BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

8 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19131462.concerns-facing-rovers-mowbray-winless-run/

The comments section on this article tells the story. Rich Sharpe lambasted for his negative slant on Rovers. Those wanting a change are, rather bizarrely and with a startling lack of self awareness, labelled as "fan boys" (eh, of what, Rovers?!? It certainly isn't of Mowbray). Statistics randomly massaged and others ignored. One post from some Ewood Wobbler chap which must be some equivalent of Hamlet's soliloquy considering the fawning adoration it's received; the town of Blackburn has finally found its equivalent of the Bard of Avon, it appears.

What is it, sixteen points from eighteen? How can that be acceptable to these lot? Are they just masochists, is that the answer?

Finally, when did a crap loss against Reading in which we created next to nothing turn into our Dunkirk moment? Where has this bs narrative of a great performance come from? One poster on the LET brands it as "criminal" that we didn't come away with something from a game in which the opposition scored more goals than us.

Who needs enemies when you have fans like that? We're sleepwalking into a relegation scrap. To be or not to be, indeed...let's keep doing nothing, eh? 

In some ways many of these fans seem to prefer relegation with Mowbray in charge than the unknown of replacing him.

They seen to lap up every excuse that he makes and aren’t prepared to challenge or have any opinion of their own.

There were mumblings about him needed to go a little over a week ago and now people are beginning to flip-flop again. Nobody likes fighting a losing battle but Mowbray’s comments on Tuesday seem to have garnered some sympathy.

The thing is, he isn’t a captive employee, he’s a wealthy man and could walk away. Instead he is publicly saying that Venkys need to tell him if he is a burden and until then he will carry on doing his thing - which right is the most worrying prospect.

2 more defeats could put is in real trouble. Already we are relying on teams below us to lose.

• Like 1

By the end of March we will be 18th or lower and Mowbray will be Manager.

He runs the circus at the Ewood level and he's not going to tell his mate Maggot to bin him.

We are screwed big time but it may be next season before Mowbray relegates us.

Absentee owners leaving the door open to chancers and part of the fan base supports them/ him.

Fucking surreal.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

By the end of March we will be 18th or lower and Mowbray will be Manager.

He runs the circus at the Ewood level and he's not going to tell his mate Maggot to bin him.

We are screwed big time but it may be next season before Mowbray relegates us.

Absentee owners leaving the door open to chancers and part of the fan base supports them/ him.

Fucking surreal.

You are right , carry on regardless ala Kean and next season we will go down without a whimper ....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I went on there this morning to see if opinion had changed, to be fair I think most have woken up and smelt the coffee but bizarrely there are still a few who think TM is still the man and as long as we don't go down there's no cause for concern and next season with the crowd in ** and a new pitch etc etc

I really don't understand it, it's like Tom said a week or two ago, it's as if these supporters (if they are genuine accounts) support Mowbray and not the Club.

** of which there won't be so bloody many if Mowbray is still here.

Yes there's definitely been quite a swing in recent weeks on twitter and facebook.  A lot of it is now directed towards Mowbray himself on the back of some of his jibes and excuses. So i suppose it prompts the old 'but he's a nice honest guy' crew to fire back.

As for crowds i agree i think we'll be back to 6 or 7k next season if restrictions are off, which will be embarrassing for a club like us in this era. Of course they'l have the after effects of covid to hide behind. 

Swaggo will be doing all he can, after another price hike.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Yes there's definitely been quite a swing in recent weeks on twitter and facebook.  A lot of it is now directed towards Mowbray himself on the back of some of his jibes and excuses. So i suppose it prompts the old 'but he's a nice honest guy' crew to fire back.

As for crowds i agree i think we'll be back to 6 or 7k next season if restrictions are off, which will be embarrassing for a club like us in this era. Of course they'l have the after effects of covid to hide behind. 

Swaggo will be doing all he can, after another price 

If they let Mowbray limp on to next season I honestly think 7k might be optimistic. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Feel a bit sorry for Johnson.

Should have been given a chance to prove his worth early enough in each of the last 3 seasons. Now I fear it's too late, we're on the cusp of a relegation fight and if things get any worse it would probably be a bit too much of a risk to chuck him in for his first experience of management in those circumstances.

His prospects could well have gone here, tarnished by association with Mowbray, Venus, Lowe and Benson.

My thoughts exactly,  he's tarred with the Mowbray brush now.

