BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think/fear that it will be Brereton left, Gallagher right, Dolan central.

He's done that before, a couple of times if I remember correctly.

Surely, he would have to play Gallagher centrally for the most part. Bonkers to have him putting crosses into Dolan.

• Like 2

I'm also in the camp of wanting the Armstrong case to be resolved. 

If that money plus the skeleton squad we have can survive this season, might give the next manager a chance to rebuild without the FFP looming each season. Don't think it's a bad thing that Mowbray will be forced to use the U23 players. They will be a lot better for the experience even if we barely survive. 

I for one find it easier to cheer on "our own babies" rather than a bloated squad of seniors. The largest obstacle is that the squad lacks leaders regardless of age. Lenihan and Travis are probably the only ones, and I can easily see us fold when getting behind. 

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why do you omit his FA CUP hat trick against Preston? 

Also how many proper appreances has he had at Norwich like starting games to get those 3 goals? Or were they just 10 minutes appreances at winning situations? 

Do you have suggestions who to replace Armstrong with?

6 career goals then. Im not saying he should have scored more in his limited game time, my whole point is that he has barely any senior experience and thus it would be a gamble with him yet to prove that he can score consistently. Not saying that he would be bad, I am saying that nobody really knows.

No, I have no idea who we should sign up front. No idea who is available either in the UK or beyond using our supposed scouting network which seems to have disintegrated. And yes, I am aware of the new regulations.

12 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Depends if he believes in himself or not,that's a lot of ifs that might happen you suggest if he stays.If he's half the player he thinks he is he'll run his contract down and pick his team.

Who will he have to pick from in a year? No guarantee he’s getting offers from bigger teams than Norwich or Southampton. 

Those ifs are hardly unlikely, look at Dack, that’s all it takes. You take PL football when you can get it. He’ll start for both Norwich/Southampton and get exposure in the PL for a season which could lead to better things. You don’t wait around to see what might come in 12 months.

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Got to question why Mowbray didn't play him upfront in the first place.

Oh yeah - cos Mowbray is an awful manager.

Didn't we have Dack and Graham as our front line if I remember correctly and it was cracking partnership 

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

You were adamant a couple of hours ago that the Venkys weren't letting Mowbray bring any players in 

And if you look PROPERLY through my posts in the last 48 hours I have been saying it's unlikely any signings we been made without Armstrong being sold. We are getting a Armstrong replacement as per of the deal plus money close to the asking price. 

42 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Go to Norwich or wait 12 months and get to pick the team you join with a big signing on fee because youre a free transfer,i know which i'd choose if i was him.

Big risk if he suffers a serious injury, and he will lose out on top wages as well for the next 12 months.

Have only seen clips of Idah but looks a bit raw, but very strong and quick and suited to lead the line. Armstrong is a goner sooner or later, and another promising youngster in our forward line would be great. Hope Nixon doesn't mean large loan fee, think he would have specified it was a loan if that was the case. Probably will want a buy-back clause or a sell-on or both.

Would a swap deal reduce the share Newcastle are entitled to?

43 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

what i fear as well,should`nt be putting a raw,young lad up front on his own,it will no doubt end up not working,dolans confidence will be shredded and to top it all,mowbray will start criticising him in the press

Dolan had a really good game playing there against Milwall away last season.

I do think that will be the exception to the rule though, expect him to look lost if he plays there on Saturday.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

6 career goals then. Im not saying he should have scored more in his limited game time, my whole point is that he has barely any senior experience and thus it would be a gamble with him yet to prove that he can score consistently. Not sayng that he would be bad, I am saying that nobody really knows.

Well he is only gain experience playing first team football. Not sitting on bench. 

Every signing is a gamble

36 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No, I have no idea who we should sign up front. No idea who is available either in the UK or beyond using our supposed scouting network which seems to have disintegrated. And yes, I am aware of the new regulations.

Just thought you had suggestion or two. 

It's appears our European Scouting Network has been downgrade due to Brexit and the work permit point system.

Mowbray didn't use the European scouting network enough before the point system came in.and he is to blame for that. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No, because Graham was there and had formed a lethal partnership with Dack. You do remember that? 

But TM is still an awful manager 😂

43 minutes ago, Gav said:

I don’t think he does need replacing bluebruce, we go with what we’ve got.

The defence is where we need to strengthen, if a decent manager walked in the door tomorrow he’d be after defenders, that’s where you start and manager after manager has failed to fill those gaps.

