BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

10 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Under Gary Bowyer, probably. Before that, I'd have to say the season Hughesy kept us up. 

You could be right Mike on Bowyer.

Its been a tremendous response by the players and manager since we got beaten by the best team in the division playing with 10 men for over an hour. Some sides would have crumbled, we seem to have grown if anything, that performance against Sheff Utd was the best I've seen in years, superb stuff and the points are piling up.

Tremendous. 

• Like 1

I think we lack some experience on the pitch to be fair. It's great having the young players but sometimes you need a couple of older heads to keep things steady when we're under the cosh. That's what we had with Souness and it was a recipe for success. 

That said Mowbray should have sorted it out against Fulham so that we didn't get completely bummed like that at home.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I think we lack some experience on the pitch to be fair. It's great having the young players but sometimes you need a couple of older heads to keep things steady when we're under the cosh. That's what we had with Souness and it was a recipe for success. 

That said Mowbray should have sorted it out against Fulham so that we didn't get completely bummed like that at home.

Yep things were going bad against Fulham and his meddling made it two or three times worse.

Having said that we'd only have been wheeling out Bennett and Evans then they'd be starting the next games and so on and so forth. If the odd pasting due to inexperience happens but we are rid of going around in the same old circles with managers pets i'll take it, for now. 

Edited by tomphil

41 minutes ago, Gav said:

You could be right Mike on Bowyer.

Its been a tremendous response by the players and manager since we got beaten by the best team in the division playing with 10 men for over an hour. Some sides would have crumbled, we seem to have grown if anything, that performance against Sheff Utd was the best I've seen in years, superb stuff and the points are piling up.

Tremendous. 

Yeah that was the game where we were already 2-0 down before the red card and playing awful,it's right to say they've reacted well since that game but it shouldn't be forgotten how bad we were in the game.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Or for the 99.999% of managers who aren’t as good as Shankly, Paisley, Ferguson, Dalglish and Clough. Or are you suggesting being as good as them is merely a matter of effort?

No not effort, you can be a busy fool. It’s a matter of intelligence, as I said knowing your players, what makes them tick. If you need someone to do physiological profiles then you ain’t doing your job.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spartakfenni said:

No not effort, you can be a busy fool. It’s a matter of intelligence, as I said knowing your players, what makes them tick. If you need someone to do physiological profiles then you ain’t doing your job.

I think I'll side with the likes of Guardiola and Klopp, both of whom have used such techniques with limited success I'll concede....

48 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

He’s the manager, if it feels it works then crack on.

Only on brfcs can he be deemed ‘Moggasaurus’ one week and then given pelters for using modern management practices the next! 😁

It is not modern though, it's the kind of approach that was used 20 years ago at the big clubs. None of the top sports psychologists use this technique as it is extremely flawed.  The top sports psychologists talk to the players, understand their uniqueness and idiosyncrasies and then tell managers how best to deal with each individual. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gav said:

I think I'll side with the likes of Guardiola and Klopp, both of whom have used such techniques with limited success I'll concede....

probably largely to blame for why English football is now completely lacking in any real charecters and just full of dullard athletes that seem to already have one eye on retirement before they even reach their mid 20s, more interested in their future careers working in media and building their social media profiles..... SAD. 

p.s. Also couldn't it technically be discriminatory to choose to employ people based on whether you personally like them because they fit into a mould of how you think people should be... as apposed to how good they are at the job 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

probably largely to blame for why English football is now completely lacking in any real charecters and just full of dullard athletes that seem to already have one eye on retirement before they even reach their mid 20s, more interested in their future careers working in media and building their social media profiles..... SAD. 

p.s. Also couldn't it technically be discriminatory to choose to employ people based on whether you personally like them because they fit into a mould of how you think people should be... as apposed to how good they are at the job 

Armchair expert lol

9 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

They do this at the majority of company's these days absolutely standard practice.

all depends on the company but not one of the companies I have worked over the last 19 years have done this. 

But I did see Wayne Wild explaining to Andy Bayes that he using this and how he does it

• Backroom

He should have been sacked last season whilst we were on that terrible run, I think everyone could see and agree on that at the time, he himself looked and sounded like he was waiting for it too.

But my God has he turned it around, fair play and I'm happy to hold my hands up and apologise. The players are quite obviously busting a gut for him and each other and we have a very realistic chance of making the playoffs now. If we keep playing as we are I even fancy us to give the top 2 a run for their money.

COYB.

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

Well edited. He did almost keep us up then got us promoted.

Have you ever posted something positive? 

Almost kept us up, almost won the league, almost got us above top 8, almost gave anyone in the top 6 a game over the last few seasons.......

Hopefully he won't be the almost man this time......🤞