BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

There are no guarantees loans work out either though the only ones that really have here will have cost a few quid.

Tosin, Reed, Elliot, THB etc

They've already taken that gamble of letting experience go and not replacing it so we are already in the hands of the gods. What if there is as i suspect no real money for loans either ?

Just whatever we can get for the smallest wage contribution in return for guaranteeing games. Then they have to be found a place in the team, get several in under those conditions then what does your season then become about ?

It becomes about them.

I get where you are coming from but last season , Douglas , Trybull, Elliot, Braintwaithe and Harwood Bellis all had spells out of the team.

Trybull when not injured spent a good bit of time on the bench,Douglas had time spent on the bench.Elliot when standards dropped put on the bench.Bellis had to wait a little to get in but once Braintwaithe was showing poor form then Braintwaithe was dropped and Bellis replaced him.

Both Elliot and Bellis were in the team on merit.

We have lost 12 players and one would hope we have 3 or 4 coming through that will be ready to play a part this season but anymore than that and it will be unprecedented.Some of our younger ones will be better getting regular game time in league one or two, which will benefit both them and us in the longer term 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't think that we built our team around Elliott, and his signing was an undoubted success. This theory also implies that a mid table finish is guaranteed either way, which is not true in general, especially this season when the loans might be needed to help us stay in the division.

Our own assets will still get plenty of game time, but we don't have enough players, plus it may allow a couple of the more raw ones to get regular game time on loan themselves rather than being 3rd or 4th choice here. Signing 2 or 3 loans of a quality you couldnt normally afford is a very useful method of improving the team. 5 is too many, and seemingly the result of aggressive budget cuts. 

People wouldnt suggest dropping Nyambe and Rothwell for being in the last year of their contracts when in reality, they would have as long left at the club as any loanees.

The only way Mowbray's process makes sense is if Liverpool / Man City / Everton et al are paying US to take on their kids and give them game time. Y'know, use our Championship team as a testbed, but in the process help keep the lights on.

Instead he uses loans to bolster his squad AT COST because he has no contacts in the game and is a terrible manager. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I've no idea.  Just would think with Jim being on our doorstep he should have been picked up by us. Although another poster says he's been at Liverpool since he was 6 so fair enough.

Fair play to him for staying a Rovers fan if he has been on their books that long.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

My point is more that not everything can be focused on the long term, and it cant be taken for granted that we are set for another season of mediocrity, when we could be much lower than that. If the loanees are better than what we have, which of course is a big assumption, then that is the only market that we are in, then we should get them in. Either way, there will be plenty of game time for our own young players, we have a young squad, if anything we need experience but that seemingly isnt possible, but our squad is not only lacking in quality but it is tiny. Out of interest, if the loanees were experienced players on year long contracts, would you equally be against that?

If someone on a contract on a modest wage does alright you can offer to extend it and keep them around. 

Chances of us keeping a loan after displaying their talents is zero.

However i'm not about all that now like i said earlier it's a bite the bullet season. They've set out with a high risk strategy anyway. Instead of spend on wages and gamble it's prune everything back whilst there is opportunity and hope to get away with it.

So having started that i think it should be seen through now as best it can. Then hopefully there'll be a bit to invest again next summer.

And our young squad is a season wiser and ready to be built on. As always though most things rest on the nouse of those doing the building.

Edited by tomphil

35 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

My point is more that not everything can be focused on the long term, and it cant be taken for granted that we are set for another season of mediocrity, when we could be much lower than that. If the loanees are better than what we have, which of course is a big assumption, then that is the only market that we are in, then we should get them in. Either way, there will be plenty of game time for our own young players, we have a young squad, if anything we need experience but that seemingly isnt possible, but our squad is not only lacking in quality but it is tiny. Out of interest, if the loanees were experienced players on year long contracts, would you equally be against that?

Genuine question - when has anything under this lot been done for the long term? Reliance on loans and crocks, contracts wound down, pricing structure for games - nothing i can think of is with a view to the long term. 

Not disagreeing that we need to ensure survival this season mind, although how this is done is another question. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, JohnGo said:

Be very careful Leonard, small indiscretions against the overlord result in bans. They may call him big dogg but never the dogs bollocks.

Are you alright? You're making a lot of false claims about moderation recently.

I would hardly call insulting another poster without provocation (neither of you were speaking to the other previously) a 'small indiscretion' for your first sin bin.

For your second one, you were doing the same thing, so we thought rather than get the sin bin out, we'd ask if you'd mind not insulting other posters. You told the moderator to 'wind your neck in'.

So don't bother playing the victim, the vast majority of posters manage to not ever get banned.

You know the guidelines you signed up to. Read them again if you must.

Edited by Mike E