BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

37 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

His goalscoring record is worse than Gallaghers, in better teams. 

No it's not.

Gallagher - 190 games 32 goals

Fletcher  - 140 games 26 goals

I'd say it's slightly in favour of Fletcher...

Anyway let's see where they both end up at the end of the coming season 😅

• Like 1

I really don't get the Ronan Curtis link.

He has contributed (goals + assists) about 17-18 in each of the last three seasons in a decent Pompey team.

Chapman contributed 8 in half a season on loan for a poor Shrewsbury side and is two years younger than Curtis.

What would we gain from spending 2-3 mill in getting Curtis? Mowbray has never been able to get the best out of wing players, especially given he plonks Gallagher on the wing most of the time. 

• Like 2

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

I really don't get the Ronan Curtis link.

He has contributed (goals + assists) about 17-18 in each of the last three seasons in a decent Pompey team.

Chapman contributed 8 in half a season on loan for a poor Shrewsbury side and is two years younger than Curtis.

What would we gain from spending 2-3 mill in getting Curtis? Mowbray has never been able to get the best out of wing players, especially given he plonks Gallagher on the wing most of the time. 

I think that's your answer. Very consistent and significant contributions. He's also left-sided.

I just don't see it happening though as he'll command a fee of the amount you mention. We were skint last summer and couldn't afford fees of £1m so I highly doubt we'll be spending £3m on someone....unless AA is sold. 

8 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

If you have a read back over the last two pages you will note that it was you who brought AA into the discussion🙄

AF is very, very average. It doesn't surprise me you rate him👍

I didn't compare him to AF. What are.you talking about?

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

No it's not.

Gallagher - 190 games 32 goals

Fletcher  - 140 games 26 goals

I'd say it's slightly in favour of Fletcher...

Anyway let's see where they both end up at the end of the coming season 😅

Well one is going to end up on the wing! 

Fletcher has some agent. I read it's a 5 year deal at Watford. With injuries alone, that's a cracking deal for him.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Someone must think he's worth it.👍

Probably on peanuts, but I mean a 5 year deal at a PL team, he would have to take it, going off his previous record of both form and injuries. His agent deserves a raise. 

I suppose it's a free hit for Watford though. Low wage and his value automatically increased by them signing him whilst in the PL. So he could play a handful of games and they could still flog him for a profit. The joys of being PL. 

If he scores 10 PL goals in his career I will be amazed. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

22 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Jerry Yates from Blackpool played very well today. Was impressed by his movement and his hold up play within the last few minutes before being subbed today

Could be ideal replacement for Armstrong if he sold. Whatever we recieve if we use to sign 2 strikers and then use the rest to improve other position like the centre midfield area

Jerry Yates is nowhere better than Gally or Brereton. Gally and Brereton would score loads in league one. We need better than Yates....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Jerry Yates is nowhere better than Gally or Brereton. Gally and Brereton would score loads in league one. We need better than Yates....

I’d rather have Blackpool’s manager than anything else, he’s done well there 👍🏻

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I think that's your answer. Very consistent and significant contributions. He's also left-sided.

I just don't see it happening though as he'll command a fee of the amount you mention. We were skint last summer and couldn't afford fees of £1m so I highly doubt we'll be spending £3m on someone....unless AA is sold. 

Think he will be available for more like £1million. He's not in the good books down in Pompey with his antics off the pitch. On the piss and scrapping same night as missing out on the playoffs. Bit of an attitude on it too.

Not much pace and a one trick pony. Cuts in and shoots. Lad thinks he's a lot better than he is and all the Pompey fans I know would be glad to see him out the door.

4 hours ago, neophox said:

Personally really like what Iv seen from yates and it’s more about his hold up play and bringing teammates in as much as his goal scoring . A young Danny Graham 

• Like 1

The faster we sell Armstrong the better. He's not going to stay here, we should just get as much as we can from his sale and say thank you and move on. I rather Venky keep the money than giving Tony more money to spend on Boro rejects. He spent 12mil on BB and Gally, he jolly well squeeze the best out of them. He shouldnt be get any more money.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

The faster we sell Armstrong the better. He's not going to stay here, we should just get as much as we can from his sale and say thank you and move on. I rather Venky keep the money than giving Tony more money to spend on Boro rejects. He spent 12mil on BB and Gally, he jolly well squeeze the best out of them. He shouldnt be get any more money.

Guaranteed relegation with this scenario

• Like 1

I've read Rich Sharpe's article twice and can't see anything in it that suggests Southampton have any interest other than they are "said to be in the market" for another forward.

Given Rich Sharpe (not that I particularly blame him) doesn't even have the inside track on what is happening at Rovers, am I supposed to believe he knows who Southampton are looking at? Or rather is this just complete guesswork based on the sort of clubs likely to be interested in a young British player from the Championship?

It remains a source of interest for me that the club has just waved off 10 players yet all the focus and attention is on who we are going to sell Armstrong to.

Just what is the aim here and who is pushing this?

• Like 4

Tip offs from the club on transfer gossip is right up Sharpe and the LTs street, easy copy to fill the sports section in the close season and keeps the relationship between the two parties warm...

... but proper journalism to get to the bottom of a potentially enormous plan with long lasting implications to sell the training ground? Wouldn’t touch it with a barge poll.

‘Local, campaigning journalism for 125 years’, ay?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Not much pace and a one trick pony. Cuts in and shoots. Lad thinks he's a lot better than he is and all the Pompey fans I know would be glad to see him out the door.

That might be sour grapes because he's removed the fact he's a Pompey player from his twitter account and has effectively said he's off. The Pompey media seem to think the club will only sell for the right price. 

Transfer update over Portsmouth assets as Cardiff and Blackburn eye Ronan Curtis with Reading and Derby County linked | The News

But, when it comes to Curtis, Pompey aren’t prepared to take a hit when it comes to selling the former Derry City man when he’s contracted until the summer of 2023.

Just now, JHRover said:

I've read Rich Sharpe's article twice and can't see anything in it that suggests Southampton have any interest other than they are "said to be in the market" for another forward.

Given Rich Sharpe (not that I particularly blame him) doesn't even have the inside track on what is happening at Rovers, am I supposed to believe he knows who Southampton are looking at? Or rather is this just complete guesswork based on the sort of clubs likely to be interested in a young British player from the Championship?

It remains a source of interest for me that the club has just waved off 10 players yet all the focus and attention is on who we are going to sell Armstrong to.

Just what is the aim here and who is pushing this?

Confused by your confusion. The article clearly states:-

However, it remains likely that the 24-year-old will move on this summer, with the Daily Express reporting that Southampton are stepping up their pursuit and are preparing a £15m bid.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Think he will be available for more like £1million. He's not in the good books down in Pompey with his antics off the pitch. On the piss and scrapping same night as missing out on the playoffs. Bit of an attitude on it too.

Pompey friend of mine said the same. Need to avoid him, especially given they'll want upwards of a million that we don't have for him. 

• Like 2

Even if there was any money to spend they'll only spend it on a player who has Mowbray or the right agent connections.

So if no dots join it can be totally ignored however decent he may or may not be.

Freebies and loans are a different matter though.