BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stewart Downing

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Is it shyte.  Legs went ages ago. Desperate signings....Mowbray should just walk

Over reaction, Downing isn’t going to start every week, but having him in the squad and also having someone of his experience around the squad is a positive for us, he showed last season he still has quality. You’d still be the same if we were top of the premier league and in the champions league final, never anything positive to say ?

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-downing-mowbray-contract-19208314

"I work off my magnets on the board and Stewart Downing's magnet was never thrown in the bin, it was always sitting there in the bottom corner and I was hoping he would come back so I could put him on my board"

Magnets + Lemon Drizzle = One happy Smoggy. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

5 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-downing-mowbray-contract-19208314

"I work off my magnets on the board and Stewart Downing's magnet was never thrown in the bin, it was always sitting there in the bottom corner and I was hoping he would come back so I could put him on my board"

Many a true word said in jest.

33 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

That quote is very Alan Partridge .

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Butty said:

Over reaction, Downing isn’t going to start every week, but having him in the squad and also having someone of his experience around the squad is a positive for us, he showed last season he still has quality. You’d still be the same if we were top of the premier league and in the champions league final, never anything positive to say ?

Im positive we are going backwards under this manager.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

He's 36 had no pre season and hasn't played for 4 months. This stinks of Mowbray not for the first time doing a mate a favour.

There's no evidence that he's lost his legs or that Downing didn't want to come here as a first choice. It's complete guesswork and that's all I'm saying, nothing more, nothing less.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

‘A lot of IMOs’, well yes kind of the point of the board, no?

Claiming something completely unknown, such as somebodies intentions or backroom dealings we cannot know 100% for sure, but adding IMO at the end is worth calling out in my opinion, and not what the point of the board is... IMO ;) 

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

There's no evidence that he's lost his legs or that Downing didn't want to come here as a first choice. It's complete guesswork and that's all I'm saying, nothing more, nothing less.

Joe, you work in player stats, if you have those for Downing's km per game early and late in the season that will rebuff the argument. I'd certainly be interested in seeing them even though it's his sharpness that concerns me more.

18 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Im positive we are going backwards under this manager.

That’s fair enough, Mowbray will be under big pressure if we lose tomorrow’s game and that would be warranted, but some of the things you’ve said about some of our players recently have been bizarre to say the least and not fair at all. We didn’t sign Whiteman, just let it go man ?