BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

15 hours ago, JHRover said:

I know when it was announced. I dont know the ins and outs or if there was ever any truth in the WBA rumours (i suspect not because they don't spend big money). Maybe the deal was on the table and he decided to sign it after his injury and rehab.

I maintain that at the very least the extension for Dack was approved by India many, many months earlier than the announcement and probably before his injury and so fell under previous approval rather than the batch of extensions we are dealing with now. 

Remarkable coincidence that we have 10 senior players out of contract and all of them we are happy to release or are demanding too much money.

The alternative possibility is the most likely- nothing has been done other than a lot of talking.

Of course spend big money like the money they spend on Mattias Pereira. Plus I trust the source of info. 

21 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's the perfect time for a new manager to come in and be given a decent wage budget to play around with 

Although ideally we would have brought a new manager in several games ago. Which would have given them time to properly understand existing personnel and get a grasp of what we need.

Every day we persist with Mowbray is just delaying the inevitable and squandering more opportunity to rebuild properly.

It also appears he will get to lead the rebuild altogether, minus the head of recruitment of course. Weird the one season we supposedly start earlier is the one where our head of recruitment just left. Mowbray leading this could hold us back for years to come.

I don't know what is worse.

That Mowbray is planning on being here in the summer and next season.

That Crewe players are the extent of our capabilities/ambitions

Or that we probably won't even be able to get them as Venkys won't have even considered a budget yet.

Mowbray’s (or Venus’) strategy seems to be buying L1 hopefuls and loaning non-PL-ready U23s.

The irony being that Rovers youngsters are up there with the best in their class and yet are overlooked for said loanees.

If anything we should be blooding our own and loaning experience.

• Like 2

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Mowbray’s (or Venus’) strategy seems to be buying L1 hopefuls and loaning non-PL-ready U23s.

Worked out well for Ipswich - and by worked out well I mean they got relegated in embarrassing fashion and are still struggling to get out of League 1.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dallydally said:

And now we are being linked with a so called "wonderkid" who has amassed 14 goals in League One at Crewe this season. Crap. If we have any ambition get the guy from Peterborough (assuming Armstrong moves on)

Armstrong was preforming at a similar level before excelling at Rovers.  Dack too.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

That Toney lad's not doing too bad either, or that former Exeter lad he replaced.

Buy league one players, get league one football, to paraphrase a poster from yesteryear. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, J*B said:

Buy league one players, get league one football, to paraphrase a poster from yesteryear. 

Using well known clubs with good infrastructure, with good transfer records, as an example of one's who made it are all well and good, but we don't. Dack was the player of the season, highly rated etc, so yes there will be exceptions, but with our track record I'm less hopeful they will be.

7 hours ago, Mike E said:

I'd hardly say den is a yesteryear poster 😜

Surely any 90+ year old man is from yesterday year?

• Backroom
31 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Using well known clubs with good infrastructure, with good transfer records, as an example of one's who made it are all well and good, but we don't. Dack was the player of the season, highly rated etc, so yes there will be exceptions, but with our track record I'm less hopeful they will be.

Surely any 90+ year old man is from yesterday year?

He's 90+?! Well bugger me.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Armstrong was preforming at a similar level before excelling at Rovers.  Dack too.

Armstrong scored 20 goals aged about 18/19. This lad has 12 goals aged 22.

Dack had been League One Player of the Year.

These are not appropriate comparisons. These players were performing in the same league as him, but on another level.

Charlton 2-2 Crewe: Owen Dale double denies Addicks | Football News | Sky Sports

The Crewe lad we've been linked with scoring two for Crewe t'other week. He looks shit🙄

'Buy League 1 players get League 1 football' is very simplistic and a bit trite.

More accurate would be to say 'buy League 1 players not capable of playing higher and get League 1 football'.

Sunderland news: Black Cats in hunt for Crewe forward Dale (footballinsider247.com)

Dale can play all along the front line. He looks left footed in the clips on Sky against Charlton but has played right-wing this season. 12 goals from there is decent and got YPOTM for December in League 1. Looks a talented lad on those brief clips. 

Writing him off cos he's L1 isn't very intelligent.

If we're buying a Crewe forward, it should be Charlie Kirk. We need a competent LW and he's able. Young, played well down the left with Pickering, £600k release clause. Easy to sort for me.

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Armstrong scored 20 goals aged about 18/19. This lad has 12 goals aged 22.

Dack had been League One Player of the Year.

These are not appropriate comparisons. These players were performing in the same league as him, but on another level.

You nicely make my point for me: not the league, but their capabilities.  Thanks.