BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well they played Cardiff away on Wednesday and home to Boro on Saturday. Both live on Sky 

Fulham away next, I think you mean, which is tough. One win in the last nine by all accounts.

• Like 1

On 13/10/2021 at 10:56, chaddyrovers said:

great shame for the PNE club and fans. 

I don't know if the Hemmings family are big football fans or not but I hope they keep ownership of the club

From what I have heard Trevor wasn't a great fan of football but his son is. Maybe PNE will be on the up from now on.

It’s 7 games without a win with 6 draws and one defeat in September and October after beating Peterborough and Swansea at the end of August.

Trevor Hemings was only really interested in horse racing, although clearly he has provided plenty of funding for PNE nonetheless.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Does anyone get filming matches on their phones? Drives me mad!

I can't understand why people do it, I'm very much of the opinion that I'm there for myself, there for the moment, I'm the same with concerts. I get a couple of pictures of the ground if it's a new one for me but other than that my phone stays in my pocket unless I'm checking scores if there's a stoppage or whatever.

There's a couple of other things for me too - firstly, it goes nowhere near recreating the atmosphere / circumstances that it takes place in - I've just watched that video sat as my (WFH!) desk, a day later, with no connection to any of the teams involved; to that extent it's utterly meaningless really. Secondly, who actually watches stuff like that back? In all my years following Rovers I have maybe looked back at footage from 1995, Cardiff, and random odds and ends that pop into my head - Andy Todd booting Christophe Duggary for example. I'd go as far as to say I'm not actually interested about watching highlights from inconsequential matches more than a game after they happen.

Still, probably got a couple of social media likes, so it's all grand.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes people want personal memories or being there and can watched them when they want from their own view

Personal memories of a midweek match of Bristol City v Nottingham Forest, hardly one to show the grandkids!

I just find it bizarre. You spend all that money, perhaps take 2 days off work to travel away in the cold to watch your team who get a late equaliser and winner (a rarity for any team) and rather than really enjoying it, you are watching it through a small screen.

• Like 3

In other news in the Championship

West Brom can be beaten even though they have parachute cash

We were lucky to play Swansea when we did as they are turning a corner. Same for Forest.

Preston don't throw a lead away against Coventry and don't settle for a point against them because they've had a good start to the season.

• Like 4