BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

QPR Away / Mercer’s Wine Club

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Indeed 

Holtby does my head in. Made of glass. Not the only one though 

It's so frustrating, he'll have an odd game, usually off the bench these days, where he makes a genuine difference (see the quick thinking v. Luton last week), but he'll then spend the next four or five games completely anonymous or absolutely crocked. Still a hell of a player (at this level anyway) on his day, but I fear as he gets older and no less prone he's basically spent at the level and consistency we require for a genuine promotion push.

1 minute ago, Darrenbot said:

Did we really expect anything different,same as usual=get to the edge of the playoffs,lose a couple to drop away,win a couple to get back to edge of the playoffs,lose a couple to drop away,win a coupl............

In a weird way, my complete and utter belief that we would not win today on account of our nosebleed / glass ceiling past has actually made this loss hurt a bit less than usual. I would love to know just what gets into their collective mindset when the top six is within touching distance, I am utterly baffled by it. If we were twelfth with nowt to play for we'd have won 3-1 today I'll bet.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

It's got to be the last time TM plays Gallagher out wide, Armstrong out of position and Rothwell out of position. Its confusing to everyone and I'm sure TM doesn't really know who should play where. 

Im a Mowbray fan but I'm getting a tad tired now. 

Why overcomplicate it time and time again. Put players in their best positions and let them get on with it. 

• Like 2

We needed midfield players to create things, but the whole game we were light weight there. You have to win the midfield battles and create pressure, we couldn’t do that because we had too many forwards on who just weren’t good enough. Travis was working his nuts off and Davenport did well whilst he was on, but why take him off?!! Elliot hasn’t been good enough for a few games now, it’s like playing with 10 men when he doesn’t perform. What formation was TM playing? He is a bit clueless at times. Throwing a load of forwards on and hoping they will come up with something is not tactics. Why have we gone back to hoof ball when the pitch seemed in decent nick. It meant that we couldn’t get a decent head of speed going. Dack was also completely ineffective.  Maybe I should really have calmed down before I posted, but I feel so frustrated right now. No real tactics so we got what we deserved. Nothing!!

• Like 1

Just now, GHR said:

It's so frustrating, he'll have an odd game, usually off the bench these days, where he makes a genuine difference (see the quick thinking v. Luton last week), but he'll then spend the next four or five games completely anonymous or absolutely crocked. Still a hell of a player (at this level anyway) on his day, but I fear as he gets older and no less prone he's basically spent at the level and consistency we require for a genuine promotion push.

In a weird way, my complete and utter belief that we would not win today on account of our nosebleed / glass ceiling past has actually made this loss hurt a bit less than usual. I would love to know just what gets into their collective mindset when the top six is within touching distance, I am utterly baffled by it. If we were twelfth with nowt to play for we'd have won 3-1 today I'll bet.

Mowbrayism.

We have the mental resilience of a wet paper hankie. Am convinced had this bean a meaningless end of season game we would have got back into it and got at least a point. 

TM massively to blame for overcomplicating formations and personnel, as well as instilling a 'bottle it' mentality. 

Nature of the championship is we will get another few cracks at breaking into playoffs, everyone is that inconsistent. Nature of our team under TM is that we won't take advantage of them. 

Still at least we aren't facing relegation. The endless drift continues. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Does he really have to tell everyone that ..?? fuck me sideways ..

Well he's basically saying that Mowbrays reign is starting to make him lose interest. Probably as it's so predictable. Nothing particularly wrong with that. 

But if you want to call him a silly c*nt for that crack on.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

It's got to be the last time TM plays Gallagher out wide, Armstrong out of position and Rothwell out of position. Its confusing to everyone and I'm sure TM doesn't really know who should play where. 

Im a Mowbray fan but I'm getting a tad tired now. 

If he hasn’t figured it out by now what makes you think this is the match to do it. 

• Like 2

Serious questions need to be asked about our lack of first half goals. For it to happen a few times may be considered unfortunate (ie Elliot should have stuck that away today), but one first half goal in the last twelve matches tells me that there’s a huge issue here with our game plan from the off. Mowbray isn’t exactly known for his tactical nous as it is, but given he’s not going anywhere he needs to get to the bloody bottom of it. We may as well start selling second half ifollow packages - and even then I would argue you wouldn’t get value for money!

Just now, roversinmyblood said:

We needed midfield players to create things, but the whole game we were light weight there. You have to win the midfield battles and create pressure, we couldn’t do that because we had too many forwards on who just weren’t good enough. Travis was working his nuts off and Davenport did well whilst he was on, but why take him off?!! Elliot hasn’t been good enough for a few games now, it’s like playing with 10 men when he doesn’t perform. What formation was TM playing? He is a bit clueless at times. Throwing a load of forwards on and hoping they will come up with something is not tactics. Why have we gone back to hoof ball when the pitch seemed in decent nick. It meant that we couldn’t get a decent head of speed going. Dack was also completely ineffective.  Maybe I should really have calmed down before I posted, but I feel so frustrated right now. No real tactics so we got what we deserved. Nothing!!

thats mowbrays problem,he comes up a formation that no one understands,because he has`nt got the coaching ability to get it through to his players,when we start to struggle he panics and just makes wholesale changes in desperation,if he just stuck to a basic rigid formation im`e sure we would`nt look so clueless,either that or **** off (the latter hopefully soon)

• Like 1

We need some fresh ideas from somewhere. Something has to change.

Of course we can’t win every game and we have been very lucky in recent weeks but our performances are a real cause for concern.

Dack is looking half the player he was and wouldn’t command a tenth of the reported £15m right now; Brereton is reverting to type; Gallagher has never looked the type; and Arma is looking more and more like the Forrest Gump of shooting.

Dolan is the only player still making things happen but will soon lose hope like the rest of them. Rothwell MkII here we come.

The Fb fans are still blaming the players, despite the huge turnover we’ve had. Meanwhile the common denominator continues to walk on water. (Relegation was the best thing to ever happen to Mowbray and the worst thing to happen to Rovers). If nobody is prepared to give Mowbray his cards and he isn’t prepared to walk then what else is going to change?

As a minimum we surely need some fresh ideas on the training pitch and fresh faces in the coaching team.

We’ve gone stale and the emperor just keeps buying new clothes.

• Like 5

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

Bloody hell Merceman, surely it's better than having him on the touchline and picking the team.......... No ?

Is it feck.................I think we need him as far away from our club as possible as he has nothing to offer.