BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Middlesbrough away 28th August

Decent point in the end. Sounds like it was another battling display. We stood up well to the pressure at times, which is good to hear. Gallagher seems to have had a good game in his proper position. Disappointed with the defending for their goal as it was described as 'schoolboy' on Radio Lancs, but a draw is probably a fair result.

5 minutes ago, neophox said:

Said not long ago. NYAMBE is a mystery.. 

Somebody said once he turns a certain age, we don't get compo for him if he signs somewhere else once his contract runs out. Surely that means we're actively trying to sell him off?

I found a stream and watched the game. We started okay and I’d say it was pretty even when we went in front, then it was all boro till the end of the first half and they were in the ascendency for the majority of the second half. We were sat back so deep just inviting them on. They probably could have had a pen as well, there attacker looked like he was getting his shirt pulled from a Boro corner towards the end of the first half 

The sendings off killed the momentum of the game and it turned into a scrappy affair, they were the better team for sure but we fought on without creating much and could have nicked it at the end when Gally got past there defender and squared it for Diaz who’s shot was probably going in but for a great block from there defender.

Kaminski didn’t have his best game, palmed a lot of shots back out and looked shaky at times. Poveda looked decent when he got on the ball which admittedly didn’t happen that much. Our motm today Ayala or Gally for me. Great point given how the game went. Lady Luck on our side at the minute. Also Travis pulling there player down to stop the break in the last couple of minutes was vintage stuff, I’ve enjoyed seeing Warnock losing his shit on the touchline for the majority of the game. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Take the point and move on. Not our best performance and the two loanies looked like boys playing a mans game. They make Dolan look like a big boy today. Getting Naymbe and JRC back after the break is a must. Maglore and Carter don’t have the pace or quickness out there. 

has to be better, but if you play poor and get a point when you could have lost by 3 or 4…I’ll take it 

Magloire is quicker than Mbappe - or that is what was once said.

• Like 4

What we're really missing is an option upfront from the bench. 

Dolan doesn't have an end product (although he provides tremendous energy) and he's also 5'6". You either need tremendous pace or tremendous physicality coming off the bench to change the game - we have neither. 

Middle part of the game was embarrassing to watch…..they strolled up to our box with ease….time and again.

Brereton was poor and made nothing of his 3 chances, Travis was the worst I’ve seen him….poor passing throughout.

God knows how many were at fault for their goal…..total shambles. Apart from that Ayala was a rock…..playing a captain’s role. 
Buckley made a difference when he came on; playing 2 delightful balls just after he arrived. Dolan was awful….dispossessed time and again as he ran himself into trouble.

Both reds were soft I thought.

• Like 1

Cant argue with the character but quality wise we are sorely lacking and strange tactics only make it worse. Just have to take the point and move on, decent result for a poor performance.

Poveda and Clarkson were totally out of their depth, boys in a mans game. Brereton as bad as he has ever been, Rothwell also anonymous in that first half and Travis was really off colour.

Gallagher was mixed, superb goal and one or two strong runs but too often easily surrendered the ball with flimsy hold up play. 

Ayala and Lenihan the stand outs, forced to defend so much and still to get a clean sheet but our best 2 players this season.

Carter showed his inexperience and cant complain about the red. Kaminski not as assured as he usually is.

A lot’s been said here that I mainly agree with. Poor showing.

The thing that stood out today was how poor we were with the ball at our feet in transition. Lots of players with their heads down. Notable exceptions were Buckley generally and one pass in particular, plus a few other moments. Ball control and distribution looks really poor at the minute. The mind boggles at what Professor Mowbray is teaching them in the week.

Saw most of the game, very happy with a point as we were over-run for large parts of it. The lad Jones on the left for Boro looks a special talent.

The two loanees Clarkson and Poveda were terrible, completely anonymous. Buckley and Dolan did well when they came on.

Gallagher decent for once, thought Brereton was very poor indeed today.

Carter was slightly unlucky to be sent off, another ref might have let his boot in the face go as it was clearly accidental and not as bad as the one from Branthwaite at the same ground last year, but you couldn't really complain about it being a second yellow. He needed to be more careful being already on a card.

I'm no fan of Morsy and that's an understatement, think he's a thug, but in this particular instance, thought he was even more unlucky than Carter as it was more a case of Magloire running into him.

The two red cards took the steam out of Boro's dominance and it was fairly thrilling end to end stuff for the last few mins.

Good point but at the risk of stating the bleeding obvious we have major problems.

• Like 1

Battered for large spells of the game, one of the most lightweight midfield performances I can remember, can’t remember their keeper making a save, putting more than two passes together looked like a toddler attempting trigonometry, red card for Carter…..but….we escaped with a point. We desperately need some steel and height in that midfield. I’m reserving judgement on Clarkson as his first two games have come against two of the most physical teams in the division…he’s going to have to adapt to that but it wasn’t his game again today. Ayala, Gallagher and Dolan leave with credit, the rest need to put it behind them and move on to Luton 

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Their best player is their tricky, quick left winger. We had 2 right backs play yesterday for the U23s - Pike and JRC.

Carter is on a yellow card and is in big trouble. He can’t touch their left winger and everything is going through him. We don’t have a right back or centre back option on the bench to replace him with. Total stupidity.

Meanwhile, I’m meant to believe that Nyambe has a niggle that’s kept him out for three weeks. 

JRC is not a full-back. I agree with everything else.

As with the Millwall game, whilst we struggled for long periods we didn't give away too much in the way of chances. Makes the goal that we did give away all the more frustrating, but we definitely can't complain with the result. 

Good point under the circumstances, but we need to improve dramatically with the ball. Bit of a baptism of fire for young Clarkson, which hopefully he'll learn from. Nice to see Buckley do well when he came on.

• Like 1

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Graham would be a good addition to coaching team I feel and to have around the squad 

He’s said he wants to go into the agency side of things rather than coaching, shame though as I do agree with you. Although from all the interviews I’ve seen of him I don’t think he’s a massive fan of Mowbray.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

strange tactics

Can you explain what they were please? 

Was Graham wrong when he said at start of the game Gallagher was up front? 

I know later in the game Mowbray moved Gallagher wide right with Dolan centre later in the game when Graham said was wrong and I agree. You do aswell I think? 

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Gallagher was mixed, superb goal and one or two strong runs but too often easily surrendered the ball with flimsy hold up play. 

Maybe he played up front more he would score alot more. 

Graham said he was good today. 

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Graham would be a good addition to coaching team I feel and to have around the squad 

Agreed. I think he past on the experience to younger strikers. Maybe he might become one. 

Don't think he's a big fan of some of Mowbray's coaching methods at times. But they did get on and he got Graham playing at his best for our club. Those 2 seasons where he and Dack partnership was so good

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Us’

Good lad, DG.

Agree. He seems to have a real bond with our club and is now a Rovers fan  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, El Tombro said:

Interesting that he said that the Sam Morsy sending off was a straight red all day long. I didn't see Morsy protest too much so it must have been worse close up than it looked.

I'm curious about the "Mogloire is pony" comments. Is he? He was good and gave our defence extra leverage. Something had to change, and something tells me that this unglamorous substitution salvaged a point for us.

Well done Rovers. A respectable point and I can enjoy the rest of the evening. 🍻

Actually thought it was slightly harsh but then he has a nasty little bugger who deserves that for all the times he should’ve been sent off against us. Clearly doesn’t like us