BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (h) 11/9/21

20 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

No, really, I didn't know all that other stuff.  Only been going for 50 years.

So explain your 'everything else is just noise' comment then. Most people would take that to mean everything else is irrelevant.

So what chat are you referring to as 'just noise'?

8 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i still can`t figure out why mowbray signed gallagher,especially at the price,he`s a good finisher but needs coaching with all other aspects,for a big man he`s poor at heading and his hold up play is`nt good,he is`nt ever going to improve playing under mowbrays coaching team,it needs a manager to spend time with him on the training ground and by what iv`e heard mowbray does`nt actually do much managing or coaching

You can't say he is poor at heading a ball. He never heads the ball.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Gallagher through the middle is still the way to go as it's better than him messing up on the wing. That said, he was awful today and should have been taken off before the end. The pathetic attempt to run down time at the end was dumb, incompetently managed and led to the equaliser. If TM was finally to give Gally a run down the centre, then why the hell would you send a winger like Chapman off on loan during the last year of his contract when we could just then suddenly do with someone who can cross a bloody ball?!?

Oh, and 170 quid for a MyRovers season ticket is proving an absolute rip-off too...so, who'd be a Rovers fans under this bloody collective circus of clowns?!?

Thanks for the long, considered post. I can’t agree with the Gallagher comment though. I fear the screamer he scored recently will keep him in contention for a few more months but it is likely to be the goal of his career I fear. He is wooden and there is no cure.

As regards the 170 pound rip off………spot on.

I'm still angry about yesterday but the thing that is really grating with me is the lack of contrition from Mowbray. Over the last four years I have seen us throw many leads away but yesterday was a watershed as it was so apparent who cost us the points. On the bus home lots were blaming Mowbray, lots who I have never heard offer any criticism of him previously.

If he came out and admitted his errors I would respect him more. As it is he is heading into an utter contempt zone from me.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, tonyoz said:

Thanks for the long, considered post. I can’t agree with the Gallagher comment though. I fear the screamer he scored recently will keep him in contention for a few more months but it is likely to be the goal of his career I fear. He is wooden and there is no cure.

As regards the 170 pound rip off………spot on.

Oh, he's never going to be a world beater but he can be a big lump making a nuisance. That said, sometimes he has shockers and yesterday was one.

The main issue we have is that TM spunked 5 million away on him and now we have nobody else to play there, especially as TM refuses to think about BBD as anything but a left-sided attacker in the Rashford mould. So, not as if we have too much choice...unless we play Dolan as a central stiker...

12 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Remember it's always a "Minimum" amount of time that's added on at the end of the game.

Baffles me how folk still can't grasp that.

It's wasn't even wrong. The ref went down bang on 90 mins and the game didn't restart until after 93 mins. Therefore it should have ended at 98  They scored well before that.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I remember somebody on here that was trying to tell me he was a good header of the ball when we re-signed him. My view then was he was a 6’ 3” guy that jumped about 5’ 10”. What do they do in training ? 

Make videos.

34 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I'm still angry about yesterday but the thing that is really grating with me is the lack of contrition from Mowbray. Over the last four years I have seen us throw many leads away but yesterday was a watershed as it was so apparent who cost us the points. On the bus home lots were blaming Mowbray, lots who I have never heard offer any criticism of him previously.

If he came out and admitted his errors I would respect him more. As it is he is heading into an utter contempt zone from me.

Yet the love in for him still goes on with a few.

Apparently he's been robbed of his best players Evans and Bennett being slashed from the wage bill. The guys who he would bring on to see out games like that........like when exactly did that ever happen ?

Some sadly put him before the team and club and will make any and every counter excuse for him. Have to say though this bunch of disciples is getting smaller and smaller.

52 minutes ago, arbitro said:

To be fair ref, after a poor result, how many managers tell the press that they got it wrong?

8 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

To be fair ref, after a poor result, how many managers tell the press that they got it wrong?

How many times in 4yrs has Mowbray admitted to getting things wrong?

Its the sign of a good leader when you can admit your mistakes, I'm struggling to think off the top of my head, a time when Mowbray has held his hands up and said I got this wrong.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 7

10 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Gallagher decent, Nyambe never once given more than a mediocre performance. I can see how you might hold one of those opinions, but not both.

