BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (h) 11/9/21

Watched the highlights. Was that Gallagher who missed the one on one and hit the inside of the post? He was unlucky for the one off the post.

Great finishes for our goals 

Their first goal it was terrible by Nyambe. Really, really poor to let his man get that shot off. Lame 

Their second goal out of context it looks very bad that we let him take to down so easily, but I suppose we probably had our backs to the wall a long time before that. Their first goal looked very soft. Nyambe gets way too much credit here at times. Gets caught like that ,is weak in the air and is pretty poor when it comes to end product going forward. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

We've been under the cosh in most games this season for big parts of games and i feared it would catch up sooner or later.

Today it did they looked knackered a lot of players out there not developed mon strength yet. I fear that's going to be a big problem this season that's why we need to kill games off. 

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Watched the highlights. Was that Gallagher who missed the one on one and hit the inside of the post? He was unlucky for the one off the post.

Their first goal it was terrible by Nyambe. Really, really poor to let his man get that shot off. Lame 

Their second goal out of context it looks very bad that we let him take to down so easily, but I suppose we probably had our backs to the wall a long time before that. Their first goal looked very soft. Nyambe gets way too much credit here at times. Gets caught like that ,is weak in the air and is pretty poor when it comes to end product going forward. 

I don't get all the praise for Nyambe either, admittedly I dont go to many games but I don't think I've ever personally seen him give anything more than a mediocre performance

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Honestly, I don't think Nyambe's heart has been fully in it for a while now. Can't say I totally blame him, the manager has been a joke with him. If I were him, and not a Rovers fan, I'd have put in a transfer request a while ago.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

What did you make of Gallagher down the middle, where you have consistently said that he will be good at?

I think most of us want him to play in the middle because, despite what TM thinks, he absolutely can't play anywhere else!

Its really an argument that we should never have signed him at all, especially at that price. TM totally stuffed up there and with Brereton, I always knew it would come back to bite us.

We are going to see a lot of these games I'm afraid where we just can't put the opposition away for lack of ability in that key area.

Poor manager.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The one off the post was Diaz

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 47er said:

I think most of us want him to play in the middle because, despite what TM thinks, he absolutely can't play anywhere else!

Its really an argument that we should never have signed him at all, especially at that price. TM totally stuffed up there and with Brereton, I always knew it would come back to bite us.

We are going to see a lot of these games I'm afraid where we just can't put the opposition away for lack of ability in that key area.

Poor manager.

Totally agree that he is even less useful out wide. Hes just a poor player and money down the drain sadly. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I'm not going to join the gallagher bashing band waggon, I personally think he's a decent player at this level when he's on form.

23 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I don't get all the praise for Nyambe either, admittedly I dont go to many games but I don't think I've ever personally seen him give anything more than a mediocre performance

Gallagher decent, Nyambe never once given more than a mediocre performance. I can see how you might hold one of those opinions, but not both.

There was 5 minutes of added time announced. Then the ref collapsed and went off to be replaced. Surely only 5 minutes extra should be played when the new ref re-starts the game. The time the old (useless) ref was on the ground, was attended to and left the field is surely irrelevant to the game.

i still can`t figure out why mowbray signed gallagher,especially at the price,he`s a good finisher but needs coaching with all other aspects,for a big man he`s poor at heading and his hold up play is`nt good,he is`nt ever going to improve playing under mowbrays coaching team,it needs a manager to spend time with him on the training ground and by what iv`e heard mowbray does`nt actually do much managing or coaching

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

8 minutes extra is extremely rare, but fair enough, as I said, I didn't see. So typical they couldn't hold the lead though 

5 minutes was signalled - which seemed conservative you couldn’t have complained had it been 6 or 7 given the amount of scraps and stoppages.

The ref went down right as it was signalled.

I started my stopwatch (old habits) when the new ref came on and they scored about 4 minutes in

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bazza said:

There was 5 minutes of added time announced. Then the ref collapsed and went off to be replaced. Surely only 5 minutes extra should be played when the new ref re-starts the game. The time the old (useless) ref was on the ground, was attended to and left the field is surely irrelevant to the game.

Time can continue to be added on in extra time.

4 hours ago, tonyoz said:

I apologise if this is a bit off-topic……..I did post it in the Rovers tv thread but that doesn’t get much attention and I’m so brassed off I need to vent.

I looked at Luton’s ifollow site a few minutes ago.

• An ifollow video subscription costs 125.50 pounds (for Australian viewers). Rovers tv costs 170 pounds.
  • Luton ifollow has highlights, extended highlights or full replay of the Rovers game already advertised as available.
  • Full match replays are available for earlier matches in their archive. 
  • Only live streaming is offered by Rovers tv…….but not, of course, the Luton game due to contractual obligations with Sky and partners. I don’t think we will get to see it at all. (Except for brief highlights.)

