BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dyche has done a good job there. For me, that type of football has a shelf life before fans get bored of it and want a change. 

I find Mowbray's football entertaining but since Covid happened and we were banned from attending live games I only seen the Rovers games on TV this season. I haven';t bought a season ticket as we cant attend games or bought match day passes as I either asleep or prefer Radio Lancs commentary of the game. I would much rather be watching Rovers live in the stadium. Dont enjoy watching us on Tv or stream as I not been used to watching Rovers this way. 

So if you was a Burnley fan, 8 years in, off the back of a win at Anfield, consistently secure in the Prem, having enjoyed promotion, the top half and even Europe, youd now be "bored?"

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hughes football was attacking and good to watch where I would say Dyche football is not good to watch and dull to watch. 

Not all Hughes' football was good to watch. When we had Dickov up front it was very basic and in your face. This is not unlike Dyche, Moyes, Allerdyce and a degree Hodgson's today.

This changed once we had Bellamy but still had a direct option with Kuqi. That is where Mowbray fails as we have no variety.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dyche has done a good job there. For me, that type of football has a shelf life before fans get bored of it and want a change. 

I find Mowbray's football entertaining but since Covid happened and we were banned from attending live games I only seen the Rovers games on TV this season. I haven';t bought a season ticket as we cant attend games or bought match day passes as I either asleep or prefer Radio Lancs commentary of the game. I would much rather be watching Rovers live in the stadium. Dont enjoy watching us on Tv or stream as I not been used to watching Rovers this way. 

Dyche has to play that style because his team is awful compared to the other 19 teams. 

Whereas Mowbray has a team that's capable of top 6 and the style is absolutely confused and shite

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

So if you was a Burnley fan, 8 years in, off the back of a win at Anfield, consistently secure in the Prem, having enjoyed promotion, the top half and even Europe, youd now be "bored?"

Well I'm not a Burnley fan having to watch week in week out for 8 years so unfair question cos until you have to watch it for that amount of years you don't know how you would fair. I didn't watch the game at Anfield so cant comment on the game due to my work circumstances.

2 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Not all Hughes' football was good to watch. When we had Dickov up front it was very basic and in your face. This is not unlike Dyche, Moyes, Allerdyce and a degree Hodgson's today.

This changed once we had Bellamy but still had a direct option with Kuqi. That is where Mowbray fails as we have no variety.

Yes you are correct but I have made in previous discussions on Hughes and the team he built from arriving here and leaving here. 

Hughes developed and improve the style and the squad we signed Bellamy, then McCarthy then Santa Cruz. I remember the 4-3 Rovers win over United with Bentley hat trick with Kuqi up front or 2-1 win at Old Trafford with Bellamy and Dickov up front. Its a great shame we only had Bellamy for one season but we still finish 6th that season. 

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Dyche has to play that style because his team is awful compared to the other 19 teams. 

Whereas Mowbray has a team that's capable of top 6 and the style is absolutely confused and shite

has the previous 2 seasons team been capable of top 6 I'm not convinced at all. 

This season team is capable of challenging for the top 6. Let's see where we finish

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

has the previous 2 seasons team been capable of top 6 I'm not convinced at all. 

This season team is capable of challenging for the top 6. Let's see where we finish

Why is this team capable when the defence is the worst it has been in the last 3 seasons apart from the goalkeeper?

5 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Why is this team capable when the defence is the worst it has been in the last 3 seasons apart from the goalkeeper?

We have better keeper than previous seasons, Lenihan looks better, Ayala set to return shortly. But we defend as team and we just cant rely on the back 4 and keeper.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We have better keeper than previous seasons, Lenihan looks better, Ayala set to return shortly. But we defend as team and we just cant rely on the back 4 and keeper.

Agree about the better keeper. In my opinion Lenihan has regressed. Is Ayala any better than tosin?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

I disagee

As MP says you can disagree if you want to but the numbers are against you. So far we have conceded 29 in 25 games, 1.12 per game. Last season 63 goals in 46 games, so 1.36 per game and the season before 69 at 1.5 per game.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, only2garners said:

As MP says you can disagree if you want to but the numbers are against you. So far we have conceded 29 in 25 games, 1.12 per game. Last season 63 goals in 46 games, so 1.36 per game and the season before 69 at 1.5 per game.

