BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

On 21/09/2021 at 23:47, roversfan99 said:

The young talent we have contracted into next season are Wharton, Buckley, Dolan, Rankin Costello, Pickering, Edun and Carter. Some potentially useful players but im not sure how much excitement that crop gives me. Travis is the stand out and even he only has 18 months left and probably wouldnt generate a major fee.

Grim reading. Buckley has something, if it clicks with him he can be a good player.

Dolan clearly has something, he is playing very safe at moment and needs to back himself and unleash a bit. 

Rest of those you mention, can’t see any of them breaking out as a first name on team sheet, Travis excluded obviously.

I'm pleased to see Coventry doing well. Whenever Coventry are mentioned I think back to the days of Huckerby, Whelan, Dublin, Chippo and Hadji. They've had it bad for so long, it would be great to see them make it back to the Premier League.

It's no surprise that they've kicked on after getting rid of the chumps that were holding them back. A move that desperately needs to be made at our place.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, roverandout said:

Coventry don't need a slow build up. They have a manager who is ambitious enough to take them up having only spent 2 seasons in the championship.  Makes mowbray's bullshit all the more galling

How long before we hear 'we need to look to follow the model of clubs like Coventry' with no hint of irony?

• Like 8

6 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

I'm pleased to see Coventry doing well. Whenever Coventry are mentioned I think back to the days of Huckerby, Whelan, Dublin, Chippo and Hadji. They've had it bad for so long, it would be great to see them make it back to the Premier League.

It's no surprise that they've kicked on after getting rid of the chumps that were holding them back. A move that desperately needs to be made at our place.

No Micky Quinn on that list? 😮

33 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

He was just slightly before my football viewing time. I wasn't old enough to remember the first two seasons of the Prem, so he didn't come to mind.

There was good ole Peter Ndlovu too. I was too young to know him as anything more than their star player in the panini album though!

What I do have a slight memory of is the year before we won the league. It was a bit like a mini reverse of the day at Anfield the next year. Coventry away was the last game in which we still had a mathematical chance of winning the league, albeit slim. I think it was my first ever away game and I recall a ridiculous roundabout on the way in. We lost the game and some of the Cov fans were commiserating us on the way out. They were happy enough to win but seemed to prefer us to win the league rather than Manure.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

There was good ole Peter Ndlovu too. I was too young to know him as anything more than their star player in the panini album though!

What I do have a slight memory of is the year before we won the league. It was a bit like a mini reverse of the day at Anfield the next year. Coventry away was the last game in which we still had a mathematical chance of winning the league, albeit slim. I think it was my first ever away game and I recall a ridiculous roundabout on the way in. We lost the game and some of the Cov fans were commiserating us on the way out. They were happy enough to win but seemed to prefer us to win the league rather than Manure.

Ah yeah, I forgot about Peter Ndlovu. He scored at Ewood in a game where Shearer got a hat-trick, the season after we won the title. I used to collect the Merlin sticker albums back then too so would become aware of some players through that.

I remember Huckerby always being a danger due to his pace. There was a season where we lost 5-0 at their place, with me getting more and more wound up with every refresh of the Ceefax page 😁.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Ah yeah, I forgot about Peter Ndlovu. He scored at Ewood in a game where Shearer got a hat-trick, the season after we won the title. I used to collect the Merlin sticker albums back then too so would become aware of some players through that.

I remember Huckerby always being a danger due to his pace. There was a season where we lost 5-0 at their place, with me getting more and more wound up with every refresh of the Ceefax page 😁.

Was that the match were the pitch was half covered in snow and it turned out Lars Bohinen was colourblind and couldn’t see the red ball when it was on the green areas of the pitch? I think Sutton played as CB that day too? 

I loved the away kit that season, but I don’t think we won many games wearing it! 

6 hours ago, Dan said:

Was that the match were the pitch was half covered in snow and it turned out Lars Bohinen was colourblind and couldn’t see the red ball when it was on the green areas of the pitch? I think Sutton played as CB that day too? 

I loved the away kit that season, but I don’t think we won many games wearing it! 

Yeah, that's the one. Bohinen found it difficult to see the ball.

I think that was also the kit we had when the fight broke out between Batty and Le Saux on the pitch in Moscow.

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Strange angle to take. To be honest, I doubt he cares. More focused on our excellent start to the season

Course he does. Makes his low build with billionaire owners, buying 12 million strikers, look flimsy at best