BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Bristol City - 17/03/21

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

pay 5 million quid for a big centre forward,who now according to tony has does`nt score goals from crosses,well he fucking can`t score goals from crosses if he`s  out wide can he,ramblings of a man who`s run out of ideas and motivation imo

Ironically, although I'm sure that's what he meant, there's a double negative in that quote which makes it say exactly the opposite!

Might be a mis-quote but it sounds perfectly like more Mowbray BS to me. The guy can't even put together a coherent sentence! What chance have the players got!

"Now what we don't need to do lads is not get the ball into the box too few times so that they don't know what's not going to happen next. Ok?" 🤯

• Like 1

Its interesting that teams who visit Ewood adapt their style to suit the poor pitch. Yet its our pitch that we play on every week and we have been completely unable to change and we just plough on with our passing football that leads nowhere. Every match is like groundhog day without any suggestion of a  plan B. We really need a new manager  now. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I don't see why you should get fucked gently while we're all getting fucked hard with no lube. Take it like the rest of us.

I'm absolutely disgusted by the language on here...how very dare you! 😉🤣

• Like 2

“I’ve not come away from any game and thought ‘wow, they’re way better than us’. “

You may regret those comments after this Saturday Tony. 

By the way, this article outlines the challenges that smaller successful clubs like Norwich endure staying in the Premiership. 

something to look forward to 🤔

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/what-happens-next-for-norwich-city-7796838

Edited by bigbrandjohn

What a boring game. 

Tempo slow and boring. No Plan B. 

Did Buckley really play as a false 9 role? What a waste of a talent. 

Why not play Gallagher

We are on the highway to nowhere under Mowbray. We need a new manager/head coach with new director and plan asap

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

"I hear every week from other managers how good our team is, but generally that is on the back of a 1-0 defeat.”

I cant believe he said that. Was Kean ever that deluded?? That must be a wind up.

Comical. The only reason other managers compliment our team is because they see us as a soft touch and of no threat to them. Do you think they would be speaking well of us if we were battling with Norwich at the top? Would they heck as like. Think back to Arsene Wenger crying about Rovers and calling us "bully boys". When other managers don't like playing us and don't want to compliment us that's when you know we are doing well.

It's very easy for them to say a few nice words after stitching us up for 3 points. It means nothing.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

This isnt having a go at you but more the general situation as there is little in the way of alternatives but what a depressing team.

There is absolutely no goal threat in that team at all. Dolan is not a striker, that experiment needs to be stopped.

Also, more importantly at a stage whereby any importance in the season has long gone, Nyambe, Harwood-Bellis, Douglas, Trybull, Elliott and Rothwell are all out of contract at the end of the season. The state of the squad going forward is a major concern.

Nyambe and Rothwell have 12 months club option extension in their contracts. 

Was surprised Armstrong played tonight. I think Dolan has done a good job up front  

Why didnt we put McBride or Burns on bench instead of Bennett or Nyambe? 

36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You keep saying this.  I just don't see Nyambe putting up with this poor treatment and Rothwell must have had Mowbray's missus.   First name on sheet for me.

Edited by Sparks Rover

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

“I hear every week from other managers how good our team is, but generally that is on the back of a 1-0 defeat.”

That's what you say when the kids give the age up a game and lose. Absolutely tragic if you're hearing it at our level so often. Points and results seem to have been completely ignored all season. I miss they days when we would lose/ draw and a manager would say "we have to improve" or "we must turn the draws into wins".

Under the current management and staff it's become very clear it will never be our day/ night/ week/ month/ year.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Was surprised Armstrong played tonight. I think Dolan has done a good job up front  

If there was a slight chance that Nyambe was going to stay, he would surely be starting as he is miles better than Rankin Costello. Rothwell very much in the "wouldnt bat an eye lid if he left" category, occasional runs but absolutely nothing of substance.

Armstrong didnt look fit although Dolan certainly isnt the answer as a striker, offers no goal threat and would probably do well to get past 5 a season from that position. I still think hes just so raw, he seems to think that he needs to do stepovers everytime he gets the ball. In his defence, its his first season.

I think the squad is desperately devoid of quality and it needs ripping up in the summer. Not sure there are many I would be sad to see leave. 

So, our final 9-

March 20, at Norwich  L

April 2, at Wycombe W

April 5, B’mouth L

April 10, at Cardiff L

April 17, Derby W

April 20, at Wednesday T

April 24, H’fld T

May 1, at Rotherham T

May 8, B’ham W

I don’t bet, but if I did, I am counting on useless points at the end of a throwaway season vs 6 lackluster, catfish teams. I think I am being very generous here- expecting this team, under this manager, to secure 12 points in 9 fixtures. But, that’s indicative of the void we have right now as far as an underachieving club, with an under motivated and tired manager. 

Edited by WacoRover

46 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

You keep saying this.  I just don't see Nyambe putting up with this poor treatment and Rothwell must have had Mowbray's missus.   First name on sheet for me.

If they are club options rather than player options, as we have been told, then Nyambe and Rothwell won't have any say in the matter.

I hope the manager has buggered off by then so we aren't leaving it up to his 'judgement'.

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If there was a slight chance that Nyambe was going to stay, he would surely be starting as he is miles better than Rankin Costello. Rothwell very much in the "wouldnt bat an eye lid if he left" category, occasional runs but absolutely nothing of substance.

Armstrong didnt look fit although Dolan certainly isnt the answer as a striker, offers no goal threat and would probably do well to get past 5 a season from that position. I still think hes just so raw, he seems to think that he needs to do stepovers everytime he gets the ball. In his defence, its his first season.

I think the squad is desperately devoid of quality and it needs ripping up in the summer. Not sure there are many I would be sad to see leave. 

The club has option to renewal their contracts so the players can't reject it. I do think he is miles better than Rankin Costello at all. Both have different attributes to their games. 

For me, I would keep Rothwell and renew his contract. 

Armstrong wont fit after missing a series of games.

No one has said Dolan is the answer but he is raw talent that needs developing and pursuing. He isnt a striker but better on the right wing. Personally you are way over critical of him in his 1st professional season and he is 17/18 years old. 

Doesn't say for Mowbray last 3 years planning and signings then

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think the selection of four central midfield players on the bench in Bennett, Trybull, Buckley and Evans suggests a manager seriously struggling with conviction and forward planning.

He made some bold changes and got a draw but he has to start weeding out those without a future at the club and pushing those that might. He did, at least, demote Downing who seems to lack pace, these days, to fit in anywhere on the pitch.

Edit: To be fair, players approaching the end of their career, such as Ian Harte, did a really good job in the Championship, albeit he was a few years ago. Downing, I suppose, could be useful if fit, on form and with the right support, but it hasn't been the case here. It all depends on his state of fitness and injuries. I recall Michael Owen describing his inability to move properly when at Stoke City, at the end of his career, and in that kind of state of mind and body, you can't expect much from an older player. I just wonder how fit and mobile Downing really is.

Edited by riverholmes