BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19504748.tony-mowbray-delivers-blackburn-rovers-transfer-update/

“Let’s wait and see how the next few weeks go and whether we can spend any money on players or are looking at free transfers.”

Why does he not know?!

God only knows.

It's all Waggott type bullshit.

"we're looking into it" "the plan is to" etc etc

Wish these characters were paid on results. They'd be down the Sally Army.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

In a way you can't blame them.  No point chucking good money after bad with this doyle in charge.  He's hanging around like a bad smell....

Mowbray Out!

It's up to them to sack him though.

Reading between the lines he's no longer flavour of the month with the owners and the taps have been well and truly turned off.

It's no good keeping him hanging  around due to some false sentiment of honour and the notion that a contract is a contract though. He needed to go at the end of last season and it might already be too late to save this one as a result.

• Like 4

• Backroom

Interesting that he says any signings won’t be involved at weekend, we Treat players with kid gloves till they know ‘how we play’

It ain’t rocket science it’s football, sometimes these young lads are best to be allowed to do their thing rather than having the individuality coached out of them 

• Like 8

Charity fiver that now the Armstrong deal has gone through in isolation and we've banked the higher fee, talk of Obafemi coming permanently mysteriously disappears and we get some desperado the equivalent of Nathan Delfouneso, Lake Varney or DJ Campbell on loan.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I struggle to think of us signing a better option with the current scouting set up at the club. That's the reality for me.. 

Let's just say Yates at Blackpool, you're probably not getting him for less than £5 million. Is he a better option? 

I don't know what the obsession is with some here to run players into the ground having them never seen them play. Its absurd. I think it links in with being ITK and claiming stuff will happen. In this situation if the signing doesn't work out, they will come on pontificating that they were in the know about the player(even though many of them never even saw him play) Clairvoyants basically 🤣 It's just a waste of everyone's time to read that tripe and drivel. Obviously I'm not referring to you. 

I do have a huge worry that he has no record of scoring goals, of course due to his age. Looking at the squad, there is so few goals. People have got carried away with Brereton mania but he will never be prolific, nor will Gallagher, and beyond those 2 there is barely anything. This new loanee doesnt have senior experience either so its just risk upon risk.

I do get that Obafemi is a talented player with obvious attributes and I liked the look of him when I saw him. Yates I think would be unobtainable so it is hypothetical but at least he scored plenty of goals last season, and is actually a player I really like in general, brilliant with his back to goal. It may be a case where taking a risk on Obafemi coming in and scoring goals at a decent rate is our best bet with the money and time we have.

The scouting issue you bring up is a fair one, you, I or indeed anyone on here will have a limited knowledge of players especially abroad but in reality we should be able to find one with some record of scoring as a club. That Healey at Toulouse seemed an interesting one with a good goal record although I couldnt recommend him personally, but we are presumably fishing in a self inflicted limited pool.

18 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Because he is a gigantic buffoon.

Sure Obafemi was thrilled watching Rovers play a back 5 at home vs the mighty Mocambe tonight... he'll be well up for signing now.

The owners should have been clear, if he is in the dark then that is on them. The shite I paid to watch tonight with the squad he has put together, different matter.

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

None, other than Raya. You'll note that things have changed significantly in the course of the last few months. The Venky taps are off again. This is how they work. Release some cash for a couple of years then slash it back. This was the cycle we had in 2013-15 with investment and 2015-17 with extreme cost cutting. 

He is now saying permanent signings might be made, he wouldn't be saying this if he hadn't been the go ahead.Thev"we might be able to" is him just waffling on again.

I agree with what you say above , in the sense the manager should be sacked and the people behind and others but in place.

But whenever they turn off the taps it is after 2 years of a manager in charge when it is coming close to EFL looking over the books and charges time.You have a point that in the past it wasn't cracked down on but they are starting to crack down now.

It is the fault of the owners and the people on the ground that more that half the fan base feel alienated and no longer go but the situation is what it is ,our matchday income is minimal compared to other teams in the division, other teams sell their assets at the right time and more often than not get market value.

Our wage bill 180 to turnover, who pays the majority of that the owners do.They have spent loads on wages since coming down,the amount of money wasted in the early days was unreal..Best , Murphy, all the foreign lads on big money contracts that we ended up paying up.Rhodes 8 35 grand a week, signing on fees etc, we will be lucky if we got our money back.