Last season after 25 games we had conceeded 31 with a far worse keeper!

1 minute ago, Rogerb said:

Last season after 25 games we had conceeded 31 with a far worse keeper!

Blackburn Rovers 25 10 6 9 32:31 (+1)

From the Gameday table from 2019/20

Same points as this time last year (36). We were 13 last year rather than 9th. That suggests the league is weaker this year than last. We have conceded 3 goals fewer this year at this point than last year. There is no evidence that the out turn in goals conceded will be better this year over 46 games than last year.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Agree about the better keeper. In my opinion Lenihan has regressed. Is Ayala any better than tosin?

Lenihan looked very solid today. 

We defend as a team not just as back 4. 

9 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

Not sure how someone can post that they only watch TV games at the moment or listen to the radio. Then post that they hope a  Crewe Alex player signs as if he knows he's a world beater. 

I still watch the full match replay on Rovers player the day after the game so I seen the full games, 

Harry Pickering is someone I mention we should sign last summer before Douglas signed or another player I mention in Ryan Manning that we missed out on. Also Rovers chat Andy Watson did a detailed scouting on Pickering and other potential transfers targets. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lenihan looked very solid today. 

We defend as a team not just as back 4. 

I still watch the full match replay on Rovers player the day after the game so I seen the full games, 

Harry Pickering is someone I mention we should sign last summer before Douglas signed or another player I mention in Ryan Manning that we missed out on. Also Rovers chat Andy Watson did a detailed scouting on Pickering and other potential transfers targets. 

Lenihan was much better today, but he's been poor for a fair part of the season. 

I think Lucimo's point was that you can't know enough about a Crewe player - when you claim to only watch tv games and listen to games on the radio - to fully endorse a move for him as much as you have.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

I think Lucimo's point was that you can't know enough about a Crewe player - when you claim to only watch tv games and listen to games on the radio - to fully endorse a move for him as much as you have.

Look at the scouting report from Andy Watson scouting report. Very detailed report on him. 

I think Lucimo's point was I watched Rovers TV games and listen to other Rovers on the Radio then watched a stream of them. 

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray entertaining? Your having a laugh right 

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I really hope we move again for Crewe's left back Harry Pickering as Douglas was awful today. 

I agree chaddy but it isn't going to happen as we missed the deadline for sending Douglas back.

Thought in the main he looked a liability again today, albeit he played a great ball out to Nyambe leading up to the goal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I really hope we move again for Crewe's left back Harry Pickering as Douglas was awful today. 

Did you think that Douglas was awful? I dont think he is brilliant but I thought he was the better of our 2 full backs today, was far less exposed definitely compared to Nyambe and good on the ball. He has been poor overall although has put in a couple of half decent performances lately and is definitely better than Bell.

There has been a lot of mention for Pickering, Mowbray denied any knowledge of a bid although if it is true that we have turned our nose up at a couple of hundred thousand then it is really poor. But has anyone seen much of him play over the course of 90 minutes? I've seen a lot of analysis on miscellaneous stats, things like interceptions, crosses, runs all of which mean nothing in isolation, and little highlight videos, but has anyone seen much of him over the course of 90 minutes? Not that it would take much to improve us at left back and indeed a permanent, young and seemingly promising left back would be good longer term. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Did you think that Douglas was awful? I dont think he is brilliant but I thought he was the better of our 2 full backs today, was far less exposed definitely compared to Nyambe and good on the ball. He has been poor overall although has put in a couple of half decent performances lately and is definitely better than Bell.

There has been a lot of mention for Pickering, Mowbray denied any knowledge of a bid although if it is true that we have turned our nose up at a couple of hundred thousand then it is really poor. But has anyone seen much of him play over the course of 90 minutes? I've seen a lot of analysis on miscellaneous stats, things like interceptions, crosses, runs all of which mean nothing in isolation, and little highlight videos, but has anyone seen much of him over the course of 90 minutes? Not that it would take much to improve us at left back and indeed a permanent, young and seemingly promising left back would be good longer term. 

I agree on Douglas. He was a lot better today.

• Like 3