BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 minute ago, rigger said:

I will be starting next season with either a new first team manager, or whoever the U23s manager is. 

the way i see it Waggott will do the job of helping his mate rather than doing what is best for the club, the club is still a shambles

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

Mowbrays recent comments about the owners needing a plan and if he isn't on the journey, not letting them throw it all away are odd. Does he have an eye on an upstairs, director of football type role...

If he did. My view is he wouldn't allow a manager to manage. I think he'd be sticking his oar in. He does love to talk football. He's a stubborn man as well. Too principled at times. I think he'd cause conflict. 

But.. at the same time. We feel a bit fucked. Venkys don't have a plan. As soon as Mowbray is gone the vultures will be circling to mug us off once again. Because the owners still don't have a clue what they are doing. The perfect situation of a proper set up is never going to happen. Having a person with football experience in place at director level in Mowbray, even though I'm sure it would come with conflicts and challenges could be the next best scenario.

I'm not a fan of this as I'm typing it. But. Like I said. In my opinion we really are a bit fucked.

I can see this as an option , I agree with the work behind the scenes to impove (scouting , analysis, etc ) and a focus on youth. 

There needs to be a long term club plan and identity , I would hate to return to a revolving door of managers/staff and no plan .

Having a D of F or similar I feel is needed, as we are lacking in the club management roles and the owners don't have a clue. So we need some other than waggott .

I want TM to leave as manager , but wouldn't want an old journey man . DJ perhaps for the rest of the season.

Just now, Stuart said:

P22: W9 D4 L9

Only person I’d keep is Johnson.

Feel a bit sorry for Johnson.

Should have been given a chance to prove his worth early enough in each of the last 3 seasons. Now I fear it's too late, we're on the cusp of a relegation fight and if things get any worse it would probably be a bit too much of a risk to chuck him in for his first experience of management in those circumstances.

His prospects could well have gone here, tarnished by association with Mowbray, Venus, Lowe and Benson.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Should have been given a chance to prove his worth early enough in each of the last 3 seasons. Now I fear it's too late, we're on the cusp of a relegation fight and if things get any worse it would probably be a bit too much of a risk to chuck him in for his first experience of management in those circumstances.

His prospects could well have gone here, tarnished by association with Mowbray, Venus, Lowe and Benson.

You could very well be right. I still believe he was ‘promoted’ to avoid further embarrassing Mowbray.

His U23s were playing a better and more successful brand of football than the first team at the time.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

i think dj keeps well clear of the mowbray mob,tony and his hareem probably see him as a threat to their cosy little unit

• Like 2

I think he will be given a couple more games, I’m not saying that is the right thing to do but surely he would have been gone by now. The way we are playing we are so open, he needs to tighten up so going 352 with wing backs is the way forward for me.

TK

THB Lenihan Branthwaite 

Nyambe                             Douglas

Evans Travis

Elliott (Dack/Rothwell)

Breo     Armstrong 

17 minutes ago, Stuart said:

You could very well be right. I still believe he was ‘promoted’ to avoid further embarrassing Mowbray.

His U23s were playing a better and more successful brand of football than the first team at the time.

The new fella doing pretty well too looks like.  I would deffo give Johnson a shot.  I agree with the promition point too.

• Like 1

The team are going to have a massive loss of confidence now especially after TM Sky interview. They need a boost and it wont come from any journey talk.

Got to look short term and DJ will know the situation from inside. Good call.

VENKYS READ THIS MESSAGE BOARD!

8 hours ago, booth said:

I doubt they have any idea what getting into the Premier League is worth.

Or care. £100 million a year will make zero difference to them, not that they’d get that much anyway. Burnley only managed to salt away £40 million in five years.

