BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

I'd take him, why not there's probably as many games in him in a season as Evans & Holtby combined.

It would be a positive first step imo.

I can’t remember him standing out in either game last season...but as we know, if all else fails, let’s sign a centre midfielder eh!? 🤣🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I can’t remember him standing out in either game last season...but as we know, if all else fails, let’s sign a centre midfielder eh!? 🤣🤣

To be honest if we get a water carrier who's capable of starting every game and breaking up opposition attacks i'll take it. 

Industrious is the word i'm looking for 😂

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Mowatt any good? 

3A761CB6-88EF-4E1D-9C0D-FA8A9FF2E331.png

Ya, would be a great signing, arguably one of the best of Mowbrays tenure, on paper. Good age, in his prime and peaking still. Fingers crossed it's true 

Mowbray is here so long now, he should know what we wants and we should be ahead of other clubs with our business. Is that reality? Unlikely , unfortunately

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

Barnsley confident they are keeping him.

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2021/june/dane-murphy-update/

Hes on holiday at the moment by the sounds of it, so I don't think he's signing for anyone at the moment.

ON ALEX MOWATT

“We are confident that we can get something done with Alex. 

“He’s currently on holiday but I believe when Alex gets back we’ll sit down with him and his representatives again and the club believes, I believe, Valérien believes that this is the best place for Alex Mowatt.

“He’s our captain, our leader, he provides us goals and assists, he puts in the defensive shift. I don’t see a better place for him and I hope we can get something done there. 

“We know other clubs are interested, but we’ve been speaking to Alex about an extension for the better part of 18 to 20 months. He knows where we stand. We continue to put forward offers that should attract any player. 

“So hopefully, when he sits down and looks at his offers, sees the full scope, he’ll realise this is where he should be and we’ll see him lead out the team again next season.”

22 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Barnsley confident they are keeping him.

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2021/june/dane-murphy-update/

Hes on holiday at the moment by the sounds of it, so I don't think he's signing for anyone at the moment.

ON ALEX MOWATT

“We are confident that we can get something done with Alex. 

“He’s currently on holiday but I believe when Alex gets back we’ll sit down with him and his representatives again and the club believes, I believe, Valérien believes that this is the best place for Alex Mowatt.

“He’s our captain, our leader, he provides us goals and assists, he puts in the defensive shift. I don’t see a better place for him and I hope we can get something done there. 

“We know other clubs are interested, but we’ve been speaking to Alex about an extension for the better part of 18 to 20 months. He knows where we stand. We continue to put forward offers that should attract any player. 

“So hopefully, when he sits down and looks at his offers, sees the full scope, he’ll realise this is where he should be and we’ll see him lead out the team again next season.”

Just reading that statement shows what's missing here even if he doesn't resign for them.

It's bold direct and honest and basically saying why move sideways when you've got everything you want here.

No sob stories, no encouraging bids, no white flags - there's an offer on the table as long as he wants it - if he doesn't get a better one elsewhere type stuff. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Norwich linked with Armstrong 

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/blackburn-rovers-adam-armstrong-transfer-20730613

I would be asking for Jordan Hugill as part of the deal. 

According to that, they only want to pay £10m. 

Gotta be a non starter at our end considering the amount we have to give Newcastle.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

According to that, they only want to pay £10m. 

Gotta be a non starter at our end considering the amount we have to give Newcastle.

Yea I’m not sure what people are smoking to come to that amount.

Wham fans too;

https://westhamfans.org/content/armstrong-saphire-making

I’m sure I’m not the only one who would rather watch him walk away for free (next year) than go for 10m

Edited by JBiz
  • Like 5

I have to say that I’d take a punt on Arma for £20-25m if I were a lower Prem / just promoted club. He’s young, English, scores lots of different types of goals, is quick and rarely injured. I think he’s a cracking option for the clubs linked to play on the left side of a forward 3.  

• Like 3

£10 million does seem a little low, even factoring in his contract situation and weaknesses. Definitely won't be more than £20 though, not a chance unless someone gets daft and desperate. 

