BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

34 minutes ago, BigUts said:

Davenport isn't rubbish at all. In the games I've seen him play this season I've thought he has done well.

Johnson is probably also involved more because he is vastly more experienced than any of the squad. When managing games he has been a great older head to add to the midfield.

Davenport isn't bad but he is a bit Corry Evans. I've rarely seen him pass the ball forwards when he's played. Still think he's deserving of more minutes than he's seen though 

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

I’d be shocked if there isn’t a cb locked in, Markanday style….us letting Carter and Magloire out on loan now is an indicator. I’m thinking you’d, perm signing with an eye on the future. 

Not sure we need another young CB 'for the future'   unless it's a top quality one in on the cheap.  Personally would have kept Carter around plus we may put the young lad Ash Williams on the bench now and then. 

Jus think we have more reasonable cover at CB, than any other area really. 

Any further signing should be in summer.  If we do get up somehow, recruitment will be a different ball game and higher quality. 

11 hours ago, ossyian said:

That's rubbish saying Davenport is terrible. The lads not had enough minutes to make that sort of silly statement. Whenever he has had minutes he looks decent enough at Championship level and is only a young lad with room for growth. Just needs to keep injury free and get some matches under his belt then maybe we will see the real Davenport who was highly thought of at Citeh

I am inclined to agree, I mean look at Wharton. He looked a decent backup but probably could've gone elsewhere. Now he's almost a nailed on starter. He took his chance all be it with an injury in between. I think if Davenport got more time on the pitch he'd come along. I'd certainly favour him over Johnson but then Johnson is only every brought on to sure things up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Not sure we need another young CB 'for the future'   unless it's a top quality one in on the cheap.  Personally would have kept Carter around plus we may put the young lad Ash Williams on the bench now and then. 

Jus think we have more reasonable cover at CB, than any other area really. 

Any further signing should be in summer.  If we do get up somehow, recruitment will be a different ball game and higher quality. 

May be wrong, who knows what the club are thinking, but perhaps with Deyo and JRC available, Mowbray may be looking at Nyambe as an emergency CB, whilst Johnson gives us that left footed option if Wharton is out for any reason 

2 hours ago, BigUts said:

Davenport isn't rubbish at all. In the games I've seen him play this season I've thought he has done well.

Johnson is probably also involved more because he is vastly more experienced than any of the squad. When managing games he has been a great older head to add to the midfield.

Johnson being used as he has these days is probably having his best season with us.

Been handy to bring on shoring things up and filling in at the back, agree on the experience line as well. We've lost a lot and you need some presence in the back ground who has been around a bit.

He's always one of the first on the pitch congratulating the lads etc at the end of a game if he hasn't got on. Definitely one of TMs senior pro men these days and remember this is the new Mowbray also. The old one would've been giving him starts just to keep him happy.

• Like 2

Looks like a really good, signing. We appear to have found a style of play that suits the club and are buying players to fit that system. So often we have square-pegged in to round holes and right about now those making the signings are doing well.

COYB!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Tied down to 2026 as well.Good work by all involved

Silly Spurs “allowing his contract to run down”….

Or another example of a player who has taken the decision to leave?

Either way - he is an exciting signing in my book.

• Like 1

Same as khadra and Dolan very raw and exciting prospect. Something we seem to deal with well these days. Plus he's come through the very successful and highly rated spurs youth system. Where he was well regarded and they wanted to keep him. And at the price we've payed if he goes on to do fuck all there's no risk. Win win

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Do we know if he's actually any good?

Quick look at his stats...1 game, 0 goals...

Can't understand what all the fuss is about...Where's the evidence?

Now you are just trying to be difficult. 

It's not everyday we are able to pick up the top Academy performer from a top PL club where all their fans are up-in-arms for losing him. We usually struggle to loan these kind of players, let alone buy on a long contract.

As for no senior experince, Rheda showed it's still possible to make an impact. It should be possible to keep a long term perspective as well as bringing in more players with more senior experience.

• Like 6