BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

3 hours ago, JoeH said:

You miss out on Bradley Dack's when you say League One Player X failed so League One Player Y would fail too.

Suppose it is one of them with League 1 players, more often than not, they will fall short in terms of quality, and it is impossible to know whether they will be able to step up because if you compare them to Championship players, you are not doing so on an even keel.

Just an observation.  Why would Yates come to us?  Sure we are a bigger club than Blackpool but at the moment we are a mess due to rank poor management both boardroom and football.  At Blackpool he is working under a first class manager who uses him excellently.  If he came here he is likely to be playing wing back.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 4000Holes said:

Just an observation.  Why would Yates come to us?  Sure we are a bigger club than Blackpool but at the moment we are a mess due to rank poor management both boardroom and football.  At Blackpool he is working under a first class manager who uses him excellently.  If he came here he is likely to be playing wing back.

Money !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4000Holes said:

Blackburn Rovers already know their perfect Armstrong replacement but face transfer obstacles - LancsLive

He sounds like he's happy there. 

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Suppose it is one of them with League 1 players, more often than not, they will fall short in terms of quality, and it is impossible to know whether they will be able to step up because if you compare them to Championship players, you are not doing so on an even keel.

I don't think clubs are comparing League One footballers with Championship footballers. Charlie Kirk was compared with Harry Chapman in this thread and one poster asked what CK has over HC and I think there's plenty of reasons why he's a better option: 100's of senior starts vs a handful of senior starts being the main one. Injuries and consistency being a few more.

You can compare certain things for sure, but I don't think club recruitment departments look at a 20 goal a season League One striker and say, we'll he's as good as Ivan Toney for sure.

5 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if mowbray does`nt get any money from the armstrong transfer,will he decide it`s not  worth carrying on and ask for a mutual termination of his contract🙏,burden,honesty and honourable stuff like that!!!

Not a chance. You are dreaming!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JoeH said:

You miss out on Bradley Dack's when you say League One Player X failed so League One Player Y would fail too.

Not saying there aren't good players out there (hopefully Pickering is one). Difference is Gillingham fans raved about Dack. Crewe fans really rate Pickering.  If his own fans don't rate him (Curtis) he isn't likely to be that good.

38 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I don't think clubs are comparing League One footballers with Championship footballers. Charlie Kirk was compared with Harry Chapman in this thread and one poster asked what CK has over HC and I think there's plenty of reasons why he's a better option: 100's of senior starts vs a handful of senior starts being the main one. Injuries and consistency being a few more.

You can compare certain things for sure, but I don't think club recruitment departments look at a 20 goal a season League One striker and say, we'll he's as good as Ivan Toney for sure.

Cant say ive seen Kirk nor do I put any stock in the data especially as it is against League 1 standards but I do know that Chapman shouldnt be a benchmark for us as a player yet to play very much for whatever reason, although the key difference would be that if he was to be here next season, it wouldnt warrant a fee, and I doubt that we will be spending much if anything.

6 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Not saying there aren't good players out there (hopefully Pickering is one). Difference is Gillingham fans raved about Dack. Crewe fans really rate Pickering.  If his own fans don't rate him (Curtis) he isn't likely to be that good.

There have been a few good examples of this over the years, both at Rovers and elsewhere. Certain players are playing at a lower level then their talents deserve for whatever reason. Jordan Rhodes stepped up from league one and was a success for us and when you look at the step up Jamie  arduous made, that was immense.

I know someone, who played in the same Fleetwood side as Vardy, who said, way before his transfer to Leicester that he was special.

There was another lad I remember, who played at Chorley, when they were way down the pyramid, called Lee Trundle. One of the directors there, told me he would be at least a good league one player and possibly higher, when he was about 18. 

15 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

And you call me for liking players with bad scoring record recently 🤭

Taylor has a far superior record to Fletcher. You can use the internet beyond this site can't you, surely? 

Or do you think not scoring at a higher level is somehow better than actually scoring at a lower level? Wouldnt put it passed you! 

16 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Four goals in 39 suggests otherwise.

Hasn't worked out at Forrest. He had a good record before that and looked good to me whenever I watched him. If I recall at the time a lot of clubs were after him when Forrest signed him. 

I'd say the link is made up anyway. The website looked a bit dodgy and it had the 3 club rule. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Unless they've just fallen out with him because of his behaviour (the drunken scrapping, removing that he was a Pompey player from his social media) and/or resigned themselves to him leaving a while ago so are lowering him to make themselves feel better about him going. I've seen that clearly happen with some of our fans at times.

I'm not optimistic about Curtis from what I've seen and heard though.

• Like 1

Discussions about whether a player is good based off "some" fans views is ultimately pointless. You have to see the player yourself and make that call. Some players suit some systems better. I haven't been impressed by the albeit limited amount I have seen Curtis play for ireland, but Messi would probably struggle to look good there at the moment. His goal contributions show he is productive anyway and that can't be taken away from him. I haven't heard anything about a bad attitude either. He actually plays on the wing though, which is good. He's an upgrade on Chapman no doubt. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

48 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Discussions about whether a player is good based off "some" fans views is ultimately pointless. You have to see the player yourself and make that call. Some players suit some systems better. I haven't been impressed by the albeit limited amount I have seen Curtis play for ireland, but Messi would probably struggle to look good there at the moment. His goal contributions show he is productive anyway and that can't be taken away from him. I haven't heard anything about a bad attitude either. He actually plays on the wing though, which is good. He's an upgrade on Chapman no doubt. 

You only have to look on here for that. To some Brereton will never be good enough in their eyes (can't look past the transfer fee I guess) and is a bumbling idiot. To others he's been one of our best players in 2020/21.

Likewise to others Armstrong is the Messiah.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

You only have to look on here for that. To some Brereton will never be good enough in their eyes (can't look past the transfer fee I guess) and is a bumbling idiot. To others he's been one of our best players in 2020/21.

Likewise to others Armstrong is the Messiah.

I think Armstrong is deadly and will score goals at a higher level. Just that his play at times last year in individual games was detrimental to the overall team performance. Some see that as saying he's "shit" 

So ya, I wouldn't go off forums as my barometer as to whether a player is any good. You need to watch them yourself and then make that assesment. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel