BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

QPR Away / Mercer’s Wine Club

The problems today stemmed from the initial team selection and how we were set up. (how the fuck was Gallagher in the starting X1? He was dogshit at 'Big Club' before we signed him and has continued in the same vein since)

Why resort to lumping high balls into their box when their defence consists of 6'5" lummoxes?

Only one person to blame today I'm afraid to say. It's so bloody annoying and unnecessary.

Any one of us could get a better tune out of our squad than Mowbray does: it's bordering on criminal!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Not sure what that means, but I'm heading to the wine shop owned by the Uncle of one of our staring eleven, to pick up something to go with a cotes de bouef.  So all is not lost.

Try a Cahors, Chateau de Mercuès if you can get one! Go down a treat with Côtes de Bouef! (Sarladais potatoes au gratin and haricots vert) Miam, miam!!

It's a Merlot btw.

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 1

• Backroom

Anyone recommended a lager for me.

Has to be American, weak, light, have a blue label and currently be in my fridge 

Must also pair nicely with a kebab from Zazz (best in town)

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

So in your opinion, the top 6 now in Feb will be the exact same top 6 at the end of the season? Because that almost never happens. The only team closer to top 6 than us is Boro. They're a whole 1 point ahead of us and have played a game more.

In 3 games time, it's perfectly possible to find ourselves in the top 6. It won't happen of course. But the points gap isn't what's insurmountable - it's the mental and tactical gap we can't overcome.

Only one man bears overall responsibility for that.

Should have added the caveat for a team with our soft underbelly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, benhben said:

The annoying thing is that with this squad I could see a new manager coming in an instantly getting performances and better results. The saddest part its never going to happen until TM decides he wants to retire. 

Amazing to see the way Brentford play compared to us. Individually their squad isnt much better, just a club with more purpose and direction.

Tomas Frank is a very good manager. Think Mowbray will be bottled if we don't make the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I’m so pissed off with this teams consistent failings when it comes to the top six. I could write a long post trying to emphasis the point but at this stage, I’m with StevenSK, I realise it’s pointless and instead should turn this into #MercersWineClub. 

@MercerI’m looking for a white to go with sea bass tomorrow evening, maximum budget £20, typically stay in the NZ Sauvignon territory. I’ll be buying from Whalley Wine Shop, so ideally something they will have it stock. 

What gives you the right to change the title of the thread? You are setting a precedent surely? 
I’m pretty sure this was not how Lee Grooby and his friends envisaged how this message board would develop when it was started in 1996.

You have overstepped your role and I feel that what you’ve done is out of order.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think Holtby perhaps benefits from being a player who has the mystique of playing most of his career abroad and of course with a couple of international caps at the start of his career with a very strong country, albeit possibly when they had a weaker side than they do now. Look through the fine print and we signed him as a free agent past the transfer window having been playing for Hamburg in the second tier in Germany. Even in the Prem for Spurs and Fulham he struggled in the main.

He definitely technically is better than most at the club but his Rovers career has almost summed up the team as a whole. He is constantly injured and struggles to show enough robustness to put a consistent run of form together. He has not contributed enough in the final third and his exact role is still not nailed down, first he played in a wide role, then as a number 10, then deeper, but you question even now if he gets in our best side.

Yep, that's pretty much it. He really does epitomise this team. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

What gives you the right to change the title of the thread? You are setting a precedent surely? 
I’m pretty sure this was not how Lee Grooby and his friends envisaged how this message board would develop when it was started in 1996.

You have overstepped your role and I feel that what you’ve done is out of order.

Grooby, there is a blast from the past 😂

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Mowbray was defending the false 9 bollox after the game. Something about wanting Armstrong on their slowest player. Ok, it did work at times, but surely he has to stay central, particularly if the alternative is that absolute rubbish. It negates both Dack and Elliott when they play there. God dammit Mowbray 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tonygreenbank said:

Quite right! This cannot stand!! Full internal investigation headed up by @Herbie6590 to commence immediately. Impeach him NOW!!