What I really don't like about the injuries narrative is that we've had injuries all season and managed to stay within play off contention until recently. Always felt we were doing well in spite of a couple of key men missing (e.g. Dack, Travis, plus smaller injuries to players that regularly start). 

Mowbray now isn't getting the best out of the players that were doing well earlier in the season. It's very worrying and even more so that the seemingly social media element of our fan base can't see this. We aren't even playing good football, so this rhetoric about our journey is just frustrating. He's completely lost his way and needs replacing before he drags us down any further.

• Like 8

We all know he needs replacing but how do we make it happen? There is nobody listening to fans' concerns, not even our fellow fans in some cases. There will very soon be no reason to open Ewood as nobody will want to attend, except the odd few who go because they always have and haven't found anything to replace the meeting with their mates at the footie

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Can't wait for the spin at the end of the season.

"Well he kept us up, what more do you want? Be realistic FFS"

1) Let's see what he can do with the summer window and bring some new players in. He needs backing!

2) We're spending £2 million on a new pitch (yeah right) so let's see how we get on when we've a better playing surface.

3) Covid - its been tough - we need fans in the ground to help the lads

4) Injuries- we've had back luck all season. Let's see how we are when everyone is fit (will never happen)

5) we've had bad weather this season

6) We've a new training ground on the way - we need this facility to be able to compete with others at this level who have 'integrated' training grounds. Ours across two sites just isn't fair.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, gumboots said:

We all know he needs rpleplacing but how do we make it happen? There is nobody listening to fans' concerns, not even our fellow fans in some cases. There will very soon be no reason to open Ewood as nobody will want to attend, except the odd few who go because they always have and haven't found anything to replace the meeting with their mates at the footie

The people who decide the decision Mowbray's future are based in India

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

In some ways many of these fans seem to prefer relegation with Mowbray in charge than the unknown of replacing him.

They seen to lap up every excuse that he makes and aren’t prepared to challenge or have any opinion of their own.

There were mumblings about him needed to go a little over a week ago and now people are beginning to flip-flop again. Nobody likes fighting a losing battle but Mowbray’s comments on Tuesday seem to have garnered some sympathy.

The thing is, he isn’t a captive employee, he’s a wealthy man and could walk away. Instead he is publicly saying that Venkys need to tell him if he is a burden and until then he will carry on doing his thing - which right is the most worrying prospect.

2 more defeats could put is in real trouble. Already we are relying on teams below us to lose.

The LT section is probably one guy with several accounts.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Think the 'fat lady' is stretching her vocal cords prior to bursting out in song.

Anyone remember the dB's!?!?

Some days the phone rings off the wall

Some days it's not so much

And some days it does not ring at all

But today could be the day!!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think the 'fat lady' is stretching her vocal cords prior to bursting out in song.

Anyone remember the dB's!?!?

Some days the phone rings off the wall

Some days it's not so much

And some days it does not ring at all

But today could be the day!!

More chance of platting fog mercer 

12 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I went on there this morning to see if opinion had changed, to be fair I think most have woken up and smelt the coffee but bizarrely there are still a few who think TM is still the man and as long as we don't go down there's no cause for concern and next season with the crowd in ** and a new pitch etc etc

I really don't understand it, it's like Tom said a week or two ago, it's as if these supporters (if they are genuine accounts) support Mowbray and not the Club.

** of which there won't be so bloody many if Mowbray is still here.

The others are smelling glue 

Just now, 1864roverite said:

It’s now Thursday not a chance they will pot him today with a game on Saturday!

Unless, they have lined up a replacement, the players had yesterday off, and they only returned to training today. So it is possible, Mowbray came in a day after Coyle was potted. Not saying it will happen, but you just never know.

1 minute ago, 1864roverite said:

I doubt the people that matter - Mr and Mrs Desai - even know we played midweek, that we're on a bad run or that we are plummeting.

The only way they'll look at it is if one of the minions books some time in their calendars to review.

It took them 7 months to remove Coyle.

We've a long wait and this is going to get messy 

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Never a truer word said, Chaddy. We argue back and forth on here and there but Rovers fans are powerless. 

I think that, ultimately, is why we all feel so frustrated. 1 point in seven, 16 in 18. We're going backwards all the time...yet nothing will happen unless India decides it will.

3 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Why not?

Isn't the expectancy we will lose?

Think Johnson and Barr would be asked to take Saturday's match - can they really do worse than Mowbray's last 6 / 7 games?

• Like 3