BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading v Rovers. March 2nd 2021, 8pm.

I just hope we are not unfortunate enough to see one of Readings lads sent off.  As we are well aware such an event would be detrimental to our hopes of getting a result.  If they go down a man in the first 5, it would doom us to a 5-0 drubbing.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

On past form it's at low points like this that Mowbray turns it around and we go on another unbeaten run. 

However, it feels different this time. The team looks listless and disinterested. I'd be amazed if we avoid defeat

I think it was Tyrone that said they’ve down tools. He’s done he’s just waiting for his compo. They’ll do enough to not make it embarrassing but not enough to win.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I don't think I've ever been so low with regards to Rovers. I feel even worse now than I did under that lip licking bastard Kean and that's saying something!

Back then it was a shock and a tad surreal, now I was led to believe that all the skullduggery was a thing of the past and now this...

I love BRFC with a passion but in honesty, it hurts me to say, I couldn't give a fuck about tomorrows game against Reading. I cannot subscribe and watch Mowbray and his pathetic charade any longer and I've often wondered what Venus' role in life was? Now we all know...absolutely disgraceful.

It’s a painful situation. One point of the last 18. But, one result won’t get Mowbray sacked, or finish out the season, or get his contract extended. Blackburn Rovers are bigger than Mowbray, Venus, or waggott.

I want a Rovers win tomorrow. The owners can sort out the mess later... I hope. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

It’s a painful situation. One point of the last 18. But, one result won’t get Mowbray sacked, or finish out the season, or get his contract extended. Blackburn Rovers are bigger than Mowbray, Venus, or waggott.

I want a Rovers win tomorrow. The owners can sort out the mess later... I hope. 

These owners couldn't sort out a drip on a toilet seat, let alone the dysfunctional mess that has been carelessly allowed to fester here.

Damn them to football hell, I say! Scoundrels the lot of em.

As for tomorrow's game, I agree with BoroBlue and Tyrone's assessment, that the lads have decided to 'play without enthusiasm' having lost any empathy or connection with the Gurning One, and hence we are unlikely to see anything other than a further reverse.

Reading 2 or 3, Rovers 1 (late consolation for Dolan)

• Like 4

This is such a horrible situation. I want us to win so that we avoid relegation, but I can't stand watching Mowbray in the dug out now or reading or listening to his post match interviews. 

Think we could get spanked tonight though if we concede first (which we probably will). Jaoa could really bully our 2 CBs. 

Mowbray out 

Venkys out  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

These owners couldn't sort out a drip on a toilet seat, let alone the dysfunctional mess that has been carelessly allowed to fester here.

Damn them to football hell, I say! Scoundrels the lot of em.

As for tomorrow's game, I agree with BoroBlue and Tyrone's assessment, that the lads have decided to 'play without enthusiasm' having lost any empathy or connection with the Gurning One, and hence we are unlikely to see anything other than a further reverse.

Reading 2 or 3, Rovers 1 (late consolation for Dolan)

They're doing what we used to call " Working To Rule ". Just enough effort to stop it becoming a showing up. So far.

• Like 2

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19127258.weve-enquired---mowbray-lucas-joao-reading-threat/

What in the name of God is this shite about? Didn't Joao cost Reading £6 million? What is Mowbray on about baulking at Wednesdays price? He spent almost that each on 2 strikers that don't score. It doesn't make sense. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19127258.weve-enquired---mowbray-lucas-joao-reading-threat/

What in the name of God is this shite about? Didn't Joao cost Reading £6 million? What is Mowbray on about baulking at Wednesdays price? He spent almost that each on 2 strikers that don't score. It doesn't make sense. 

Nothing he says makes sense. He'd be better off not saying anything.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They're doing what we used to call " Working To Rule ". Just enough effort to stop it becoming a showing up. So far.

That applies from top to bottom here and it's either the void between here and India that allows it. Or that middleman who seems to have carved out a nice comfortable niche for himself.

Still waiting after all these years to know what it is he really does and how much it costs. Why does he allow the manager to run a charity, players to be paid whilst getting fit to further their careers elsewhere, allow frequent signings from Mowbrays old club, stand by whilst results are poor and the manager runs his mouth off in the press, allow the stadium to turn filthy and the so called CEO to run around Brockhall with a tape measure and calculator ?

Just what does he exist here for and why does he hide ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Nothing he says makes sense. He'd be better off not saying anything.

Everything he says makes sense - it's all a self preservation, excuse making, propoganda piece. 

Nothing he says is true or in line with reality (which is what I think you are saying). Which is a very worrying trend and shows how little integrity he actually has. 

My entire memories of Lucas Joao's Rovers career are his run and shot against Preston, in the ill fated ''Sam Gallagher'' game.

A mazy run that left four PNE players on their backsides, if memory serves correct, the nadir of his Rovers career.

3 goals in 3 starts and 10 substitute appearances, all away from Ewood (Norwich away x2, Fulham away)

Consistently inconsistent, but on his day, one of the best in the division. Lets hope its a quiet evening in Berkshire.

Talking of Joao's time at Rovers and the current debate/discussion on how far we've come in the last four years under Tony Mowbray.

Reading 3-1 Rovers - 4th April 2017, so nearly 4 years on.

Rovers that day, four years ago.

Rovers 4-4-1-1

Steele - Nyambe, Lenihan (Emnes), Mulgrew (Hoban), Williams - Feeney, Lowe, Akpan, Conway (Lucas Joao) - Bennett - Gallagher 

Goal: Bennett

Assist: Lucas Joao

Edited by rog of the rovers

10 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Brad was a keeper. Steele was a stealer...

Oh, for a team with a BRAD FRIEDEL in it 😉

Some outrageously good players in that video. It’s such a shame we had all of that ripped away from us. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Joao is undoubtedly a better player than Gally or BB, but I can't help but wonder whether he would have scored for us either if bought instead...after all, the track record with the players he bought instead suggests LJ would have been played on the fecking wing.

12 minutes ago, Roverall said:

Any beverage recommendations for tonight?

In the same way that one pairs superb steamed whiting with a nice chilled Fleurie, what would be a suitable accompaniment to tonight's Tony Mowbray early bird?

As a Texan, I’m always satisfied with a local brew... Shiner Bock, or Ziegen Bock. Cheers! 

• Like 1