BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

14 hours ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

That would be Sam, they listened to the dark lord unfortunately, it's never recovered.

I hadn't even considered Sam really as he wasn't a Venkys choice they inherited him. But to your point, Mowbray isn't fit to lace Sam's boots, different league in every single way. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

My sources tell me that Bruce had a big fallout with players after latest defeat, if they lose this weekend he is out. Bookies have cut him right down too if you look 

Yes he had falling out with one player who has since apologised for not passing on the instructions quick enough 

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

I'll say it again. If Johnson deserves a crack managing Blackburn Rovers based upon his impressive time with the u23s then why isn't Billy Barr in the running?

Better question is, do either of them want to be next Rovers manager after Mowbray?.

I'd take a chance on anyone after this boring dinosaur bar Coyle. Pity we missed out of some good ones and the chicken chokers don't get rid of him and his mate Maggot until we stay up by the skin of our teeth at the end of the season. Thank you Vs. I say that every season

• Like 1

I think with Brexit getting an obscure European manager will be much more difficult in obtaining a work permit, so it will therefore have to be a British manager.

Also in regard to this recruiting unearthed gems from Europe through our new European scouting network is also going to be a challenge. I think really we need someone who knows lower leagues and can unearth gems from there as well as developing young talent through our youth system.

I think I would go for one of either Cowley's, Gareth Ainsworth or Mark Robins.

1 hour ago, phili said:

I think with Brexit getting an obscure European manager will be much more difficult in obtaining a work permit, so it will therefore have to be a British manager.

Also in regard to this recruiting unearthed gems from Europe through our new European scouting network is also going to be a challenge. I think really we need someone who knows lower leagues and can unearth gems from there as well as developing young talent through our youth system.

I think I would go for one of either Cowley's, Gareth Ainsworth or Mark Robins.

Or a foreign one living in the UK. 😉

On 04/03/2021 at 17:35, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Do I fuck. He's arguably not even the greatest manager we've had under Venkys, which is about as scathing a comment you could possibly make about a football manager. 

Was just having a laugh mate.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes he had falling out with one player who has since apologised for not passing on the instructions quick enough 

Better question is, do either of them want to be next Rovers manager after Mowbray?.

Not the player Iv been told about with the fallout , his days are numbered 

7 hours ago, phili said:

Good point. I am not sure which ones are living in the UK so avoided. If Wagner is living in the UK i would add him to my list as well.

I was actually referring to my post on the previous page regarding Di Matteo who I believe lives in Leamington Spa. 

Wagner I'm unsure of, but I'm sure there's one or two more currently residing over here. 

Edited by windymiller7

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yeah 100% - but no chance he’d leave Braga to come here, especially as they’ve a chance of beating Porto and Benfica into the Champions League. 
Also can’t see Venkys paying compo for anyone these days if the time ever comes. 

10 hours ago, roverandout said:

Does England not exist anymore? Everything is 'uk this' 'uk that'

You can come to coach in England if you live elsewhere in the UK. If you come from outside the UK you may need a work permit. Hence here its being UK based that counts

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Craigman said:

Whoever wrote that should work for the Lancs telegraph, hideous English and errors all over the place.

27 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Going foreign is the right move. Only British manager who I would be truly excited to see appointed would be Howe, but he will near certainly get a prem job. 

My dream appointment would be Jokanvic. Class manager on and off the field, had Fulham playing some of the best football the championship has ever seen. Has promotion experience with both Watford and Fulham. Major stumbling block will be his wages. 

Either way I find it promising that replacements are a least ‘supposedly’ being discussed. 

Its an ideal/tricky job come the summer. Given all the players leaving its either looked at as a clean slate and time to bring fresh blood in OR wee with the willy you've got (favourite Souness quote) and perhaps rely on our youngsters.

• Like 3

Mowbray will be going nowhere unless he decides to in which case it will be confusion and then take the easiest and cheapest option which will mean either promotion from within or a desperado looking for a job.

As much as I'd like to believe there's concern and review taking place in India I just don't.

The Barnsley manager is flavour of the month at the moment so no surprises Nixon is pushing him as the model we'd want to replicate.

Might need a board before then as the people running Barnsley know what they are doing.

• Like 3