BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

I was thinking about all this last night.

If Venky's truly are as rich as purported, then the money they are putting into the club is the equivalent of an average Joe having a week in Marbella once a year.

By their rationale, keeping the club solvent and staying as owners is likely deemed enough to 'save face' in India. Beyond that - and as all the evidence points to - they simply can't be bothered, and may even take some spiteful pleasure in explicitly NOT doing what the more vocal supporters are demanding. These aren't the type of people who will ever have been dictated to by anyone in their cosseted lives before, much less by a bunch of football supporters - many of whom waved banners decrying them and - lest we forget - threw snowballs at them. We haven't had sight or sound of any them for years at this stage, and I sincerely doubt they'll show up any time in the near future.

Perhaps this awful purgatory is their form of revenge?

Edited by Roverall
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

There seem to have been some improvements in the last couple of games, especially, in terms of team shape. I think Millwall next is our best chance of breaking the run of defeats and rebuilding some confidence.

After that, we have a really difficult March - Swansea, Brentford, Bristol City and Norwich. 

March to Division 1

• Like 2

image.png.8ece7c207e52395aa29914cb3fd7cdf9.png 

Rather unrelated, but just came across this photo of Mowbray from 1980.

Not quite sure what he's doing there, but does anyone ever?

On a serious note, surely a 'mutual' parting of the ways is the way forward.

If he is genuinely concerned about the way forward and the steps he has supposedly put in place, I might not even mind him moving upstairs and a coach being brought in who has a greater tactical awareness and can motivate the players.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Possible. Especially with the pressure off. 

I'm not sure the pressure is going to be off Bigdogg. Potentially, by the end of this month we will be well and truly in the shit. Then the pressure could be well and truly on and this lot haven't got the stomach for the battle I fear. 

Edited by Lucimo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, oozy said:

image.png.8ece7c207e52395aa29914cb3fd7cdf9.png 

Rather unrelated, but just came across this photo of Mowbray from 1980.

Not quite sure what he's doing there, but does anyone ever?

On a serious note, surely a 'mutual' parting of the ways is the way forward.

If he is genuinely concerned about the way forward and the steps he has supposedly put in place, I might not even mind him moving upstairs and a coach being brought in who has a greater tactical awareness and can motivate the players.

What he does in the dugout. Lying down

17 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

I'm not sure the pressure is going to be off Bigdogg. Potentially, by the end of this month we will be well and truly in the shit. Then the pressure could be well and truly in and thus lot haven't got the stomach for the battle I fear. 

Indeed, but hopefully not. I hope we can pull 2-3 wins out of somewhere quickly 

Kidd - Tried a brand of tip tap football that the players weren't good enough for. Played us into relegation.

Kean - Dumped Allardyce's percentage football overnight for an on the floor brand. Plus tried to accommodate certain players in daft formations to complement their revolving door make %%% policy.  Played us into relegation.

Coyle - Dumped Lamberts semi percentage game for a more open brand of tip tap and over lappers. Bizarrely still got goals out of Gallagher and Graham with it but assembled the worst defense in decades - Played us towards relegation.

This style of football has never turned a previously bang average side into promotion contenders. Suffer a few injuries and it takes you directly the other way, that's what we've seen. To either heads above water or challenge with this you need a scorer the calibre of Rhodes and tailor it to him.

There's no plan B either simply because there is no target man, once DG had gone that was gone. 

The style of football as much as anything else is what is costing us dear. It cost us a decent stab at the play offs after lockdown last year.  He's dragged us into a hole now and clearly has no plan to get out of it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Roverall said:

I was thinking about all this last night.

If Venky's truly are as rich as purported, then the money they are putting into the club is the equivalent of an average Joe having a week in Marbella once a year.

By their rationale, keeping the club solvent and staying as owners is likely deemed enough to 'save face' in India. Beyond that - and as all the evidence points to - they simply can't be bothered, and may even take some spiteful pleasure in explicitly NOT doing what the more vocal supporters are demanding. These aren't the type of people who will ever have been dictated to by anyone in their cosseted lives before, much less by a bunch of football supporters - many of whom waved banners decrying them and - lest we forget - threw snowballs at them. We haven't had sight or sound of any them for years at this stage, and I sincerely doubt they'll show up any time in the near future.

Perhaps this awful purgatory is their form of revenge?

