BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

17 minutes ago, rigger said:

From the clips I have seen he is left footed. Has his loan been confirmed ?

He is left footed but has mainly been used on the right wing at Leeds. Should be the same with us, but then again, he's likely to get at least one game as a false nine.

The deal hasn't been confirmed yet.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

it could be 12 months of careful planning this season of not over spending following by higher transfer spending next season hopefully under a new manager/footballing structure

If that was the case the Armstrong money would have tied up a few contracts that are due to expire 

Poveda has a little bit of an X-factor, tricks and flicks, quick feet, the sort of things that can excite fans. But he is erratic, can occasionally be pushed of the ball to easily and his final ball is questionable at best.

He is not without talent but it remains to be seen whether he is just a street footballer (all tricks and flicks and fancy dribbles but no real substance) or whether he can turn into something more.

Both are potential outcomes imo.

He has had bright moments in our first team tbf to him and has never really had consistent minutes really.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

The possible new signing is said to be unpredictable. Do you think you can name our next line-up, can you say what formation we will play. The only thing predictable is that the deluded Mowbray will still be in situ.  

But the unpredictability is the predictable thing - it has been the same during TM's tenure.

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Leeds fans really don't rate him

Cardiff fans didn’t rate Gestede and neither did Villa after we sold him to them. Let’s see how he goes, as a club can be a perfect fit, for certain players, as we have seen before.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AAK said:

also know that Phil whatever he is called, is correct, rovers did source other managers, they aren’t all correct who he mentioned, but 2 are. So he obviously does know a football manager. Tony also knows of this now, make of that what you will, any normal manager would have gone.

I find it hard to believe that all these managers turned us down. It’s a damn cushty gig as Mowbray has proved for a number of years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

He is left footed but has mainly been used on the right wing at Leeds. Should be the same with us, but then again, he's likely to get at least one game as a false nine.

The deal hasn't been confirmed yet.

He will be centre back knowing Mowbray 

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I find it hard to believe that all these managers turned us down. It’s a damn cushty gig as Mowbray has proved for a number of years.

They probably wondered why he hadn't been sacked if they were being sounded out. A quick call to him or Waggot or his agency, is Tony stepping down ?   Answer no why ?

Not a great way to gain a potential new managers trust.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AAK said:

The crack is, at ewood, Waggot is a very, very poor, and self indulged leader. The vast majority of staff believe or should I say don’t believe in, Steve leading the club, hence so many jumping ship, granted some have been genuine and taken up good roles to further their careers, but the other half have simply become fed up with life at ewood. 

how do I know this? Only because I know a couple of people at the club. I’m only saying this because as we know people will ask, how do you know?

I broke the new signing news this morning about 7am after finding out at about 1am, yes I’m that sad to wake up at 7am and post, and that was before the LET and Myers, just to prove I do have some little know how of the club going ons, as I have in the past, I will always post thing I know or believe believe to know.

That is the state of the club, it is simply in disarray.

I also know that Phil whatever he is called, is correct, rovers did source other managers, they aren’t all correct who he mentioned, but 2 are. So he obviously does know a football manager. Tony also knows of this now, make of that what you will, any normal manager would have gone.

So how hard is he and his CEO working to secure our players now whose contracts are running down ?

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

So how hard is he and his CEO working to secure our players now whose contracts are running down ?

They'd have had more money to try and do so if they hadn't spent money on Clarkson and this Leeds lad and put faith in the likes of Buckley, Butterworth, Chapman and Dolan.

Plus, the priority is still a decent permanent striker to replace Armstrong!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

They'd have had more money to try and do so if they hadn't spent money on Clarkson and this Leeds lad and put faith in the likes of Buckley, Butterworth, Chapman and Dolan.

Plus, the priority is still a decent permanent striker to replace Armstrong!

The main issue i have with these type of signings is there's a danger it becomes all about them. Using them to boost ourselves up the league is fine but just setting up to showcase them whilst the only aim is to better 15th is a poor do.

Our lads must take priority and the team developing should be the sole aim.

It's no way to build a team says Mowbray then does the opposite, they've got their Coventry mk2 plans in full swing here now that's for sure.

• Like 3