BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Possibly any manoeuvring from TM is for this Pasha character’s benefit, as he’s their ‘man on the ground’ (or he was pre Plague).

You can only imagine how the structures and decision making processes of the club have become even more opaque through this last 12 months.

22 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

What did you say? Get yer tweets out for the lads. 

@PashaSapss get it done please 🙏🏽 Pearson, Howe gets us out of this league with this squad. It's good enough for top 6 massively underperforming currently and for the past year. 

Both out our reach probably but gotta aim high right? 

Personally think Pearson massively behind Leicester success in winning the Premier League.

• Like 1

Have to laugh at Guardiola stating projects and ideas dont exist anymore and managers are solely judged on results, in reaponse to Lampard's firing. Tony has had 4 years free reign to be experimenting with his projects and ideas without results really been expected. I guess Venkys must be the perfect owners then according to Pep.

On 25/01/2021 at 13:29, JBiz said:

TM yesterday;

“He’s a brilliant human being as well, the calmest man in the building.

“I’m just delighted that the recruitment department came up with Thomas Kaminski because he is a joy to work with every day.

“Him making saves like he does really doesn’t surprise me."

To me it just seems like a normal club finally - a recruitment department for the management to utilise if they see fit.

Signing Ayala and Pears - again, like any normal manager using old experience / contacts/ relationships to develop his team,  not “sorting his mates out”

If he is being criticised for signing players from clubs he knew - why isn’t Armstrong included since he took him to Cov twice before bringing him here?

Yes Arma should be included!

This made me think.

Most of the Rovers managers in my time have not only taken on players and staff they knew, but players they had previously managed.

From the top of my head:

Furphy-brought in Field and O'Mara, who he said he had always wanted to pair together. He brought Garbett and Endean who had been at Watford. Then he took Garbett, Field and Bradford to Sheffield Utd.

Lee-took Sir Roger and Oates to Newcastle

Smith-Svarc and Garner from Colchester

Kendall took Arnold, Bailey, Keeley (one game!) and Heaton to Everton

Saxton-Randall 

Mackay-Hendry from Dundee, Dobson and Livingstone from Coventry

Souness brought in Brad, Bjornaby, Babbel

• Like 1

Did Souness not also manage Tugay at Galatasary?

Even more recently, Hughes managed Bellamy and Savage with Wales, Ince signed Keith Andrews having managed him at Mk Dons, (plus he also knew Robbie Fowler from Liverpool) Allardyce signed Diouf, less sure on these but I think Appleton (Portsmouth) and Coyle (Bolton) managed Williamson and Feeney, Lambert signed Simeon Jackson, Elliott Ward and of course Bennett and even Bowyer signed Marrow and Judge who he had worked with in our reserve teams. Quite a lot of shite amidst the odd shrewd signing there.

• Like 1

All managers do it but it's a double edged sword for the manager as they should really know if the player is up to it or not having previously worked with them. Hence they are often judged more harshly and managers receive more criticism when they go wrong. Which is fair enough imo - if you have worked with them you should know what they are capable of. 

59 minutes ago, rigger said:

Howard let Bailey go to Everton ?

I can't remember exactly when Bailey went tbh, whether it was before or after Howard joined Rovers. One thing is certain though, Kendall didn't sign Bailey for Everton, whcih made that link different to  the many other examples that had been given in the post of football managers signing their 'favourite' players. Cloughie was famous for it and signed John McGovern three times I think.

14 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I can't remember exactly when Bailey went tbh, whether it was before or after Howard joined Rovers. One thing is certain though, Kendall didn't sign Bailey for Everton, whcih made that link different to  the many other examples that had been given in the post of football managers signing their 'favourite' players. Cloughie was famous for it and signed John McGovern three times I think.

Just after. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Your point is well made Leonard but I'm pretty sure Bailey had already gone to Everton before Howard managed them.

How nicely put lol..I don't even remember what I came here to get away from!

And I knew I was WRONG, as soon as I read your post. Come to think of it, I think his last league game for Rovers was that relegation night match at Ewood, where there was a demonstration of loyalty to John Pickering.

Of course, Kendall was at Rovers for the two following seasons.... before he joined Bailey at Goodison.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Did Souness not also manage Tugay at Galatasary?

Even more recently, Hughes managed Bellamy and Savage with Wales, Ince signed Keith Andrews having managed him at Mk Dons, (plus he also knew Robbie Fowler from Liverpool) Allardyce signed Diouf, less sure on these but I think Appleton (Portsmouth) and Coyle (Bolton) managed Williamson and Feeney, Lambert signed Simeon Jackson, Elliott Ward and of course Bennett and even Bowyer signed Marrow and Judge who he had worked with in our reserve teams. Quite a lot of shite amidst the odd shrewd signing there.

Lambert's abysmal. Bennett by far the best 

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

Middlesbrough fans wanting Warnock out tonight.

‘losing 0-3 at home Rotherham, sack the ****, the loss to Blackburn was bearable, just, they’re a decent side, but losing to shite like Rotherham, wft’

The grass isn’t always greener.

You must have done well to find that comment somewhere! Just had a scroll through the hundreds of replies to the Middlesbrough account tweeting the final score tonight. Haven’t seen one ‘Warnock out’ or negative comment against him, and the tweet with the most likes is one fan saying how well he’s done to have that squad 7th in the league. 

I’d swap him for Mowbray tomorrow.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, frosty said:

You must have done well to find that comment somewhere! Just had a scroll through the hundreds of replies to the Middlesbrough account tweeting the final score tonight. Haven’t seen one ‘Warnock out’ or negative comment against him, and the tweet with the most likes is one fan saying how well he’s done to have that squad 7th in the league. 

You don't have access to my email I assume frosty....

What would your reaction be to a 0-3 home loss to Rotherham?

Edited by Gav

23 minutes ago, Gav said:

You don't have access to my email I assume frosty....

What would your reaction be to a 0-3 home loss to Rotherham?

It’s their third home defeat on the spin, all without scoring, all against teams they would expect to beat. This place would be in meltdown if Rovers did that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, frosty said:

Honestly, I’m sure there are lots of better managers than Mowbray but Warnocks reaction to Branthwaite has put me right off him. He’s not fit to manage our great club. Regardless of his record, I’d never compromise our standards. 

• Like 1