I have heard that there has been a breakdown in communication between Venky's and TM. It seems to be playing out in a similar way to the end of the Bowyer era, they have just stop communicating with him since the end of November.

Also Braithwaite was bought in by the data team, Pasha and Silvester, completely bypassing Waggott, TM and Venus. Hence why TM is busy thanking Venky's for this transfer and his podcast last week. 

I am not sure how accurate the info is but does explain the sudden charm offensive from TM towards Venky's.

Thanks for sharing the info

I can't see Pasha and Slivester bring in a player without Mowbray being involved. 

Mowbray has always praised the owners since meeting them. 

Is Pasha even in the country considering the current situation in India? 

1 hour ago, phili said:

Interesting, hopefully they're looking for his replacement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't think so. 

Thanks for sharing the info

I can't see Pasha and Slivester bring in a player without Mowbray being involved. 

Mowbray has always praised the owners since meeting them. 

Is Pasha even in the country considering the current situation in India? 

It appears TM over ruled the data team who were suggesting Goode and Pickering in the summer and instead went for Kipre and another left back. When these fell through they were then left desperately trying to find replacements in Douglas and Ayala who the data team were vehemently opposed to.

Venky's now believe what was the point in investing in scouting and data if you are going to over rule them and make silly decisions. They have seen the success of Brentford and want a more scientific approach with rovers recruitment, which they understand, instead of how it has been in the past few seasons..

• Like 6