They are without doubt much wealthier than they were ten years ago, despite Mercer announcing every year they are cash-strapped. £200 million yacht needs its ashtrays emptying? Sod it, let it rot in Tangiers harbour.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19131462.concerns-facing-rovers-mowbray-winless-run/

The comments section on this article tells the story. Rich Sharpe lambasted for his negative slant on Rovers. Those wanting a change are, rather bizarrely and with a startling lack of self awareness, labelled as "fan boys" (eh, of what, Rovers?!? It certainly isn't of Mowbray). Statistics randomly massaged and others ignored. One post from some Ewood Wobbler chap which must be some equivalent of Hamlet's soliloquy considering the fawning adoration it's received; the town of Blackburn has finally found its equivalent of the Bard of Avon, it appears.

What is it, sixteen points from eighteen? How can that be acceptable to these lot? Are they just masochists, is that the answer?

Finally, when did a crap loss against Reading in which we created next to nothing turn into our Dunkirk moment? Where has this bs narrative of a great performance come from? One poster on the LET brands it as "criminal" that we didn't come away with something from a game in which the opposition scored more goals than us.

Who needs enemies when you have fans like that? We're sleepwalking into a relegation scrap. To be or not to be, indeed...let's keep doing nothing, eh? 

Edited by TheRoversReturn
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19131462.concerns-facing-rovers-mowbray-winless-run/

The comments section on this article tells the story. Rich Sharpe lambasted for his negative slant on Rovers. Those wanting a change are, rather bizarrely and with a startling lack of self awareness, as "fan boys". Statistics randomly massaged and others ignored. One post from some Ewood Wobbler chap which must be some equivalent of Hamlet's soliloquy considering the fawning adoration it's received; the town of Blackburn has finally found its equivalent of the Bard of Avon, it appears.

What is it, sixteen points from eighteen? How can that be acceptable to these lot? Are they just masochists, is that the answer?

Finally, when did a crap loss against Reading in which we created next to nothing turn into our Dunkirk moment? Where has this bs narrative of a great performance come from? One poster on the LET brands it as "criminal" that we didn't come away with something from a game in which the opposition scored more goals than us.

Who needs enemies when you have fans like that? We're sleepwalking into a relegation scrap. To be or not to be, indeed...let's keep doing nothing, eh? 

I gave up reading the LT comments section soon after Mowbray arrived.

I gave up reading or listening to the shit that comes out of his mouth about 2 years ago as it always triggered me.

These days I can cope better so I did watch his latest Sky spew.

The LT I can do without, they are Rovers plants, related to Mowbray or Dingles or simply Twats.

This Club is not what I fell for in the early 1960s, it is a shell infested by Maggots and worse.

Its structure is such that it cannot heal itself.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tormund said:

This sums some of our fans up, zero ambition. Typical ‘we wouldn’t be able to attract anyone better’ 

E0B46099-A730-4391-B80C-E295EA2C2F85.jpeg

The fact that he got 65 likes is as depressing as the tweet,how many stupid fans do we have.

• Like 1

If there is one platform that always doesn't reflect the genuine feelings it's the LT comments section. Makes twitter and facebook seem 99% sane, the club or whoevers PR mob camp on the LT site.

In between the dingles of course.

• Like 1

• Backroom

15 points from the playoffs, 8 points from the drop zone!

Although when Mowbray does leave I’m not mentally prepared for Dunn’s name to be touted around, I can’t see it now, ‘local lad’ ‘knows the club’ etc

• Like 4

• Backroom
Just now, Tom said:

15 points from the playoffs, 8 points from the drop zone!

Although when Mowbray does leave I’m not mentally prepared for Dunn’s name to be touted around, I can’t see it now, ‘local lad’ ‘knows the club’ etc

Get real, Tom 😉

47 minutes ago, tomphil said:

If there is one platform that always doesn't reflect the genuine feelings it's the LT comments section. Makes twitter and facebook seem 99% sane, the club or whoevers PR mob camp on the LT site.

In between the dingles of course.

I went on there this morning to see if opinion had changed, to be fair I think most have woken up and smelt the coffee but bizarrely there are still a few who think TM is still the man and as long as we don't go down there's no cause for concern and next season with the crowd in ** and a new pitch etc etc

I really don't understand it, it's like Tom said a week or two ago, it's as if these supporters (if they are genuine accounts) support Mowbray and not the Club.

** of which there won't be so bloody many if Mowbray is still here.

• Like 2