BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

• Backroom
12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Think they need some pace in their team u0p front and it would help Moore up front. 

Can Cardiff get a better manager in with the budget they have? not so sure by that

I have no idea what their budget is tbh. They need to work out how to stop losing pretty quickly though, or they will be in serious trouble. 

1 hour ago, DE. said:

I have no idea what their budget is tbh. They need to work out how to stop losing pretty quickly though, or they will be in serious trouble. 

Agree there but he's not had the biggest budget in the summer. Think they need a pacey striker or different type of striker to be honest

Another missed opportunity. We could have gone 3rd (4th after wed night games) if we'd beaten a very average huddersfield side. Very frustrating although I guess that's your lot with TM.

Agree with Chaddy on that one, outside of wba, fulham and bournemouth it's anyone's game. All the rest of us are much of a muchness.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Agree with Chaddy on that one, outside of wba, fulham and bournemouth it's anyone's game. All the rest of us are much of a muchness.

Luton beating 3rd place Coventry 5 nil. No-one would have predicted that. 

After those 3 teams, there is 12 to 14 teams who have similar quality and can beat each other. Rovers are one of those teams

Edited by chaddyrovers

I could have predicted it. Coventry have started well but they will drop away. Just a case of teams figuring them out as they've just come up. 

Agree that this is a very poor quality division this season. That just makes it so much more frustrating that we didn't do good business in the window. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JacknOry said:

I could have predicted it. Coventry have started well but they will drop away. Just a case of teams figuring them out as they've just come up. 

Agree that this is a very poor quality division this season. That just makes it so much more frustrating that we didn't do good business in the window. 

They were in this league last season though to be fair.

• Like 1

Good win for Stoke tonight.

Up to third just a point behind first and second.

O'Neill joined Stoke less than 2 years ago when bottom of Championship.

Oh for a manager who knows what the feck he's doing.

5 years of Mowbray @chaddyrovers and where the feck are we on his 'journey'?!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 7

56 minutes ago, Mercer said:

O'Neill has done a good job there and they deserved their win. 

Always liked O'Neill has Northern Ireland manager. Achieved some good results there. 

Why mention Mowbray to me? 

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

This is baiting for the sake of it. No need for that, it wasn't even in a reply to a post of his. Chaddy is a Rovers fan just like everyone else and is entitled to his opinion, I don't see him intentionally riling others.

You might find him annoying, but it seems many find your posts annoying too, so why not live and let live?

• Like 6

On 30/09/2021 at 15:11, JHRover said:

Because I think Tuesday was shambolic and it annoys me the number of people putting it down to luck, misfortune or not getting the rub of the green. We got an injury to our RB. Unfortunate but not unexpected given his history. To not have a replacement available and to then have to change the entire team around after 20 minutes to cover for it is just typical Mowbray Rovers. Self inflicted problems and making something that should be simple into confusion and something elaborate.

Nowt to do with luck. Its poor recruitment and management biting us in the backside.

Good post. As soon as something doesn't go our way, Mowbray overreacts. He can't help himself. We'd been generally playing well this season, so why randomly change formation?

He changed formation against Luton and it cost us two points. We should have picked up a point at Huddersfield. We'd be near the automatic promotion places now. People have been talking about Venus holding the reins now, well...if that's so, then he's certainly not in charge of in-game substitutions and random formation changes!

Let's enjoy the playoffs while we can, who's confident we'll be there for much longer?

5 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

This is baiting for the sake of it. No need for that, it wasn't even in a reply to a post of his. Chaddy is a Rovers fan just like everyone else and is entitled to his opinion, I don't see him intentionally riling others.

You might find him annoying, but it seems many find your posts annoying too, so why not live and let live?

This is not " baiting for the sake of it".

There are some, including Chaddy, who I think change their opinions about Mowbray like the wind.  Chaddy was immensely pro Mowbray until the latter games of last season and then thought Mowbray had to go, now he seems happy with Mowbray  mainly, it would seem, due to a decent start (result wise) to the season. You don't see Chaddy intentionally riling others.......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The main purpose of my post was to point out what a half decent manager can do to a club in a fraction of the time Mowbray has had.  After less than two years there, O'Neill has Stoke on the move in the right direction and I would bet the house on Stoke finishing far higher than Rovers in the Championship.  IMO, this is in stark contrast to what I consider is Mowbray's five wasted years in charge.

If you or others find me annoying then simply put me on ignore.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

This is not " baiting for the sake of it".

There are some, including Chaddy, who I think change their opinions about Mowbray like the wind.  Chaddy was immensely pro Mowbray until the latter games of last season and then thought Mowbray had to go, now he seems happy with Mowbray  mainly, it would seem, due to a decent start (result wise) to the season. You don't see Chaddy intentionally riling others.......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The main purpose of my post was to point out what a half decent manager can do to a club in a fraction of the time Mowbray has had.  After less than two years there, O'Neill has Stoke on the move in the right direction and I would bet the house on Stoke finishing far higher than Rovers in the Championship.  IMO, this is in stark contrast to what I consider is Mowbray's five wasted years in charge.

If you or others find me annoying then simply put me on ignore.

We'll agree to disagree then about the baiting aspect. Nothing wrong with the first four lines of your post, it was a good argument well made. In fact, I usually like you posts (not that opinions are important at the end of the day, we've all got 'em). I've no idea why you had to then bring Chaddy into it. And no, I don't see Chaddy intentionally riling others. I see him giving his opinion, which most on here routinely disagree with. I generally disagree with his stance, but how does he rile others because he holds that (usually VERY pro-club) stance?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRoversReturn said:

And no, I don't see Chaddy intentionally riling others

He has and he still does sometimes. I may be wrong (I may be on ignore) but he’s calmed down a lot.

Chaddys problem is his reputation precedes him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

I've no idea why you had to then bring Chaddy into it. And no, I don't see Chaddy intentionally riling others

It's a daily occurance. You shouldn't go on the politics thread mate.......

Robins doing a good job.

Edited by Sparks Rover