BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

QPR Away / Mercer’s Wine Club

31 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Try a Cahors, Chateau de Mercuès if you can get one! Go down a treat with Côtes de Bouef! (Sarladais potatoes au gratin and haricots vert) Miam, miam!!

It's a Merlot btw.

My French buddies are now taking the piss out of me because we lost to the Jocks and they beat the Italians!

Can't wait until we're all vaccinated before we play them in March and they've only just about done a couple of thousand!

Normally this sort of performance and result would be met with anger, disappointment, frustration, bickering, arguments, bannings...

And here we have a Mercer inspired BRFCS love in over several bottles of wine and the odd beer.

It must be unheard of.... but why has this strange phenomenon occurred?

It seems that we have been ground down to zero expections and past the point of caring. Cheers Tony & a big glass of red to everyone.

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, neophox said:

Where was Douglas? Sending Pickering away on loan is true criminal and TM deserves the sack for that only.. Clueless is what he is. Tame today... Nowhere near play off quality. 

Awful result today. Fine margins in this league. Defence totally at fault for their goal. 

But can we please put this pickering shite to bed. The only reason we got the deal done at the price we did was that we gave him back to crewe for the rest of the season. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

What gives you the right to change the title of the thread? You are setting a precedent surely? 
I’m pretty sure this was not how Lee Grooby and his friends envisaged how this message board would develop when it was started in 1996.

You have overstepped your role and I feel that what you’ve done is out of order.

I say bring Abby back and he and J*B can settle it on Ewood McDonalds car park.

4 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

On the football, we had a shed-load of chances to score, and they got a lucky goal.  Not sure what else to say.  

Could have been worse, did you see the Middlesbrough result.......

Pitch forks are out.

Edited by Gav

4 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

On the football, we had a shed-load of chances to score, and they got a lucky goal.  Not sure what else to say.  

The luckiest part of it was that they chanced against a nobhead who continues to put big lummox £5m strikers out wide, naturally gifted wingers in the middle or on the bench, plays players out of form and doesn't reward good performers (who rescued him last match) with a start.

Chances to score for sure but it was an abomination of a performance with some bizarre tactical choices.

2 minutes ago, Meesh said:

'Boro will finish above us. Warnock is too canny to let their bad run go on for much longer.

Promotion is the only thing that matters, do you think Boro are going up this season? 

13 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Normally this sort of performance and result would be met with anger, disappointment, frustration, bickering, arguments, bannings...

And here we have a Mercer inspired BRFCS love in over several bottles of wine and the odd beer.

It must be unheard of.... but why has this strange phenomenon occurred?

It seems that we have been ground down to zero expections and past the point of caring. Cheers Tony & a big glass of red to everyone.

Or perhaps more a symptom of the messageboard’s long-term loss of quality posters, leaving an increasingly unrepresentative clique taken in by the Mercer spoof account?

5 minutes ago, Meesh said:

We're bottlers, Gav. Warnock teams aren't.

Are you sure?

Battered at home by Brentford, Rotherham, Blackburn Rovers and Birmingham in the last 4 home games?

This site would have the pitch forks out if our record was similar.

Thankfully we’re much better than that.  

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Awful result today. Fine margins in this league. Defence totally at fault for their goal. 

But can we please put this pickering shite to bed. The only reason we got the deal done at the price we did was that we gave him back to crewe for the rest of the season. 

Highlights that we just aren't quite there yet at both ends, nil nil would have been fair enough. Need to be nicking games like that or a least drawing them though.

Still feel though that the continued stuttering is partly down to tactics and lack of fluidity in the team. Coupled with the lack of ruthless bullishness from top to bottom you need to chase promotion.

Far too happy to plod along just hoping them make a raft of changes and hope a bit more. Far more effective would be more balance in the system and get in the oppositions faces.

Neither the team or manager has it in them though unless their backs are against the wall.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19071176.mowbray-explains-elliott-positioning-rovers-defeat-qpr/

According to this Gallagher was playing alongside Armstrong.

On Elliot playing centrally, I'd be surprised if Liverpool are happy with their golden kid being played out of position. He looks like a shadow of the player when he was playing in his correct position.

It can't be easy playing for Mowbray constantly swapping you about like a panini sticker.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mowbray was defending the false 9 bollox after the game. Something about wanting Armstrong on their slowest player. Ok, it did work at times, but surely he has to stay central, particularly if the alternative is that absolute rubbish. It negates both Dack and Elliott when they play there. God dammit Mowbray 

Didn't you mean to say feck off Mowbray?

He's undoubtedly achieved many good things for the Club but he struggles to get a decent tune out of a potential 'Strativarius'.

Definitely time to go (with thanks)...

2 hours ago, J*B said:

I’m so pissed off with this teams consistent failings when it comes to the top six. I could write a long post trying to emphasis the point but at this stage, I’m with StevenSK, I realise it’s pointless and instead should turn this into #MercersWineClub. 

@MercerI’m looking for a white to go with sea bass tomorrow evening, maximum budget £20, typically stay in the NZ Sauvignon territory. I’ll be buying from Whalley Wine Shop, so ideally something they will have it stock. 

Cloudy Bay (Sauvignon)

is Mrs H’s recommendation 👍🏻

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mowbray was defending the false 9 bollox after the game. Something about wanting Armstrong on their slowest player. Ok, it did work at times, but surely he has to stay central, particularly if the alternative is that absolute rubbish. It negates both Dack and Elliott when they play there. God dammit Mowbray 

If I were the journo I'd have followed up with the question, why keep Dolan on the bench if you want to exploit their full back?

Honestly the guy is a dick.

• Like 1