BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Did you think that Douglas was awful? I dont think he is brilliant but I thought he was the better of our 2 full backs today, was far less exposed definitely compared to Nyambe and good on the ball. 

Nyambe was immense today they got no joy down his side and he used his strength set up the move for the opening goal. Douglas was by a mile our worst defender today he was skinned multiple times and gave away so many silly freekicks.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Did you think that Douglas was awful? I dont think he is brilliant but I thought he was the better of our 2 full backs today, was far less exposed definitely compared to Nyambe and good on the ball. He has been poor overall although has put in a couple of half decent performances lately and is definitely better than Bell.

There has been a lot of mention for Pickering, Mowbray denied any knowledge of a bid although if it is true that we have turned our nose up at a couple of hundred thousand then it is really poor. But has anyone seen much of him play over the course of 90 minutes? I've seen a lot of analysis on miscellaneous stats, things like interceptions, crosses, runs all of which mean nothing in isolation, and little highlight videos, but has anyone seen much of him over the course of 90 minutes? Not that it would take much to improve us at left back and indeed a permanent, young and seemingly promising left back would be good longer term. 

Douglas has been awful since signing here. Thought he was awful/not good today. Gave away too many silly free kicks. Missed a great chance to score. 

We need a long term left back in. I suggested Manning and Pickering in the summer instead of Douglas 

We have a bid for him according to Crewe manager 

Those stats are important for a left back cos you want a player who good at going forward and can defend. I've seen those stats plus small highlights but guys on Rovers Chat have seen more of him. Ask them that question on twitter. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look at the scouting report from Andy Watson scouting report. Very detailed report on him. 

I think Lucimo's point was I watched Rovers TV games and listen to other Rovers on the Radio then watched a stream of them. 

For Lucimo's point I refer you back to Rovers Kyle Chaddy. Or indeed Lucimo👍

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Douglas has been awful since signing here. Thought he was awful/not good today. Gave away too many silly free kicks. Missed a great chance to score. 

We need a long term left back in. I suggested Manning and Pickering in the summer instead of Douglas 

Those stats are important for a left back cos you want a player who good at going forward and can defend. I've seen those stats plus small highlights but guys on Rovers Chat have seen more of him. Ask them that question on twitter. 

But Tony denies there has been a bid. He's not heard about it. So who's telling porkies. Surely not our honest, working class man of the people Tony. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

A bid that was turned down.Heard nothing more since.I have never seen the guy play but if he is as good as being talked about then at the reported price tag I'm suprised no other club has gone in for him.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

So is Mowbray lying? He says we’ve not bid?

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look at the scouting report from Andy Watson scouting report. Very detailed report on him. 

Hold on, he is league 1 isnt he? You were saying you didn't want league 1 players...in fact, you scoffed at the thought of bringing in a league 1 midfielder because Bucko was much better....why isn't our 23s left back good enough and better than a league 1 left back?  You're a piece of work.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lol! He was good today. Yes, shouldn't give away free kicks when getting elbowed in the face 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lucimo said:

But Tony denies there has been a bid. He's not heard about it. So who's telling porkies. Surely not our honest, working class man of the people Tony. 

It makes sense for Mowbray to deny all knowledge. He will be fully aware Douglass has not lived up to his billing. He's probably enquired about Pickering with pretty limited funds. Been knocked back. It makes perfect sense for him to not completely knock the confidence of our already poor first choice left back by issuing a denial. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

It makes sense for Mowbray to deny all knowledge. He will be fully aware Douglass has not lived up to his billing. He's probably enquired about Pickering with pretty limited funds. Been knocked back. It makes perfect sense for him to not completely knock the confidence of our already poor first choice left back by issuing a denial. 

The Crewe manager has said we have made a bid. Local journos have said there has been a bid. I think we all realise there has been a bid. I know lots of footballers generally aren't the brightest, but do you really think our current left backs are going to be convinced there hasn't been a bid because Tony says so. And in Douglas' case, do you think he'll particularly care. He's only on a short term deal and then he'll be off elsewhere. He's still getting paid. 

10 hours ago, islander200 said:

A bid that was turned down.Heard nothing more since.I have never seen the guy play but if he is as good as being talked about then at the reported price tag I'm suprised no other club has gone in for him.

Sheffield Wednesday have bid for him. Reported by local Sheffield local journalist Dom Howson last Friday

On 25/01/2021 at 08:00, Ewood Ace said:

Nyambe was immense today they got no joy down his side and he used his strength set up the move for the opening goal. Douglas was by a mile our worst defender today he was skinned multiple times and gave away so many silly freekicks.

I thought Nyambe was really good and Douglas was much better than he has been. Given that Brathwaite played well and Lenihan did and Kaminsky was on top form it wasn't really surprising that we kept a clean sheet.

If they all play like that for the rest of the season there'll be many more.

Interesting that they didn't need any time to settle in as a centre-back partnership.

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, 47er said:

I thought Nyambe was really good and Douglas was much better than he has been. Given that Brathwaite played well and Lenihan did and Kaminsky was on top form it wasn't really surprising that we kept a clean sheet.

If they all play like that for the rest of the season there'll be many more.

Interesting that they didn't need any time to settle in as a centre-back partnership.

Agree...Braithwaite could cope directly but Ayala couldnt. Says it all....

Re Harry Pickering, as I read it they want £600000 for him and we have offered £400000 and quite likely he'll go somewhere else.

I've never seen him so I don't know how good he is or not but if Rovers think he's a good'un and he's only 21 and he plays in a position where we need somebody, why are we baulking at £200000? Its small change these days.

Can't the owners see that they will make money from him one way or another---either the preferred way where he helps us get promotion or resale later on? Dumb.

Edited by 47er
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, 47er said:

Re Harry Pickering, as I read it they want £60000 for him and we have offered £400000 and quite likely he'll go somewhere else.

I've never seen him so I don't know how good he is or not but if Rovers think he's a good'un and he's only 21 and he plays in a position where we need somebody, why are we baulking at £200000? Its small change these days.

Can't the owners see that they will make money from him one way or another---either the preferred way where he helps us get promotion or resale later on? Dumb.

Mowbray said no, as he feels Douglas is a fantastic bloke, awful player, but would prefer to have an honest bloke in that he likes and the team likes rather than ability lol, that's how I reckon it went.

10 hours ago, Ghost7 said:

@47er We are relaying the pitch in summer 🤠

Oh right! We won't need a left-back then?

Good news about the pitch but I didn't realise it was going to be rooted out as an excuse everytime we need something else.

If we can only tackle Rovers' problems one at a time, we're going nowhere are we?

Edited by 47er