BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (h) 11/9/21

6 minutes ago, moerpho said:

I agree with @bluebruce but would like to single out Gallagher. His final run towards goal, 3 vs 3, Dolan in acres of space.....and he decides to run to the corner flag rather than pass it into the box. Considering that A: Gallagher is not good at keeping the ball B: He has the technical ability of my 3-year old niece with no interest in football C; You only win matches by out-scoring the oppsition! He lost it in like 2 seconds....if he had passed the ball we all know there would be no power behind it so it would take AT LEAST 3 seconds just to get into the box....go figure....

Then again - gotta feel with Luton if I'm being honest and they deserved their point. We should've had Lenihan sent off in 1st half and they were denied a perfectly fine goal from Cameron. Now...watch Luton use this result to boost their confidence and power on and Rovers crumbling under the pressure to go on a 6-game beaten run. Time to go, Tony....time to go. Thanks for the memories - good and bad - but your time is up. COYB!

I was pissed about that too, I just didn't get round to posting about it. I literally said out loud to myself 'oh great you wasted two seconds instead of creating a chance, well done'. Taking the ball into the corner shouldn't replace carving out a chance from a good opportunity, for anyone. Let alone for Gallagher, who has the size but not the technique to pull it off. He was really bad today, as bad as I've seen him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, booth said:

Parked the bus and tried to hit them on the break when 2-1. Brought Magloire on and put Pickering and Nyambe at wing back. Instead it invited more pressure from Luton who were already working their socks off for any chance.

Then did hit them on the break but neither Brereton or Gallagher could get the ball in the net.

Went down other end, Luton goal.

If I owned Rovers I’d take Tony into the office, lock the door, tell him exactly what I thought in great detail using some quote strong language and sexual swearing. When he left the office he wouldn’t be Rovers manager.

That was textbook Tony Mowbray. His entire time managing Rovers in the championship encapsulated in 30 minutes. Lots of running about, unfathomable devisions, not much to show for it.

In retrospect we should have been down to 10 men 15 min in…so if it wasn’t for the Ref missing that, we wouldn’t have been 2 up at half. So from that perspective a draw is probably a good result 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

I was pissed about that too, I just didn't get round to posting about it. I literally said out loud to myself 'oh great you wasted two seconds instead of creating a chance, well done'. Taking the ball into the corner shouldn't replace carving out a chance from a good opportunity, for anyone. Let alone for Gallagher, who has the size but not the technique to pull it off. He was really bad today, as bad as I've seen him.

He reflects his dickhead manager.

• Like 1

Not read the comments but the cretin of a manager cost us the win today with his appalling substitutions.

Individually thought Dolan was brilliant, (but probably wouldn't have been on the pitch had the loanees been available) Buckley was tremendous first half but struggles to last more than 45 mins and Gallagher was absolutely atrocious in the position some people seemingly want to see him. Never won a header all day and why take the ball into the corner when you've a clear chance to set up a goal?

MOWBRAY OUT!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, tonyoz said:

Why on Earth did Mowbray keep Gallagher on the pitch? Poor touch repeatedly, poor decisions, poor energy, poor finishing. Worst performance of a Rovers player for a long time. I knew he was limited but this was the pits. 

Couldn't agree more. He was plain awful today in every department of his game. £5M? We were robbed. Shouldn't be near the squad on Tuesday

6 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Broken record time…

There’s plenty of blame to go around when you’re ahead, 2-0, and can only get a tie. 

But, it happens far too often to our team. That’s on the manager. it’s past time for a change on the touchline. 

Maybe TM thought 'Promotion? I've no chance of that. Let's readjust expectations...'

nothing to add that hasn't really been said already 

Mowbray MUST go now(well really he should have gone last year...) whilst there's time for a new manager to settle in, assess the squad, do a bit of dealing at Christmas and hopefully get us moving back in the right direction and generate some much needed positive buzz about the place

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

I was working so didn’t see the game today, sounds like gallagher had a shocker but some comments are a bit harsh. 
he is what he is, he needs a decent run up top to build confidence , capable of brilliant goals, capable of bad misses. Btw armstrong missed tons too and made wrong decisions  

Harsh only because he shouldn’t have been on the pitch.

But he was terrible, no qualities about his game whatsoever. He returned to how he was when he was first signed for £5m.

No idea what Mowbray saw in him to keep him on for 90 minutes.

1 minute ago, booth said:

Harsh only because he shouldn’t have been on the pitch.

But he was terrible, no qualities about his game whatsoever. He returned to how he was when he was first signed for £5m.

No idea what Mowbray saw in him to keep him on for 90 minutes.

Blame mowbray more than gallagher, signing didn’t get done to give us options if he was having a bad game  
brereton seems to get a free ride from some though

The ref was appalling but our manager.was.worse.  Personally Indid not think Lenihans challenge was that bad, his fiot rolled on the ball and iver the top and caught the player.  No worse than the similar challenge on Rithwell that did not even merit a yellow.

Two up and switch to trying to hold.  Maybe just maybe this is the one that sees him sent packing.  Galkagher was atrocious time and time again, atriciuous in EVERY aspect of his play.  Heading poor, trapping, initial control poor, decision making poor,running and dribbling, poor.  He should have been yanked long before the 90 was up.  Young Dolan was a breath of fresh air but he needs to take the flopping out of his game.  I am hoping by Monday Mobray is sacked because as soon as we went two up and Insaw us concede space in the middle to Luton I told the wife we won't win this game.

• Like 1