Rovers have dropped ifollow to increase their profits. Not only have they ramped up the price of a subscription but they have drastically reduced the breadth of service. All at the expense of loyal, international fans. I think it’s disgusting.

I have posted similar earlier and since the introduction of this fourth rate yet expensive RoversTV.

In a similar way to how the club has abused and squeezed ST holders they have now targeted overseas Rovers fans.

Not this one! I have not paid them a penny this season and they will get feck all going forward.

Meanwhile .... God Bless Google.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

Nyambe getting stick whilst nothing said about no aerial challenge out wide by Pickering and Ayala being skinned before the low cross comes in which Lenihan simply ignored..

For the equaliser Ayala, Lenihan the Lunatic and Travis are wandering around like spare pricks at a wedding stoned on something more than stale beer. The Luton equaliser was worse than Pub League defending.

Naturally they look knackered late on. Mowbray said they have cut back on training to physically protect the small squad that he has failed to strengthen. The squad is small as it already contains players that Mowbray will never sue. WTF is that all about?

Buckley gets stick yet Travis was pants. Odd.

Lenihan .... dear God. A full time accident waiting to happen.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

I think what’s bothered me most about this game is how little I care about it. 2-0 up at home to Luton and we throw it away due to the incompetence of the manager. I should still be annoyed now absolutely climbing the walls at the time but I almost gave a Mowbray style shrug of the shoulders.

I hope one day I’ll regain my rovers passion but it’ll never happen under this lot of circus clowns. 

• Like 6

The only surprise was that we can still be even slightly surprised by Mowbray single-handedly throwing away a win. I think Luton probably deserved a draw, especially as we should have been down to ten men for most of the match, but that doesn't excuse TM brainlessly throwing away what would have been three fortuitous points. Why, after his formation and selection had led to us being 2-0 up after two thirds of the game, did he so recklessly and needlessly gamble with a completely new system? All momentum was instantly reversed, we were suddenly on the back foot and moving to five at the back bizarrely made us LESS defensively secure than when we had a back four. It invited pressure from Luton and, ultimately, cost us two points. 

It all stems from that. We wouldn't be rounding on the players so much if TM hadn't messed it all up for them and from that brainless choice onwards the players no longer felt secure in what they were doing and it was all so depressingly familiar in the end.

Gallagher through the middle is still the way to go as it's better than him messing up on the wing. That said, he was awful today and should have been taken off before the end. The pathetic attempt to run down time at the end was dumb, incompetently managed and led to the equaliser. If TM was finally to give Gally a run down the centre, then why the hell would you send a winger like Chapman off on loan during the last year of his contract when we could just then suddenly do with someone who can cross a bloody ball?!? He should have come on today and Dolan could have run around up front for the last quarter of an hour. But no, he was apparently "lively" according to the BBC while having a good game for Burton and us no doubt paying at least half of his wages. Why when we have such a small squad is he being sent on loan? Who the hell are we developing him for as it's blatantly not us who will benefit from this cretinous decision...

Others who were poor were Travis who is defensively turning into an absolute liability for the team. Seriously, watch him whenever he should be tracking a player back. He just saunters back and lets them cause havoc. It happened against Boro and it happened for both goals today. Nyambe needed to do better for the first, but if you look he's having to cover someone else's player while two Luton lads were left alone on their left side, exactly the position Nyambe was supposed to be covering...all while Travis strolls back instead of keeping tabs on the scorer and why the heck all three of our central defenders had been dragged wide...?!?!?

So...as bad as our capitulation was and the performances of some of our players, we wouldn't be having this conversation if TM hadn't screwed up. We'd have said that the likes of Ben, Nyambe, Travis and Gally all had bad games, but at least they didn't cost us. They only cost us because TM threw away the two points with his startling tactical ineptitude.

Nothing will change while he's leading our club. And nothing will change while Venky's own us.

Oh, and 170 quid for a MyRovers season ticket is proving an absolute rip-off too...so, who'd be a Rovers fans under this bloody collective circus of clowns?!?

Edited by TheRoversReturn
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I think what’s bothered me most about this game is how little I care about it. 2-0 up at home to Luton and we throw it away due to the incompetence of the manager. I should still be annoyed now absolutely climbing the walls at the time but I almost gave a Mowbray style shrug of the shoulders.

I hope one day I’ll regain my rovers passion but it’ll never happen under this lot of circus clowns. 

Same, an under my breath f*** off was all I could muster, I didn’t let it spoil my night , I’d love to get back to that level of support that it did but like you I can’t support mowbray and the team currently, needs freshened up to be be invigorated, I know mowbray won’t get this team anywhere near promotion so what’s the point 

• Like 7