Quite easily thanks

(and i was being generous with Nyambe because whenever ive seen him live he's been utter sheeiiiite, same goes for Lenihan!! ) 

as for gallagher (transfer fee aside) he's just a decent squad player at this level, on his day he can be deadly but sadly more often than not he doesn't deliver, but that goes for most of the team on matchdays really! and its mostly down to poor management and coaching i expect

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

Just after Lenihan's challenge (we didn't know how bad it was at the time), we were talking about how poor he was and how much he flew out of position to commit some howler. Certainly not captain material. Which player in that 11 was worse than him for their role? We settled on Gallagher and Pickering (before he then scored and generally seemed a bit better than recently). So either 2nd or 3rd worst for the team. Yet he is an un-droppable captain, first name on the team-sheet?

To properly improve, we really need to replace this kind of player, not merely the ones who've just left out of contract. Imagine that team with Harwood Bellis next to Ayala, Cunningham at LB and an out-and-out striker like the next Billy Sharp or someone. I honestly believe that team would be in with a chance...

We're not a million miles away but we lack the will to make that final push. Let's see what next season brings.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Quite easily thanks

(and i was being generous with Nyambe because whenever ive seen him live he's been utter sheeiiiite, same goes for Lenihan!! ) 

as for gallagher (transfer fee aside) he's just a decent squad player at this level, on his day he can be deadly but sadly more often than not he doesn't deliver, but that goes for most of the team on matchdays really! and its mostly down to poor management and coaching i expect

I disagree slightly with the Nyambe/Lenihan bit (only slightly, mind). But totally agree about Gally.

• Like 1

Re Travis and his performances, not been anywhere near the same player since his injury last season, You would think he would have by now regained some sort of consistency --- well he has consistently poor.  He's looking more like the Jason Lowe player of yesteryear i'm afraid to say.

4 minutes ago, Riverside under the drip said:

Just after Lenihan's challenge (we didn't know how bad it was at the time), we were talking about how poor he was and how much he flew out of position to commit some howler. Certainly not captain material. Which player in that 11 was worse than him for their role? We settled on Gallagher and Pickering (before he then scored and generally seemed a bit better than recently). So either 2nd or 3rd worst for the team. Yet he is an un-droppable captain, first name on the team-sheet?

To properly improve, we really need to replace this kind of player, not merely the ones who've just left out of contract. Imagine that team with Harwood Bellis next to Ayala, Cunningham at LB and an out-and-out striker like the next Billy Sharp or someone. I honestly believe that team would be in with a chance...

We're not a million miles away but we lack the will to make that final push. Let's see what next season brings.

Crikey, this season has just started, What the players need is top class coaching which Mowbray and his cronies have no idea how to go about it, and if it's true Mowbray dosent do much on the training pitch just sack the pratt for that. Proper coaching with proper coaches would see big improvements in all our players, oh how i wish. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

We had chances to kill the game in the second half and missed a couple of sitters at 2-1.

You said:-

"A game, if we'd taken our chances, we would have strolled to victory. Everything else is noise."

And your now trying to tell us that by 'everything else is just noise' you meant "We had chances to kill the game in the second half and missed a couple of sitters at 2-1."

No wonder I'm not following you.

Edited by Hasta

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Did you watch the Boro game? I thought he was fairly poor aside from the fantastic strike for the goal, all of the same failings, he cant hold it up, worst touch you will see at this level, lacks intelligence (today a couple of his decisions near the end summed him up) and in both of the last 2 games, we have been unable to keep the ball out of our half for long as a result.

As I posted in the Boro match thread, I listened to the BBC Radio Lancs commentary for the game who had our former striker Danny Graham who was praising Gallagher and his performance. Also spoken to a number of other fans who attended the game and also praised him. 

on his performance, He did hold the ball up and lay it off for second Rovers goal which you have missed out. 

You can blame Gallagher for us not being able to keep the ball out of the our half for long but I would look at the entire team for that. Yes he should have scored yestertday

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If you or indeed anyone think that my criticism regarding my suggestion that Buckley was ineffective from an attacking perspective, something which I feel is a common theme,

Buckley played a key pass in the ball to Nyambe for him to cross to Dolan. But for me, his all round game is much improved and is starting to become a key player going forward. He won the ball on several occasions. Also in the second half he tracked their right back run when Brereton and Pickering were both out of position. 

9 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Time can continue to be added on in extra time.

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Remember it's always a "Minimum" amount of time that's added on at the end of the game.

Baffles me how folk still can't grasp that.

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

It's wasn't even wrong. The ref went down bang on 90 mins and the game didn't restart until after 93 mins. Therefore it should have ended at 98  They scored well before that.

I know that added time is a minimum. But any extra time on top of that must be for subs or injuries DURING added time. I'm sure there wasn't 3 minutes of stoppage time after the game resumed to play out the minimum of 5 minutes of added time.