BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn Rovers vs Brentford, Friday, March 12.

Wonder if the pitch is playing a part in the injuries. Toney mentioned it several times said it was boggy and heavy on the legs.

Could have even played a part in Dack getting injured if his studs got stuck as they challenged. They went shoulder to shoulder so difficult to understand how he did his knee.

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Bollocks. 

I didn't see people crying for Dack to be rested last night pre match. Nobody knows better how they feel than the player himself, Bradley Dack would not have jeopardised the rest of the season and most of next if he didn't feel ready to play. He got through pretty much another full game and looked more than ready to play on.

Listen I want Mowbray out as much as the next man, but to try and blame him for a freak injury is nothing short of stupid desperation.

Mowbray has form for this. And the, stupid desperation cane from Mowbray, a man desperate to have his only goalscorer on the pitch after 2 good performances. 

7 minutes ago, den said:

For goodness sake leave the argument about who caused Ducks injury alone. Nobody caused his injury. If anyone had thought his left ACL was in danger, I’m certain he wouldn’t have played. It’s not doing any good going on about it on here. Everybody feels absolutely gutted for the lad.

Exactly. It's just really bad luck. And really sad for him

• Like 1

Well it's another day and I still feel sick.  What's Dack done to deserve this, absolutely tragic and totally gutted for the lad. Have a speedy recovery son.

About the match, reading the comments on hear I think most see it in the same way. We were cheated yet again. Week in week out it's the same. Cast your mind back over the last few weeks, how many penalties haven't been given for us and how many soft decisions have gone the other way. Refereeing standards are just shocking aren't they.

Before you jump all over me let me first say that I think TM should go but he's got a dog's luck this season. Travis, Dack being examples in just this one match. To be honest the team he put out there was one I would have started with EXCEPT Mowbray completely messed up again. Players playing in the wrong positions following the wrong strategy.

For me :

- wingers on the wing

- full backs staying in defensive positions

- drill a back 4 to be a unit and move as one a la George Graham's defenders on a rope ethos (4 guys holding on to the same rope and moving in lock step left and right)

- play a 9 in the CF position

- we need to move the ball quicker (actually a LOT quicker)

- we have good players but not in every position, doesn't make sense to keep doggedly force fitting everyone into a system that ignores the player's capabilities.

I could go on but I'm not saying anything here that you don't already know.

Last night we were cheated yet again. Dack's injury was a sickner. We were setup wrong. Pitch is a disgrace.

It's hard to be a Rovers supporter right now but I am and always will be. One day this nightmare will be behind us.

TM, time to go.

Venky's, time to go.

Shitty luck, time to go!

36 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I'll start it with nonsense if it makes you feel better sweetheart, because that's what it is.

That horrific injury that occurred last night could have happened last week, next week, 3 months, 6 months time absolutely irrespective of how many games he'd played in a week. If he'd started a player recovering from a hamstring injury despite him having tight hammys pre match then fine, he's definitely played a part but it's nothing like that is it?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6422960/

First two sentences. Fatigue may play a crucial role in ACL's. 

10 hours ago, 47er said:

The thing is we are not going to spend summer looking forward to the next are we? We are dying slowly.

I’m looking forward to the season being over. Just sick and tired of feeling this way. I now look forward to the international breaks, then my weekends aren’t ruined. What a way to run a football club in what is supposed to the entertainment industry !

• Like 3

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m looking forward to the season being over. Just sick and tired of feeling this way. I now look forward to the international breaks, then my weekends aren’t ruined. What a way to run a football club in what is supposed to the entertainment industry !

Especially true when you lose on a Friday night. Whole weekend ruined. Partially anyway!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I hope Sam Gallagher has the b*llocks once the dust has settled on last night to knock on Tony’s office to tell him just how effected he is mentally from being shunted out wide. We all know he’s no world beater but Mowbray has absolutely ruined the bloke IMO. The longest failed experiment of all time. 

And one of the most expensive too, not just because £5m was a stupid amount to pay for Gallagher but it also meant we didn’t bring in a couple of quality defenders.

However the £7m experiment the year before eclipses it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, booth said:

However the £7m experiment the year before eclipses it.

It eclipses it because for 2 years we got absolutely nothing in return. Both have been shocking wastes of both money and squad positions.

However if you were asked to keep one player from SG and BB, I suspect most people would pick BB now.

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

I don't care massively any more. You are right though. It makes zero sense that the ref gave their pen and not this one. Or the one on Nyambe. Each one had an element of softness too them. But its pure double standards in the same 90 minutes. We were poor. But the referee essentially decided the outcome to the game. 

That’s happening too often in football.

• Like 1

As for the game itself, season is over so we are in pre-season mode now almost. Results are pretty irrelevant providing we pick up a win every 3 or 4 games. 

I watched last night emotionally unconnected to the game. Of course I wanted us to win but the result is almost pointless. I wasn't gutted that we had fallen behind or were losing.  That changed when the ref and lino failed to give the Nyambe penalty, at which point I switched back to normal, got really angry at the game and opposition and became desperate for an equaliser. 

Edited by Hasta

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Hauling the pair of them off at half time neatly summed up the total waste of £12 million.

And the stupidity of picking them there again, and again, and again, and again, and again.

Will be the same next season.

If we are going to play the fancy ,tippy-tippy football then you need the players to play it. We were better second half because Elliot and Rothwell are just far more suited to receiving the ball wide 40 yards from goal than those two. But I guarantee one of those will be back out there against Norwich. 

He's too stubborn to realise his philosophy isn't working with the team he has, but also too stubborn to admit he's been wrong for 2 seasons and to stop putting expensive flop-strikers out wide. As I said last night, the people still backing Mowbray obviously can't justify playing them wide so just ignore it happens.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Hasta said:

It eclipses it because for 2 years we got absolutely nothing in return. Both have been shocking wastes of both money and squad positions.

However if you were asked to keep one player from SG and BB, I suspect most people would pick BB now.

I’d pick the defenders we didn’t buy.

The result, performance and poor management issues were put to one side by me as I saw Dack being stretchered off with a serious knee injury. He is, for me our best player and his misfortune to get another serious injury so soon after his first one is devastating. I really wish him well.

The main talking points for me was the inconsistency of the referee. To be consistent the game should have had no penalties or three and in that respect we can feel hard done to. His cautions were also randomly issued with nothing fouls receiving a yellow card with reckless and technical fouls getting nothing.

It was a really bad night for Rovers and the ramifications of the Dack injury could run deep in our quest to stay out of a relegation scrap.

• Like 7

What it shows is that Mowbray got it and gets it so horribly wrong in the way he sets his team up . A diddu man leading the line against 2 6ft plus tall defenders with two 6ft plus strikers of his own playing wide I mean what the fuck is that all about? He just doesn’t t learn. He never sends out his best 11 let alone knows his best 11. I am so pissed off with his lack of attitude inept performance and leadership and just want him out 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

You're missing the key issue. Not every player is asked to play 3 games in 6 days. Nyambe isn't because of his Hamstring injuries. JRC wax rested last night for the same reason. Neither have been out for over a year. So, why was Dack asked to play 3 games in a week, meaning more stress on muscles, joints, ligaments etc? 

I think we all know the answer. 

You're missing the key point that it was impact. Could have happened the first game of next season. After a full.ore-season and being 100% up to speed. 

As for the JRC / Nyambe situation, well that explains itself. Both have their strengths. Nobody can replace Dack when he's on form and he was looking to be getting back to that. 

Did you raise the issue when you saw the team sheet? If not, be quiet. If you did raise it ,well done. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel