BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

6 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Mowbrays interview interesting.

Mentioned that he might be replaced several times. Seems like he's going.

Sky pundits all pretty shocked and seem to think he's going also.

Roll on March 2022. Copy and paste the above.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Mowbrays interview interesting.

Mentioned that he might be replaced several times. Seems like he's going.

Sky pundits all pretty shocked and seem to think he's going also.

What I found funny about this is the sky pundits were on one hand saying they thought we should be top six but also seemed to think Tony was under no pressure despite losing six in seven.

Bizarre.

• Like 1

Shocking interview , just reeling of the same sound bites and never looked at the camera.

Never trust someone who doesn't look you in the eye .

He will be gone before the next international break imo ,can see this form continuing a while yet.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, slowmo said:

Shocking interview , just reeling of the same sound bites and never looked at the camera.

Never trust someone who doesn't look you in the eye .

He will be gone before the next international break imo ,can see this form continuing a while yet.

Hes unsackable more than kean was

• Like 1

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Wasnt Glen M on here recently saying he wanted Mowbray out or am I going mad? Seems to have changed his tune a fair bit on Twitter.

On February 19th, yes. Not sure what he's seen since that time to change his mind, if he has. 

Edited by DE.

I am intrigued about how exactly Venkys are going to find and negotiate with a new manager. The whole setup the club is so mental. 

As someone on here pointed out we got Mowbray through Paul Senior, who left when we got relegated. Then Mowbray effectively appointed Waggot (lol). So they don't know if they can really trust him to find a new manager. 

So they've got to go via an agency (but presumably will be wary of that after being rinsed by Kentaro). Or go for something mad like the Shebby Singh thing where thye get someone they trust to do it, even if they know nothing about football. 

We could be in a bit of weird situation where :

• Mowbray wants to go (his interview sounded like he does...)
  • The owners want him out
  • But the owners actually don't know how to do it.

How mad is that?

In that context I reckon maybe the rumours about Hughes could be true as he is well known enough for Venkys to just pick up the phone to him directly. But I imagine Hughes won't be particularly impressed with the level of dysfunction at the club if that is true.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

I am intrigued about how exactly Venkys are going to find and negotiate with a new manager. The whole setup the club is so mental. 

As someone on here pointed out we got Mowbray through Paul Senior. Then Mowbray effectively appointed Waggot (lol) . So they don't know if they can really trust him to find a new manager. 

So they've got to go via an agency (but presumably will be wary of that after being rinsed by Kentaro). Or go for something mad like the Shebby Singh thing where thye get someone they trust to do it, even if they know nothing about football. 

We could be in a bit of weird situation where 

• Mowbray wants to go (his interview sounded like he does...)
  • The owners want him out
  • But the owners actually don't know how to do it.

How mad is that?

In that context I reckon maybe the rumours about Hughes could be true as he is well known enough for them to just pick up the phone to him directly. But I imagine Hughes won't be particularly impressed with the level of dysfunction at the club.

Rumours about Hughes? Do tell... God, what a lift that would be...