BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

I'm slightly dubious as to whether he would come, but presumably he only turned us down last time with it being Sheffield United. Who else is out there currently looking for a manager? Time we made a vacancy available.

1) Wilder

2) Ismael

3) Cowley

That would be my shortlist and Wilder would be my first choice by a distance.

• Like 2

Wilder would be ideal.  English.  Knows this league. Good at wheeling and dealing. He would have free reign. Will it happen? Not a chance. He will get a good championship job. Get them promoted.  We will be stuck in this league under THAT clown 

• Like 6

Just now, roverandout said:

Wilder would be ideal.  English.  Knows this league. Good at wheeling and dealing. He would have free reign. Will it happen? Not a chance. He will get a good championship job. Get them promoted.  We will be stuck in this league under THAT clown 

There will be one or two Championship clubs on the lookout now after he has become available. 

Probably means that some failing managers face the axe more quickly with a good option waiting in the wings.

Not here though. We just get to watch others benefit a la Cardiff and Middlesbrough 

• Like 1

We should be all over this one. Wilder is quality. He is everything Mowbray isn’t. He’s brave, he operates without bullshit, he knows a defender when he sees one.....but there is one similarity...they’ve both been in a journey.....but, oops....Wilder’s was from league 2 to The premier league .... what his appointment would do for the town, for the turnstiles ....

• Like 5

I've just looked through all the Premier League and Championship managers - and I'm not sure where else there is for Wilder to go.

I wonder if Allardyce will hang around at WBA if they get relegated - they might be an option.

You'd think Newcastle with their delusions of grandeur would expect someone more high profile.

Championship clubs - 13 of the 24 managers have been in a job less than a year. Mowbray must be the most at risk out of the rest.

I doubt he'll go abroad and he won't drop below the Championship. 

GET HIM IN!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Wilder is superior to Wagner IMO. 

Wagner:

Borussia Dortmund II - 164 games (34.8% won)

Huddersfield Town - 154 games (33.1% won)

Schalke - 40 games (30% won)

Wilder:

Halifax - 312 games (38.5% won)

Oxford - 260 games (45% won)

Northampton - 126 games (48.4% won)

Sheffield United - 227 games (46.7% won)

Admittedly, Wagner has probably had the highest profile job at Schalke, but Wilder has a far superior win percentage and didn't just keep Sheffield United up in that first season, but took them to a 9th place finish. Considering Sheffield United's record this season, Wilders win percentage there is incredible.

Big fat no to Wagner, he is a bit mad.

26 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I've just looked through all the Premier League and Championship managers - and I'm not sure where else there is for Wilder to go.

I wonder if Allardyce will hang around at WBA if they get relegated - they might be an option.

You'd think Newcastle with their delusions of grandeur would expect someone more high profile.

Championship clubs - 13 of the 24 managers have been in a job less than a year. Mowbray must be the most at risk out of the rest.

I doubt he'll go abroad and he won't drop below the Championship. 

GET HIM IN!

The word is that he will get the Celtic job.

51 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Sge is looking to move back into management.  Linked with Aberdeen.  Surely he would be a viable option. I know he did the dirty on us 24 years ago

He can have the job tomorrow, but with a clause saying no compo if sacked within 7 days of starting.

I'd sack him on the 6th and point out karma is real and revenge sweet 😂👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

Sge is looking to move back into management.  Linked with Aberdeen.  Surely he would be a viable option. I know he did the dirty on us 24 years ago

Why would that be a good idea?  He's 73 and hasn't had what I would class as a proper management job in about 10 years. Prior to that his career was already stuttering for years. He basically hasn't been a good manager since the 1990s. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Might be a good fit for them, but I would be surprised if he got it. You would imagine Celtic could get a better candidate with their profile, money and constant European football 

Hadn't considered Celtic - but you'd think that would be a definite option for him.

They might be able to attract a more high profile candidate, I doubt they'd get a much better one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

Hadn't considered Celtic - but you'd think that would be a definite option for him.

They might be able to attract a more high profile candidate, I doubt they'd get a much better one.

He could do well, but to be fair, it all.clicked for him at his hometown club. Prior to that his record was decent, but nothing that would link him with Celtic. I see Roy Keane is being linked and I think for them,Wilder would be better. Howe is being linked too, he could be decent. Moyes an interesting one,but don't see why he would leave West Ham. Lampard ,big no. They need to get it right this time anyway.