BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

• Backroom

The only season we've ever been proactive in the transfer market under TM was the summer of 2017. I struggle to believe we're lining up any kind of deals, as that isn't how we work under Venky's. Everything is delayed, painfully slow and usually wrong. Considering the amount of players we have out of contract shortly we should be sorting out deals now - but I fully expect us to get to mid-July with at best a kid on loan from one of the greedy six and/or a Boro cast-off on a 4 year deal.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Mowbray and Waggott vs. Pasha? Pune loathe to sack despite his recommendations due to loyalty and £?

Possibly, i'm thinking Madame is saying leave it alone Balaji go play with something else instead. Wouldn't be surprised to see some new director or consultant pop up before next season.  Just to put a cat among the very comfortable pigeons again.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DE. said:

The only season we've ever been proactive in the transfer market under TM was the summer of 2017. I struggle to believe we're lining up any kind of deals, as that isn't how we work under Venky's. Everything is delayed, painfully slow and usually wrong. Considering the amount of players we have out of contract shortly we should be sorting out deals now - but I fully expect us to get to mid-July with at best a kid on loan from one of the greedy six and/or a Boro cast-off on a 4 year deal.  

If he's lining up deals in advance you can be sure they are from his black book. That again indicates jobs for the boys before he possibly gets moved on.

Dangerous turf now with these 2 at the helm.

2 hours ago, broadsword said:

Even if we did get rid of him, does anyone have any faith that the next guy would be any better

Yes absolutely, not sure why anyone would think otherwise. We are at rock bottom pal. Tony has lost the plot and the dressing room.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

The same applies to ITK Mercer. 

To be fair to him he isn’t the only person who has passed on titbits from trusted sources. I have as well. Whether they come to fruition time will tell but to debunk people because Nixon says otherwise is laughable to be honest. 

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Yeah fully agreed. I like Alan and have a lot of time for him, but he seems surprised that Rovers fans, in general, want Mowbray out. As you say, if an Everton manager had won 2 in 17 then he’d be leading a mutiny and utilising every media contact he has.

I often think he sings from a certain hymn sheet as well though were Rovers are concerned. Nothing against the fella but if he ended up here then it was via the usual route you can be sure of that.

Then consider how SKY somehow ALWAYS seem to go against Rovers fans whenever we have a beef with a manager. Something that is quite unique really, not hard to fathom those with fingers in the Rovers pie have very good fingers in Sky as well.

Not saying it's him for one min just flagging up the connections.

• Like 3

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

To be fair to him he isn’t the only person who has passed on titbits from trusted sources. I have as well. Whether they come to fruition time will tell but to debunk people because Nixon says otherwise is laughable to be honest. 

I wasn't debunking anyone because Nixon says otherwise. I was debunking Mercer because he's a troll. Anyone can invent 'trusted sources' and talk about 'titbits'. What's laughable is pretending any of these ever come to fruition. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, broadsword said:

Even if we did get rid of him, does anyone have any faith that the next guy would be any better

I'm pretty sure my 5 year old nephew could manage us to 2 wins in 17 with a squad that's about to be dismantled in a month (5 loan players, multiple starting players out of contract). 

So the short answer - yes.

2 hours ago, PeteJD13 said:

Myers makes me laugh happy for mowbray to stay in the job underachieving, but god forbid if it was happening at Everton!. Not sure Nixon has the inside line, that said my journo contact was sure Mowbray was safe

Nixon lost his inside line years ago. He guesses for Rovers now. 

Lining up deals probably means Mowbray is looking ahead knowing there's no squad left soon and so he's trying to impress some free agents with tours of our dilapidated training ground.

We've heard rumours before about him speaking to people and getting work done on deals for players before approval comes through from India to save time. He does all the leg work of talking to them, getting the £££ in order and getting the player on side and then the last job is to wait for authorisation to come from India. 

I wouldn't necessarily take that as evidence he is staying, but I think he will be.

Sums it up though doesn't it. The halfwit has been telling the Telegraph for months that it's review at the end of the season and leave it at that for now and see where the owners want to go, now all of a sudden he's busy talking to players.

They'll do nothing because they've got this club back where they want it - minimal fuss or aggro, once a year review, line manager they like/trust who tells them what they want to hear.

Good work if you can get it, but Mogga worked that one out within days of relegation didn't he?

It just seems so wrong to wait, unless they are keeping him on.  A new guy will have to come in with little time to assess where we are at.  Just seems stupid but then isn't what they have always been.  I really wish they would put their baby up for adoption.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

So suddenly Nixon is the font of all knowledge? He was telling us a completely different story a very short time ago. 
He really has no idea.

5 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Nixon lost his inside line years ago. He guesses for Rovers now. 

I'm not saying I believe him, however in response to the first quote he has been saying there will be a review at the end of the season most season which ties in with what has been said by some on here.

In response to the second quote , he was exchanging tweets with a Rovers fan and what he said was "he is talking to players and lining up deals quickly" so agree with you he doesn't have the same contacts at Rovers anymore but he could be getting this from the players agents side.

Mowbray has shown many signs of delusion whilst here but even he can't be that deluded to have been told there will be a parting of ways in the summer yet he is still trying to set up deals for next season 

Let's be honest would it be that surprising if Mowbray is kept on? Of course not what I want but with these owners added to the fact he only has a year left on his deal I would not be surprised in the slightest.

5 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

They talk some crazy talk over on Facebook. Literally highlighted facts that there was a conflict of interest in waggotts position and was accused of being a mole set to do nothing but destabilise the club and Mowbrays position.  Quite literally insane 

I wouldn't waste your time.  There seems to be a chunk of people, all around the country, who are simply too stupid to debate and process an argument.   They will be the same people that think the earth is flat and that phone masts caused covid.  

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
  • Like 5

So if he’s out lining up new players and staying why hasn’t he sorted out the contract situation. Simply he has no authority to do either and in reality no one knows what our distant and detached owners will do next. It wouldn’t shock me if even they don’t know what they’ll do come summer.

Past form however tells us no decision till summer meeting. If he is lining up players it’s off his own bat but that wouldn’t surprise me because he is arrogant enough to believe he’s on top of the situation.

• Like 1

If Mowbray is chatting to players then it’s a due diligence thing on his part for the event that there’s a U-turn (who knows with V’s). It’s common place for them to have conversations like “Listen, I really like you as a player. If we’re here next season then....”

BUT I can safely say no one expects the same management team to be in place next season. It’s also expected to be resolved very soon. 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

If Mowbray is chatting to players then it’s a due diligence thing on his part for the event that there’s a U-turn (who knows with V’s). It’s common place for them to have conversations like “Listen, I really like you as a player. If we’re here next season then....”

BUT I can safely say no one expects the same management team to be in place next season. It’s also expected to be resolved very soon. 

I hope for all our sakes you're right 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I particularly like the bit where Mowbray said 'iv'e had agents from players we've played against coming up to me saying so and so would like to come and work with you at Blackburn. Do you like him ?  Then we see the wages and they aren't coming'.

This is a very very crafty old dog at work here, basically saying i can attract players they want to work with ME but the club can't afford them.

What a gigantic R sole that's along the lines of Bauer wanted 40k pwk, then he signed for PNE for about 10 !!!

Even ignoring Venkys deep resources, he has spent £12m on two players and has not been forced to sell anyone he didn’t want to.

The pauper excuse is still on him.

Having Mowbray stay on to try to fix this mess is like asking an arsonist to put out his own fire with a bucket of petrol.

Why people say no other managers would want to come here is beyond me. Its the lottery-win-job of the EFL!

• Like 9