BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

West Brom Preview

16 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

I remember Kalinic scored a double against West Brom under Kean and I thought he would be great for us, shame it didn't happen here but he did well elsewhere

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/9308862.stm

That twohat then dropped him i seem to recall and blamed it on the red card incident. Nothing to do with the agency trying to sell him then getting a few bites.

Percentages spelled the end of Nico.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

Anything more than a defeat and I'll be chuffed... WBA have stepped up a level, mainly because of their manager, who we should have snapped up at Christmas last year.. he sets his teams up to play the pressing game and with significantly better players than he had at Barnsley he is going to walk this league.. 

From our perspective, we are clearly desperate for a striker would look at putting Diaz central and Dolan / Butterworth left.. sorry don't agree with Gallagher being central, he's just not good enough unless he's part of a duo, which no one really plays any more 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TruRover said:

Kaminski 

Nymabe/Pike Carter Ayala Lenihan Pickering

Buckley Travis Rothwell 

Diaz Gally

Wear Brom play at 100mph and rely on a high intensity press to force errors and create chances. We can best counter that by going direct and bypassing their press, and with Gally and Diaz up top we have the physicality and power to not only hold up the ball but also to hit Brom on the counter. 

There is no doubt that for long parts of this game we are going to have our backs up against the wall, but we have the defensive unit to stand up to that, especially with 5 at the back. Having said that we could really do with Nymabe being fit.

If we can stay in this game then we can throw Dolan and Chapman on for the final 20/30, who will hopefully take advantage of tired legs. 

This is a free hit for us considering our recent form and West Brom’s rightly so favourites tag, so am looking forward to it without much pressure. As always though am optimistic that we can get at least a point, maybe even 3. 

Agree we should switch around and start 352 for this one. Can go to 433 or 4231 if we need to change up later.

Only issue for me is RWB. Nyambe lacks the delivery and may be injured, Pike is totally untested. Shame JRC is injured.

We could play Travis or Buckley there and give Clarkson a start in midfield? Buckley has shown an ability to carry the ball forward and a tenacity in the tackle which suggests to me he could fill in at RWB quite well.

• Backroom
3 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

I remember Kalinic scored a double against West Brom under Kean and I thought he would be great for us, shame it didn't happen here but he did well elsewhere

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/9308862.stm

I'm getting mixed up with that then. I'm sure Andrews scored a belting daisycutter on the volley. Must've been another game.

May well come back to bite me in the backside this but I think people are giving them far more praise than they deserve. Sure they're scoring a few but they've also conceded 2 in 2 of their games too, their defence doesn't amaze me although I rate the keeper highly. 

It's a bloody shame we won't have a decent crowd on at them prices, already seeing the difference this season that fans are making in helping influence games.

I'm going for a 2-2 here, we need some big games from our midfielders or Mowatt will end up bossing it, but I have faith. 

I think he'll pick the same team barring injuries, I'd like to see Chappers giving a bit longer though and maybe a run out for Clarkson.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stuart said:

Proper match preview. Feels a bit like the old days.

If we keep this up we’ll have them up the day after the previous game soon!

Shall we sign you up for Boro?

Our lads must be feeling fairly confident, playing a promotion probable, this early in the season, anything can happen. 

Defending has not been poor, as it started out last season in such a mess. For me, 1-1 would be a fantastic result; however, I am expecting 1-2. 

COYB!! 

32 minutes ago, J*B said:

If anyone has a spare ticket in the Riverside please let me know - I know I could buy one, but I resent paying £32 out of principle. 

Put your hand in your pocket. Are you boycotting the Rovers or just too tight fisted to pay to watch them?

38 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Put your hand in your pocket. Are you boycotting the Rovers or just too tight fisted to pay to watch them?

I’m boycotting paying £32 plus a £3 Swag tax if that’s an answer? Unfortunately I’ve backed myself into such a corner complaining about it that I’d look terrible if I then paid it!

• Like 3

• Backroom
7 hours ago, Stuart said:

Proper match preview. Feels a bit like the old days.

If we keep this up we’ll have them up the day after the previous game soon!

Go on Stu, can I twist your arm on one?

59 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m boycotting paying £32 plus a £3 Swag tax if that’s an answer? Unfortunately I’ve backed myself into such a corner complaining about it that I’d look terrible if I then paid it!

Pay it, better still buy a season ticket and come over from the dark side. I don’t agree with the three stooges but Rovers are my life and I’ll not give them up.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Pay it, better still buy a season ticket and come over from the dark side. I don’t agree with the three stooges but Rovers are my life and I’ll not give them up.

Oh we’ve got a ST. We just need an extra. 

16 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Great preview, Mike E!

Having watched the first three matches on TV, I will miss out on this one. Don't think their team looks too intimidating. Hopefully Ayala, Rothwell and Nyambe will be fit for this one, but I fear at least one of them will miss out. Clarkson from off the bench to score a screamer in the 85th to win it?

Furlong's long throw missiles intimidated me, and I was only seeing them on my PC monitor!

If we concede throw ins Ayala and Kaminski will earn their corn plus Lenihan, BB and Gallagher as we would need all height at the back to defend them.

This game is our first major test.

8 hours ago, J*B said:

Swag tax is no more! Aren’t we lucky! Bargains to be had.

Noticed this on the West Brom ticket page…

‘Supporters can purchase their tickets by clicking here, by visiting the Ticket Office in person or by calling 01254 372000.

Fans should note that Under-12 tickets must have an accompanying adult.

Supporters are reminded that purchasing a Season Ticket represents a significant saving against equivalent matchday ticket prices.’

On top of trying to rip off away fans, an obvious tactic to price out fans from match tickets and get folk to buy STs instead. Risky approach as plenty just can’t commit to a ST, so will buy neither.

Edited by Mattyblue

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Furlong's long throw missiles intimidated me, and I was only seeing them on my PC monitor!

If we concede throw ins Ayala and Kaminski will earn their corn plus Lenihan, BB and Gallagher as we would need all height at the back to defend them.

This game is our first major test.

I suspect Carter might get a game even if Nyambe is fit so we have another big lad to deal with the throw ins.

Think it was the early eighties. Most blatant penalty not given. Think it was Miller scythed down in the  box!

West Midlands police at their worst as I remember. Know we're at home on Sat 1-1.

The long throw is a great tactic. Stoke got numerous goals a season off it when Rory Delap was there and they were in the PL. Pity we don't try similar

On semi related note I have heard from city supporting mates we are in for Tommy Doyle and Liam Delap on a double loan deal 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

Same team as forest for me with Gallagher central and chapman wide. If we can take a lead and hold it bring Dolan on centrally to close them down and try and keep them on the back foot. Can’t remember saying this for ages but really excited for tomorrow’s game. COYB

• Like 1

Todays Blackburn Rovers simply can't compete with the likes of the West Brom and Fulham's of this world, clubs awash with Premiership money and much better players. We along with the rest of the Championship are fighting it out every season for a couple of play off places, thats the reality in my opinion.

I don't like tipping us to lose, we've had a great start to the season, confidence is high and the managers on a roll.

1-1 being optimistic - @Sparks Rover may for once get closer to the real result.

• Like 2