BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

46 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

A real good manager would have strong enough character to just be himself take it or leave and not waste his time worrying about upsetting a players feelings.  As long as the managers not a completely irrational lunatic like Roy Kean it shouldn't be a problem. 

It all seems very logical to me. Managers are constantly in situations where players won't play for them and eventually end up forcing them out. You can say what you want about Mowbray but it does seem the payers respect him and play for him. One bad apple can certainly ruin the box, so I think it's important to be mindful of that. 

In the scientific world of psychology, the quantification and creation of profiles of unique and fluid matters such as personality were derived over a decade ago. All the top sports psychologists focus on building trust and relationships, upon discussion and insight into people as these endeavours reap better results.  If people actually believe you can turn the human mind into numbers and categories then they have clearly not lived life, nor engaged fully and truly with others. Just ask yourself have you met another person who is exactly the same as you personality wise? And the answer is? TM has worked with these players for years, plenty of time to build rapor and gain insight into their unique inner workings.

Edited by Ulrich

45 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Agreed.

And we know Dalglish actually wanted to return to Liverpool before we won the title..

Probably because Jack wouldn't buy the likes of Zinadine Zidan? He had plans for the next season, Jack didn't agree.

40 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

TM has worked with these players for years, plenty of time to build rapor and gain insight into their unique inner workings.

When was the last time you saw a Rovers team as united as this one?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 47er said:

He's a Liverpool icon really, Best to leave him with them imo.

He may be a Liverpool icon but he's a Rovers legend. The difference between us and bigger clubs is we don't make enough of it.

15 hours ago, Upside Down said:

The one person there should be a statue of is Bob Crompton. Why this hasn't been done already is beyond me.

Agreed! There's a few statues around the place.

At least the one statue that there is is Jack.

Ps, Fulham's legend.

_105912911_a32a5db1-2f60-46d3-8ea2-1828fa69ee9f.jpg.3398128a55253ecc8ad9c982021152be.jpg

Edited by booth
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, rigger said:

If the squad is so united and happy. Why then are some players not re-signing contracts ?

Would you work for 2 milk tokens and a handful of magic beans?

Your eyes don't deceive you, they're united alright and playing for the manager.

Edited by Gav

9 minutes ago, Gav said:

Your eyes don't deceive you, they're united alright and playing for the manager.

United yes, it appears so. But psychological profiling and playing for the manager, being casual factors, are assumptions.  We have a strong core of players who have played together and at rovers for a very long time, through the academy. With other players of similar age surrounding them, it is just as plausible this is the cause. If TM had created unity in his previous teams, spoken about trying to do it, then I would view it differently, but he hasn't and credit and praise should not be given for stumbling upon winning formulas. We will see as the season progresses whether skill or luck are the routes to which our current form depends and our final league position will be very telling in that outcome.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gav said:

Its 2021 not 1971 👍

Some of the biggest and best companies in the world use things like MBTI which helps people gain insights about how they work and learn, its a bit old hat now with new personality type indicator tools out there, but it does work and can give managers and employees that extra 1%.

I completely disagree. All successful managers know their players and which buttons to push. I couldn’t see Shankly, Paisley, Ferguson, Dalglish, Clough using this. They are some of the most successful managers in the world. This for those managers who can’t be bothered to get to know their players.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

It depends on what the magic beans did. My eyes tell me that the players are fighting for each other. Nothing to say they are playing for the manager.

Edited by rigger

1 hour ago, Spartakfenni said:

I completely disagree. All successful managers know their players and which buttons to push. I couldn’t see Shankly, Paisley, Ferguson, Dalglish, Clough using this. They are some of the most successful managers in the world. This for those managers who can’t be bothered to get to know their players.

Or for the 99.999% of managers who aren’t as good as Shankly, Paisley, Ferguson, Dalglish and Clough. Or are you suggesting being as good as them is merely a matter of effort?

2 hours ago, rigger said:

It depends on what the magic beans did. My eyes tell me that the players are fighting for each other. Nothing to say they are playing for the manager.

I'm speechless, for once....

5 hours ago, booth said:

He may be a Liverpool icon but he's a Rovers legend. The difference between us and bigger clubs is we don't make enough of it.

Agreed! There's a few statues around the place.

At least the one statue that there is is Jack.

Ps, Fulham's legend.

_105912911_a32a5db1-2f60-46d3-8ea2-1828fa69ee9f.jpg.3398128a55253ecc8ad9c982021152be.jpg

That's disturbing for so many reasons 

8 hours ago, Gav said:

Its 2021 not 1971 👍

Some of the biggest and best companies in the world use things like MBTI which helps people gain insights about how they work and learn, its a bit old hat now with new personality type indicator tools out there, but it does work and can give managers and employees that extra 1%.

is it really not 1971, i had no idea🙄🙄🙄

.shit managers and shit employers. 

1 minute ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

It's on the beginning of December!! and our form is pretty average really, it's just the teams around us are doing marginally worst at the moment

I agree.Its a whole month since we experienced our worst ever home defeat,they weren't very united that night.Some people seem to have short memories.

• Like 1