Mowbrays time here had plenty of money and has had to sell nobody.Mulgrew close to 20 a week ffs.

Now we have sold Armstrong they will allow him to spend a bit again.

Our problems lay with being incompetent and utterly wasteful added to the fact the club itself isn't generating any cash 

(I don't want Mowbray being given more money to spend on permanent signings) but will say I think Obafemi would be a good investment for the club

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19504748.tony-mowbray-delivers-blackburn-rovers-transfer-update/

“Let’s wait and see how the next few weeks go and whether we can spend any money on players or are looking at free transfers.”

Why does he not know?!

Look, I think 99% of us are done with Mowbray, but do you want him to say "we have 7.2M to spend"???  Don't show your hand.  We are clearly open for business, but we shouldn't tell teams what the owners are letting him spend.  It's Negotiations 101. 

• Like 7

Imagine doing business the Southampton way.

Bid accepted Monday, by Tuesday afternoon Armstrongs medical all done and dusted and parading around in his new teams kit doing kick abouts for the press.

Meanwhile we're bumbling about doing god knows what behind the scenes with literally nothing to show for it yet.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Bid accepted Monday, by Tuesday afternoon Armstrongs medical all done and dusted and parading around in his new teams kit doing kick abouts for the press.

Meanwhile we're bumbling about doing god knows what behind the scenes with literally nothing to show for it yet.

Yet some fans think we're geared up from Premiership football, we just need the right manager in place......

The clubs a mess from the bottom to the top, we no longer have a European scout, the pitch looks a mess, the club shop doesn't open on the Saturday the new kit launches, 1wk to kick off.....

Thats just the last 10 days!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Tom said:

Interesting that he says any signings won’t be involved at weekend, we Treat players with kid gloves till they know ‘how we play’

It ain’t rocket science it’s football, sometimes these young lads are best to be allowed to do their thing rather than having the individuality coached out of them 

If we manage to sign Obafemi and he's eligible for the weekend, then he needs to be in the squad. He's had a full pre-season, and if Mowbray can chuck Ayala straight into the team, then there's no reason to leave him out. A free transfer I would probably agree that he should assess his fitness before playing him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tom said:

He's a moron who thinks he's special, worst and most dangerous type of idiot.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

How long after selling Ings did it take them to get Armstrong in. Negotiating with a player when they are getting a pay rise and going up a division must be far easier than going the opposite way !

Edited by DavidMailsTightPerm
  • Like 2

This has a feeling of not happening. The lad surely would have known for days of his links to the AA deal and would have thought about it. Obviously waiting to see what else materialises before deciding. Cant blame him I guess.

• Like 2

There is no link to the AA sale, it is a different transaction. Its just pure speculation and horse shit coming from Mowbray himself.

I just wish we had a Senior Leadership Team with bollocks to make the right decision which is to remove Mowbray NOW whilst we have a chance to make signings for a new manager.

Its pretty simple to me.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

There is no link to the AA sale, it is a different transaction. Its just pure speculation and horse shit coming from Mowbray himself.

I just wish we had a Senior Leadership Team with bollocks to make the right decision which is to remove Mowbray NOW whilst we have a chance to make signings for a new manager.

Its pretty simple to me.

I didn't say the deals were not separate. Just his name has been linked to this AA story for some time. I know both deals are separate. 

Agree ont he rest.

Edited by JacknOry

55 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Its pretty simple to me.

Agree.

Shout out to those very vocal people on here who didn't think winning our final 3 dead-rubber home games last season (scoring 12 goals) would have any impact on Mowbray being removed or not.

• Like 1

As excited as some are about the Southampton lad Rovers would be daft to blow the pay grade on him. 

Possibly about 15k pwk already budgeted for has become available after AA's departure. Do we blow that all on Obafemi ?

Because a player valued at 5/6 million stepping from a Prem club whose agent knows you've just got 10 million won't be asking for peanuts.

20 minutes ago, Bluerover78 said:

Would much prefer to buy 4 young kids @ £1.5m each than spaff it all on 1 player. Surely that should be the model, hope 1 of the crop develops to sell on again. 🤔

Although.......as with loaning four or five that would stop our own Academy graduates from getting much of a look in.

Even more so if we bought four or five AND loaned in four or five.