BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Confused by your confusion. The article clearly states:-

However, it remains likely that the 24-year-old will move on this summer, with the Daily Express reporting that Southampton are stepping up their pursuit and are preparing a £15m bid.

Don't think the owners will sell him for that. 

Or anything like.

Just now, perthblue02 said:

Probably until three minutes to the end of the transfer window closing, sell for 15million and then for the next week lamenting the fact we could not spend on a replacement. Then for the next couple of months "Keeping our powder dry till January" then when we do not buy anybody "because prices are too expensive".

They've got to pay for Tony's new 10-year contract somehow. 

• Like 1

Looking ahead we have the following out of contract in June 2022.

Armstrong, Lenihan, Kaminski, Brereton, Davenport, Nyambe and Rankin-Costello.

Along with the obligatory five loans we will potentially once again be faced with replacing a significant number of the first team squad. Given the mess we are currently in regarding contracts I have absolutely no faith in anybody at Ewood to address this issue and can see the lot leaving.

Still Patrick Bauer is out of contract then. Mowbray can start chasing him in January 2022 unless his £40k weekly wage demand is still on the table.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Looking ahead we have the following out of contract in June 2022.

Armstrong, Lenihan, Kaminski, Brereton, Davenport, Nyambe and Rankin-Costello.

Along with the obligatory five loans we will potentially once again be faced with replacing a significant number of the first team squad. Given the mess we are currently in regarding contracts I have absolutely no faith in anybody at Ewood to address this issue and can see the lot leaving.

Still Patrick Bauer is out of contract then. Mowbray can start chasing him in January 2022 unless his £40k weekly wage demand is still on the table.

Kaminski has a one-year extension in his. I doubt any of the others do. That's a far scarier loss of value than this summer's already concerning turnover. We best pray they don't need replacing under embargo, or this manager.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Don't think the owners will sell him for that. 

Or anything like.

With only one year left on his contract, I don't think they have a choice.  Armstrong holds all the cards.

IMO, that's all he's worth.

2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Confused by your confusion. The article clearly states:-

However, it remains likely that the 24-year-old will move on this summer, with the Daily Express reporting that Southampton are stepping up their pursuit and are preparing a £15m bid.

I'm confused that you're confused by his confusion. He clearly stated he is confused, don't confuse the issue by being confused by that confusion, it's confusing!

22 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Kaminski has a one-year extension in his. I doubt any of the others do. That's a far scarier loss of value than this summer's already concerning turnover. We best pray they don't need replacing under embargo, or this manager.

Let’s hope the one year option actually exists on paper rather than just in the minds of Mowbray and Waggott like the Chapman one.

• Like 7

That might be sour grapes because he's removed the fact he's a Pompey player from his twitter account and has effectively said he's off. The Pompey media seem to think the club will only sell for the right price. 

Transfer update over Portsmouth assets as Cardiff and Blackburn eye Ronan Curtis with Reading and Derby County linked | The News

But, when it comes to Curtis, Pompey aren’t prepared to take a hit when it comes to selling the former Derry City man when he’s contracted until the summer of 2023.

On paper I'd have taken Madison from Peterborough over this lad.  Similar age/stats.  Madison has done next to nothing at champ level.  Can't imagine this guy will do any better.  Wouldn't go anywhere near unless around the 500k mark.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Personally really like what Iv seen from yates and it’s more about his hold up play and bringing teammates in as much as his goal scoring . A young Danny Graham 

I agree on Yates. I only seen clips on him plus his goals this season until the final. I thought his movement was the most impressive aspect of his game I like

14 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

On paper I'd have taken Madison from Peterborough over this lad.  Similar age/stats.  Madison has done next to nothing at champ level.  Can't imagine this guy will do any better.  Wouldn't go anywhere near unless around the 500k mark.

where is Marcus Maddison playing currently?

• Like 1

That might be sour grapes because he's removed the fact he's a Pompey player from his twitter account and has effectively said he's off. The Pompey media seem to think the club will only sell for the right price.

I don't think it is sour grapes. That's been their tune for a long time. I live in the city and wasn't impressed with the few games I went too prior to covid. 

50 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

You miss out on Bradley Dack's when you say League One Player X failed so League One Player Y would fail too.

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

With only one year left on his contract, I don't think they have a choice.  Armstrong holds all the cards.

I know, but.................

Disagree Armstrong holds all the aces. If the owners say he's going nowhere for c £15 m then that's the end of the matter.

Undoubtedly it would be the pragmatic move to cash in on him this summer.

It would be an even better move to get a proper manager in and offer him a new deal.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

So our AA replacement will be a loan? Oh dear.

Three Club rule.

Must admit if we replaced a £20m plus striker with a 31 year old loanee and one with a poor recent record and a  history of being difficult that would be the last straw for most with this management.

If there's anyone still left in that category.

If still here Mowbray and Waggott would probably do it out of spite and then blame it on not being able to sell Brockhall.

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Three Club rule.

Must admit if we replaced a £20m plus striker with a 31 year old loanee and one with a poor recent record and a  history of being difficult that would be the last straw for most with this management.

If there's anyone still left in that category.

If still here Mowbray and Waggott would probably do it out of spite and then blame it on not being able to sell Brockhall.

Is 31 old now? Taylor is a good player. 

Your last line is just pure nonsese 

It's gonna be difficult on here if every single player we are linked with is run into the ground because of who the manager is 

The pragmatic move would be to give Armstrong a long term new contract extension, protect our asset, build from there and make an assault on promotion.

That is what a serious club would do. That is what Brentford have done with their star men which is why they've made so much money and been able to reinvest substantially in replacements. That is why Mowbray's talk about us copying Brentford is little more than lazy drivel to sound impressive. Actions speak louder than words.

Given we haven't even managed to sort out deals like JRC and various other players who are on a relative pittance by Championship standards I think we can safely say that even if the club is trying to offer him a new deal (and I'm not convinced any serious efforts have been made) we aren't going to get very far for it.

All well and good talking about a wage structure/ceiling but if it is the difference between getting £20 million for Armstrong or £7 million then surely it is a price worth paying to cough up on a wage increase?

There is no other good outcome for Blackburn Rovers from this. The other options - those being keep him until January or next summer or sell him now - are damage limitation options. Best case is we get a reasonable fee for him (not that Rovers will benefit from it).

If anyone at Rovers thinks we are getting £20 million for him with 1 year left on his deal then they need sectioning. This bravado will come to nothing and will achieve nothing other than wasting away precious time and making it even more difficult to source a replacement.

I remain doubtful that a Newcastle or Southampton will be interested. I think it will be a case of Rovers then touting him around various rival Championship clubs who will then exploit our desperation and get him for a pitiful fee.

If the intention is already there to use the loan market for such replacement then I suppose it suits those at the club to leave his departure until the last minute, that way nobody can expect reinvestment of funds and season ticket cash will already be banked.

• Like 3