I met Mr Venky in Trinidad (they have a share of the Trinbago Knight Riders cricket team).

He barely knew what Blackburn Rovers is. That leads me to believe we read too much into Venky’s motives and their feelings towards the fans. They simply don’t really care - we are a grain of sand in their massive empire, one bought by/for Balaji.

Quite simply - The club won’t matter until it affects them or their business. 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Kidd - Tried a brand of tip tap football that the players weren't good enough for. Played us into relegation.

Kean - Dumped Allardyce's percentage football overnight for an on the floor brand. Plus tried to accommodate certain players in daft formations to complement their revolving door make %%% policy.  Played us into relegation.

Coyle - Dumped Lamberts semi percentage game for a more open brand of tip tap and over lappers. Bizarrely still got goals out of Gallagher and Graham with it but assembled the worst defense in decades - Played us towards relegation.

This style of football has never turned a previously bang average side into promotion contenders. Suffer a few injuries and it takes you directly the other way, that's what we've seen. To either heads above water or challenge with this you need a scorer the calibre of Rhodes and tailor it to him.

There's no plan B either simply because there is no target man, once DG had gone that was gone. 

The style of football as much as anything else is what is costing us dear. It cost us a decent stab at the play offs after lockdown last year.  He's dragged us into a hole now and clearly has no plan to get out of it.

Keith Andrews was spot on last night.

TM likes possession football.  

Rovers leak too many goals because they are too open - due to TM appoach. 

To shore up the goals against you have to alter the style of play.

Andrews said that TM will not adapt his methodology.

So Rovers will always concede regularly. 

If we aren't scoring at the other end, it becomes un-solvable without a change of approach. 

• Like 3

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19131704.tony-mowbray-the-bigger-picture-fan-frustrations/

Anybody else tear their hair out at this interview?

Now it is the fact we are missing Holtby and Johnson that contributes to the losses. It was Dack and Travis earlier in the season. Name me a club that hasn't got one or two good players missing at any one time....that's football!!

He keeps talking about the 'bigger picture' and how hopefully the 'OWNERS' see that. What is quite clear is that he knows Waggott will not sack him. We also know the Venkys will stick with him too. This man isn't going anywhere and is entrenched in our club. He's that safe in his role he can even go in the local press and talk about how other managers do not survive runs like this.

It is bollocks. It can only happen at a badly run club. When we are in poor form it is when we see how fragile our position really is - they are too slow to act, simply do not care about Blackburn Rovers or the town and unfortunately that allows idiots to take advantage. It will never, ever change while they are in charge.

The Maggott Crusade goes on unfortunately.

It also puts to rest the idea that his 'decency' will see him walk. He has underachieved and is trying to reset the 'journey-clock'. I've lost all respect for the bloke frankly. He's lied one too many times now. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Appointing Coyle was the tipping point for me also. Not because he was an ex Dingle, but because his subsequent career had been an un mitigated disaster. One failure after another.

I walked away from a club I had supported since 1960. I didn't come on here, I didn't watch football on TV, I didn't read about us in the paper. I just looked at the scores at 4-55 on Saturday afternoons and that was it.

It did wonders for my mental health, Rovers were seriously getting me down.

I only came back when Lambert was appointed. I thought that was the only sensible thing they've ever done. Especially when you consider the backroom team he had. I know it didn't work out but you could see some logic in the appointment.

Lambert was before Coyle wasn’t he? Or am I going mad?

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

Carter and Magloire showing they can both do it in professional football but we needed to loan in two unproven players because who knows why

The obvious answer is...

Kickbacks.

Ain't ever a deal that happens which doesn't enrich someone. Luckily, we have no history of agents and overinflated signing-on fess so we don't have to worry about that. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

The obvious answer is...

Kickbacks.

Ain't ever a deal that happens which doesn't enrich someone. Luckily, we have no history of agents and overinflated signing-on fess so we don't have to worry about that. 

I don't think this kind of suggestion is helpful personally, unless you have some evidence or even a rumour you would like to share with us.

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think I am Stuart. We've had so many shit managers I get confused.

Ain’t that the truth.

And yet like you I thought Lambert was the best appointment they made - a shift from non-entities to a serious approach.

Despite this the bloke seems to be one-down from Kean in how much he is despised on here.

• Like 3