If I were looking at this dispassionately from a non Rovers point of view I would say 15 to 16 million is a fair price. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, would be a great signing, arguably one of the best of Mowbrays tenure, on paper. Good age, in his prime and peaking still. Fingers crossed it's true 

Mowbray is here so long now, he should know what we wants and we should be ahead of other clubs with our business. Is that reality? Unlikely , unfortunately

It would be a great signing...but...he seems to be linked with several other clubs....

2 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

It would be a great signing...but...he seems to be linked with several other clubs....

I would be surprised and impressed if we got him or Gould over the line. In fact I find it almost impossible to see in reality. Hope I'm wrong 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would be surprised and impressed if we got him or Gould over the line. In fact I find it almost impossible to see in reality. Hope I'm wrong 

Strange really. Take the last season out of the equation and nobody on here would be interested in signing Mowett.  His stats are average to say the least.

I put it to you that this manager has got a tune out of him where others have managed a bog standard midfielder for the last few years.  Mowbray cannot get a tune out of anyone so if I was him I'd stay at Barnsley. 

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Mowatt any good? 

3A761CB6-88EF-4E1D-9C0D-FA8A9FF2E331.png

Absolutely no chance of him coming here in a month of Sundays. Why would he, hes the captain of an upwardly mobile team who finished 5th, and every time I see them, he looks the part. Either staying at the club hes at now, or playing the market whereby at least top Championship clubs would love him on a free are both far superior options to coming to a club on a downward trajectory. Its unlikely that we could even offer him more money than Barnsley which shows where we are at.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Absolutely no chance of him coming here in a month of Sundays. Why would he, hes the captain of an upwardly mobile team who finished 5th, and every time I see them, he looks the part. Either staying at the club hes at now, or playing the market whereby at least top Championship clubs would love him on a free are both far superior options to coming to a club on a downward trajectory. Its unlikely that we could even offer him more money than Barnsley which shows where we are at.

Sad but very true

• Like 3

"Why would he leave Barnsley for Blackburn Rovers" as a rhetorical (he wouldn't) statement, has got to be another low point realisation of our journey.

Remember when players like Shearer, Jansen, Mccarthy etc would choose us over the Chelsea's and Man Utd's of the world. 

Bauer chose Preston, McGinn chose Villa, Kirpe chose WBA. Mowatt likely to chose Barnsley.

Barnsley, who were in L1 two years ago and survived due to a financial deduction over Wigan last season... are now lightyears more desirable than us?

Sad.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Angry_Pirate said:

"Why would he leave Barnsley for Blackburn Rovers" as a rhetorical (he wouldn't) statement, has got to be another low point realisation of our journey.

Remember when players like Shearer, Jansen, Mccarthy etc would choose us over the Chelsea's and Man Utd's of the world. 

Bauer chose Preston, McGinn chose Villa, Kirpe chose WBA. Mowatt likely to chose Barnsley.

Barnsley, who were in L1 two years ago and survived due to a financial deduction over Wigan last season... are now lightyears more desirable than us?

Sad.

Just because he said it doesn’t make it a factual comment I might add

We have to stop pretending like the days of Jack Walker are forever. Historically a player would choose clubs like Utd over us and they would over the vast majority of clubs internationally 

We don’t know what happened over Bauer but McGinn going to Villa and Kipre to PL Wigan isn’t a sign we are unattractive

They aren’t light years ahead of us and quite frankly I resent a fan of Rovers making such comments but have grown accustomed to such pessimism. That is the sad thing in my eyes.

Whilst aspiring players form a queue to sign and play for Pep ….who, in their right minds ( aspiring or otherwise ) , would have the slightest interest in signing for Mowbray ..

they only need to look at what “ he’s done for “ Nyambe, Rothwell, Travis, Chapman, Davenport, Gallagher, Brererton, Bell, Lenihan, Wharton  ….Tony, the forward thinking manager …who plays to players’ strengths and develops their careers …..Mowett would be great for us ….get the idea he’s a decent bloke too…but , he doesn’t deserve Mowbray.….

Don’t tell me he got Dack and Armstrong right…. Law of averages….I get a golf swing right sometimes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

£10 million does seem a little low, even factoring in his contract situation and weaknesses. Definitely won't be more than £20 though,

Fucking hell, if he goes for 20 quid I'm going to jail for murdering all decision-makers at the club! 😉

• Like 1