BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

What do you think? He's not being paid £10 million a season here and managers who are paid that continue to work. 

I think Mowbray will have enough salted away to retire when he leaves the Rovers. So the only person who can answer your question is Mowbray. If it was me I would retire, but that is me.

44 minutes ago, rigger said:

I think Mowbray will have enough salted away to retire when he leaves the Rovers. So the only person who can answer your question is Mowbray. If it was me I would retire, but that is me.

How much is enough? If he does well this season it will be interesting to see where he ends up. I think he will continue to manage 

5 minutes ago, bboy said:

Just guessing it'll either be Ojo or one of the defenders

If indeed we did sign someone from Liverpool, I think Ojo might be sold if possible, and players like Rhys Williams and Neco Williams I suspect will remain with their first team. So it would most likely be someone who has never played for the first team.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

As for Armstrong, if you think it's close to £20million well good luck with that!.

Didn’t you tell the site we’d be lucky to clear 7m for Armstrong? On the same day you told us you’d rather have Coyle than Mowbray?

Every media outlet has the Armstrong deal at £15+ Some as high at £20m with add-ons.

As for Owen Coyle, I need say no more…..

Edited by Gav
  • Like 4

If that lad is on 11k then Rovers paying about half fits in with the 5k pwk limit that's been mentioned.

Sounds about right but of course a loan fee as well and agents fees etc would drive it up. Over a season it still might be half a million. Now times that by poss 4 or 5 that's a lot of money.

Yes you're getting 5 bods in for a few million but it's still a few million evaporated with no potential return. Good kids they may be ability wise but smart business it isn't.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1