BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Middlesbrough away 28th August

6 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Anyone have an eye on the bench. Is TM running the show or are there signs that subs are chosen by Venus/Lowe for example?

I ask because I have never seen TM this active on touchline but also we are playing more "pragmatic" football with some (far from all) sensible decisions and a better allround spirit (tbh think part of that linked to the return of fans)

Mowbray has (again) changed our style of play. From his nonsense possession based play we seem to move the ball forward a lot quicker which suits more of the players we have. Last season we were well in front on the possession stats but this season not so and in my view we seem to be a lot more physical.

I think this adds credence to the view that last season was wasted given the players we had and the style of play Mowbray imposed on them.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Roverthechimp said:

Anyone have an eye on the bench. Is TM running the show or are there signs that subs are chosen by Venus/Lowe for example?

I ask because I have never seen TM this active on touchline but also we are playing more "pragmatic" football with some (far from all) sensible decisions and a better allround spirit (tbh think part of that linked to the return of fans)

Mowbray has dropped his possession based style now. We definitely don't have the players for it. We need to strong at back and play on the counter attack for me. 

Why do you think Venus picks the subs? Cos we change the style? 

From the games I attend it's Mowbray decide who we bring on but talks about it Venus first. Like most football managers do. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray has dropped his possession based style now. We definitely don't have the players for it. We need to strong at back and play on the counter attack for me. 

You were advocating playing the possession game when Mowbray was, now he's playing a different style you agree with that too....🤷‍♂️

Are.you sure you want him out because most of your posts are in support.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Was Howson offside?

I didn't think so. Travis naively tried to step up to play him offside and got it wrong. It seemed that is what Lenihan and Ayala thought too as they appeared to be bollocking him.

• Like 1

• Backroom

A few have said we would have lost that last season. 

Didn’t we win a very similar game there last season, we were well under the cosh the whole game, rode our luck (Big Bad Branthwaite with the most blatant red card) and then Rothwell got the winner

Hope it is a sign of a more robust team long term though 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Typical of Warnock throwing his toys of his pram again over Morsy sending off. 

Think Carter's sending off is harsh. Not intention trying to hurt the player but to play the ball. 

Gallagher's goal is a good strike by him. Play him up front

To be fair to Warnock the ref was awful, Boro should have had a pen in the first half and also as much as Morsy is a dirty bastard his red was soft, Carters second yellow was harsh as well. 

Gallagher played really well yesterday through the middle, give him a run of games there and let his confidence grow, I hope it’s the last we’ve seen of him on the wing but I doubt it! 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Tom said:

A few have said we would have lost that last season. 

Didn’t we win a very similar game there last season, we were well under the cosh the whole game, rode our luck (Big Bad Branthwaite with the most blatant red card) and then Rothwell got the winner

Hope it is a sign of a more robust team long term though 

I think the game where we were obviously second best was the match at Ewood, where we escaped with a 0-0. I remember the away game being a tight match which we arguably shaded (whilst getting a big slice of luck with Branthwaite, obviously!). 

14 minutes ago, Butty said:

To be fair to Warnock the ref was awful, Boro should have had a pen in the first half and also as much as Morsy is a dirty bastard his red was soft, Carters second yellow was harsh as well. 

Gallagher played really well yesterday through the middle, give him a run of games there and let his confidence grow, I hope it’s the last we’ve seen of him on the wing but I doubt it! 

I thought both red cards were harsh but that’s modern football for you.

• Like 4

I don't think he's quite given up on his possession based nonsense just yet.

From the LT:

“Ayala was immense, that’s why he’s here, yet it does give us a conundrum of if we want to be more ball possession orientated that’s very difficult with Daniel doing what he does.

I agree on Nyambie being a miss in a game like that his physical presence is just what you need. Some are quick to point out when they feel we don't need him but over a season he'd be a big miss.

I think he'll look even better this season because we are sitting back a bit a digging in. Would suit his abilities better than keep trying to make him into this flying wing back he really isn't and leaving gaping spaces. As well as wasting Gallagher defending in front of him instead of doing what he's capable of up top.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

From the LT:

“Ayala was immense, that’s why he’s here, yet it does give us a conundrum of if we want to be more ball possession orientated that’s very difficult with Daniel doing what he does.

He said similar last season so it just again begs the question why sign him.

Even bigger question WHY change if he's playing to his strengths and being immense ?

Bloody tinkermen don't they just boil your piss it really is Mowbryas default position. He might actually be a good manager if he ironed it out but it's too late now. Same last season after a few good results he went back to implementing the possession crap which resulted in 2 wins in 17.

Why can't he just tap into what he has now and for once build on a defensively resolute side. Strengthen it if possible but leave the basics alone instead of trying to be the Aldi version of Pep.

There are no extra pats on the back for fighting a relegation battle with continental formations.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

What a superb strike from Gallagher, thats what the lads capable of, we need to see more of it, confidence is the key, oh yes and playing him in the right position Tony.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 6

Watched the highlights. 

Dont think either of the sending offs were correct. Morseys looked really harsh and I don't like the guy. Was that a second yellow? Either way, looked harsh. The standard of refereeing is abysmal. If you're a class team it doesn't matter, but with so little between so many of the teams, these terrible decisions can be season defining. It's seems they don't have to answer to anybody for their bad work performances, where else would you get it apart from Blackburn rovers manager 😆 but seriously, these refs are ruining so many games with stupid decisions. There are one or two good ones, but there are way more bad ones. 

What a strike by Gallagher, more please. He's got a foot like a traction engine! 

Their goal ,what was actually going on? How did he get such a free run? Who was marking him? If Ayala goes up, one of the forwards needs to drop back. It was a brutally soft goal to concede. Honestly it's like a goal you would see scored in under 10s football. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Mowbray has (again) changed our style of play. From his nonsense possession based play we seem to move the ball forward a lot quicker which suits more of the players we have. Last season we were well in front on the possession stats but this season not so and in my view we seem to be a lot more physical.

I think this adds credence to the view that last season was wasted given the players we had and the style of play Mowbray imposed on them.

That is what is making me wonder - why (how) has he suddenly become pragmatic overall (though it is balanced out by the false 9 b******)

Just wondered if there had been a shift in the balance of power but equally TM is doing the same as players who suddenly step when the end of their contract is in sight... 

• Like 1

Good point that I missed due to other commitments.

Nevermind the Club posted nothing and will post nothing of highlights or replay on RoversTV but did go to the trouble of putting 1.51 mins highlights on YouTube.

God bless them.

I assume those are free from the EFL. Good one Maggott.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

That is what is making me wonder - why (how) has he suddenly become pragmatic overall (though it is balanced out by the false 9 b******)

Just wondered if there had been a shift in the balance of power but equally TM is doing the same as players who suddenly step when the end of their contract is in sight... 

Hasn't he admitted that he doesn't have the players for this possession based football recently to Sharpe or Crooke? I'm sure I've seen tweeted from them saying this.

14 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Doesn't matter on what people think players will bring. TM utilizes them wrong. The Columbian is as much  false nine as Dolan is (actually Dolan is better), we aint Barcelona. Name another side in this division that plays 5ft wingers up front and 6ft strikers on the wing.

TM has to go.

Poveda didn’t play as a false 9… we played a 4-2-3-1 with Gallagher through the middle.

2 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

From the LT:

Oh dear.

• Like 2