BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (h) 11/9/21

Just now, El Tombro said:

Gallagher has been playing down the middle, as most ask for. He's shown today that he doesn't have the brain of a lone striker to hold up the ball, play it through to on-runners, or finish simple chances. I really think he's the main culprit for us not bagging three points here.

Dolan and Pickering were superb. But this feels like a defeat.

ive always stated i hated the signing of Gallagher,  im 30 years old and out of shape and i could do a better job and have a better first touch then that useless lump

• Like 1

Just now, El Tombro said:

Gallagher has been playing down the middle, as most ask for. He's shown today that he doesn't have the brain of a lone striker to hold up the ball, play it through to on-runners, or finish simple chances. I really think he's the main culprit for us not bagging three points here.

Dolan and Pickering were superb. But this feels like a defeat.

Gallagher was so frustrating, so many forward moves broke down when the ball was played to him. Absolutely dog shit. Worse than Ashley Ward. 

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

Please folks don't be blaming the players, we all know who's fault it is.

I mean, it is Tony's fault overall... but let's not pretend either Brereton or Gallagher are worth anywhere near what we've wasted on them.

Can’t blame anyone else but Mowbray, he bought the ineffectual strikers, he decided to park the bus against Luton, he wasn’t able to sign players, he’s the one with the bizarre tactics.

There were clearly players on the pitch that were playing poorly or were tired. Mowbray did nothing except have a good old laugh at the fourth official replacing the ref.

• Like 2

I agree with @bluebruce but would like to single out Gallagher. His final run towards goal, 3 vs 3, Dolan in acres of space.....and he decides to run to the corner flag rather than pass it into the box. Considering that A: Gallagher is not good at keeping the ball B: He has the technical ability of my 3-year old niece with no interest in football C; You only win matches by out-scoring the oppsition! He lost it in like 2 seconds....if he had passed the ball we all know there would be no power behind it so it would take AT LEAST 3 seconds just to get into the box....go figure....

Then again - gotta feel with Luton if I'm being honest and they deserved their point. We should've had Lenihan sent off in 1st half and they were denied a perfectly fine goal from Cameron. Now...watch Luton use this result to boost their confidence and power on and Rovers crumbling under the pressure to go on a 6-game beaten run. Time to go, Tony....time to go. Thanks for the memories - good and bad - but your time is up. COYB!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

I mean, it is Tony's fault overall... but let's not pretend either Brereton or Gallagher are worth anywhere near what we've wasted on them.

His fault too, can't think of another manager who would have thrown money at those two.

Edited by West Yorks Rover
  • Like 1