Big Ben and/or Gallagher play upfront for me, we strengthen from back to front.

28 goals last season and we finished nowhere, that tells it’s own story.

I agree we have BB and SG, both are meant to be strikers and McBride looks alright (based on preseason). We need better quality elsewhere. I'd be after a CB and a CM and if we're lucky some pennies too. Newcastle can go jump for their 40% profit (assuming player's don't count)

We're just going to lose all our assets and be left stuck with Mowbray, kids and loans aren't we?

The stuff of nightmares.

I long for the day these scumbags are gone.

And no, a kid from Norwich who has never done anything in return for our 25 goal a season talisman is not good business nor is money we won't spend

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We're just going to lose all our assets and be left stuck with Mowbray, kids and loans aren't we?

The stuff of nightmares.

And no, a kid from Norwich who has never done anything in return for our 25 goal a season talisman is not good business nor is money we won't spend

You'd rather keep Arma for 12 months and let him leave on a free?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The stuff of nightmares.

Not the player coming ins fault 

14 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The stuff of nightmares.

What happens if Idah comes in and scores 15 goals this coming season and we stay up? 

What wrong with using our own academy players in the first team?

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What happens if Idah comes in and scores 15 goals this coming season and we stay up? 

What wrong with using our own academy players in the first team?

One hell of a gamble. You're happy to gamble with the club's future, I'm not. I don't think we are in a position to take that sort of risk and just hope it pays off, and certainly not with this manager's track record on young projects.

Nothing wrong with using our own academy players in the first team - Nyambe, Trav, Lenihan - 3 big players for us who I would have first names on the team sheet most weeks. Then there's Buckley, JRC and Wharton who also feature regularly. So there's no shortage of players making the grade and being used. Our academy is highly productive and has delivered more than most.

Shame about most of these lads running their contracts down because the Club hasn't got any sort of medium to long term aim but that's another story for another day.

The policy here however, which you seem happy to go with, is to avoid spending any money, issuing permanent contracts or recruiting externally because why do that when you can chuck an academy lad in which is cheaper and easier, regardless of whether they are actually good enough or not and just hope it works out. By works out we aren't talking about promotion from this league, just existence down the middle. Again no overarching aim or ambition at this club other than to cobble together a squad and float around hoping individuals develop and improve.

Others have aims - promotion asap - and recruit to try and achieve it.

• Like 1

Really gaining some more traction now.

Norwich, Southampton and Palace all linked with a move.

First and foremost, the owners, Waggot, cheston or whoever just want the money. Any interest in getting a decent swap deal so we can field a reasonable team are not their main concerns.

I think, £15m, give Newcastle their slice and let Mowbray field a prem loan or Gallagher or some under 23 is the most likely outcome of it all.

I can't see us getting either the lad from Southampton or the lad from Norwich, as they will value them too high and we won't get what we need the most. Cash.

Odds on us going down if Armstrong leaves must jump significantly.

Any striker with a good supply line will score goals Armstrong proved it over the last 2 years.

The Norwich kid sounds a good bet. Fast and quick feet is what we need and is the type of player to replace Armstrong . 
As a side issue Armstrong will either bomb big time in the PL or he will suddenly learn how to convert his chances without having to think

• Like 2

One or two on Twitter completely adamant that Crystal Palace have done a deal for Armstrong. Who knows, but the bidding war and agents talk is all good for us.

1 hour ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Bit revisionist. His scoring pedigree was in League 2 and his loan at then Championship Bolton had been a bust. Personally I thought Mowbray was nuts when he talked about 5’6” AA who never scored inside the box being our future centre forward.

How can it be revisionist when it's actually the truth !!!

Doesn't really matter if it was in a lower league it showed he knew were the net is  he'd scored 20 goals in 40 games. We were in league 1 anyway so it was never going to be a massive step but he carried it on easy enough and he was what, 20/21 ?  He'd already proven himself decent at that level.

Like i said he's workmanlike but all the foundation was there plus he could be shoved wide left because he was quick and direct.

Those are the kind of players we need to be looking for even if they come with contract clauses etc. It's very much the Brentford model.

Compared to Brereton and Gallagher it was a superb signing and there's nowt revisionist about that.

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

One or two on Twitter completely adamant that Crystal Palace have done a deal for Armstrong. Who knows, but the bidding war and agents talk is all good for us.

Just seen this now as well 😂

5C0B2228-92EE-43CF-925A-6C2F1A61BCD4.jpeg