BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 19/1/22

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

The bigger away support the bigger police bill per game for police outside of the ground 

And the more fans the more money there is to pay it.

As someone whose often, in fact mostly, made late decisions on attending away games iv'e usually paid on the day.  Only since covid is this being phased out by the looks of it by a lot of championship clubs despite adequate room still being available.  

Can't really see it's much to do with police or pie costs when we are talking a few hundred rather than hundreds and thousands pitching up unannounced. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I would. Think we need him to run the channels and close down their back lline plus hold the ball up tonight 

Plus after tonight game we are without Brereton for 2 games whilst he plays for Chile in international games 

You'd chose Gallagher to hold the ball up? When has he ever shown anything but incompetence at doing that?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

And the more fans the more money there is to pay it.

As someone whose often, in fact mostly, made late decisions on attending away games iv'e usually paid on the day.  Only since covid is this being phased out by the looks of it by a lot of championship clubs despite adequate room still being available.  

Can't really see it's much to do with police or pie costs when we are talking a few hundred rather than hundreds and thousands pitching up unannounced. 

Then you may wish to do a little research into how policing costs are decided when policing football matches especially dealing with potential for disorder outside of the ground perimeter and public safety. It’s not a huge force numbers wise and it will require substantial increased police numbers because of 2k Rovers fans midweek whereas with Boxing Day it was all planned out with a sellout of away fans today as of 1400hrs they know how many tickets have been sold hence why there isn’t anymore on sale to away fans it’s nothing to do with covid restrictions 👍

9 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Then you may wish to do a little research into how policing costs are decided when policing football matches especially dealing with potential for disorder outside of the ground perimeter and public safety. It’s not a huge force numbers wise and it will require substantial increased police numbers because of 2k Rovers fans midweek whereas with Boxing Day it was all planned out with a sellout of away fans today as of 1400hrs they know how many tickets have been sold hence why there isn’t anymore on sale to away fans it’s nothing to do with covid restrictions 👍

Like i said it's been happening more and more since covid restrictions were lifted regardless of numbers etc.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

looking forward to tonight game. My team based on Mowbray pre match comments

Kaminski 

Lenihan Van Hecke Wharton

JRC   Travis   Rothwell   Edun

Buckely

Gallagher Brereton

subs:- Pears Ayala Davenport Johnson Khadra Butterworth Dolan/Markanday 

You'd have the new lad fighting for the last sub spot?

I'd play him. He should be raring to go. 

Hopefully a win, and Hull turning it around to beat Bournemouth on Saturday.

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

looking forward to tonight game. My team based on Mowbray pre match comments

Kaminski 

Lenihan Van Hecke Wharton

JRC   Travis   Rothwell   Edun

Buckely

Gallagher Brereton

subs:- Pears Ayala Davenport Johnson Khadra Butterworth Dolan/Markanday 

I'm not against Gallagher getting some game time, but I can't see the sense in starting him. Surely Khadra keeps his spot.

I think JRC will do a good job right back. Would have thought Zeefuik will be on the bench ahead of Butterworth. 

11 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I'm not against Gallagher getting some game time, but I can't see the sense in starting him. Surely Khadra keeps his spot.

I think JRC will do a good job right back. Would have thought Zeefuik will be on the bench ahead of Butterworth. 

Zeefuik won't be involved tonight according to Tm

• Like 2

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Anyone know if tonights game is on tv?

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Anyone know if tonights game is on tv?

Yeah, Hull City rewarded with a live home tv game fee for not fancying the original fixture with injured players out.

Have a Rovers TV international subscription and just recieved a 9 dollar something refund because the cancelled game was not originally selected for overseas broadcast so would have been avalable on Rovers TV.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Zeefuik won't be involved tonight according to Tm

I'd have kept that to myself if I were TM, and kept Hull guessing whether we were going to play that animal at RB, or our scrawnier but more creative CM, which would give them a different threat to consider (as well as changing our midfield). 

I suppose they can still wonder over whether it's JRC or Buckley, but that's less of a difference.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Khadra should keep his spot indeed. But so too Butterworth on the bench. The Dutch lad isn't for enough yet. 

This is an important game for us. It will show if we have the gonads to really kick on and brush these sides out of the way. 
Fulham are showing how to do it. Let’s  hope this is another scalp rather than a banana skin. I think nerves are getting to me. I see second place and I have to blink twice. 

48 minutes ago, neophox said:

Is the game not available for overseas users?

Should be available in EFL Dark countries (i.e no EFL broadcast deal). List below as of start of season (so may have changed), so if you are lucky enough to live in one of these or happen to be on holiday should be available on Rovers TV as they follow the same rules as ifollow)

Europe: 9 countries
Albania; Cyprus; Faroe Islands; Gibraltar; Liechtenstein; Luxembourg; Malta; Romania; Ukraine

Asia: 20 countries
Afghanistan; Bangladesh; Bhutan; Brunei; Cambodia; China; East Timor; Japan; Laos; Maldives; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; North Korea; Pakistan; Philippines; South Korea; Sri Lanka; Taiwan; Thailand

Caribbean: 9 countries
Belize; Bermuda; British Virgin Isles; Cuba; Puerto Rico; St Helena; Ascension & Trista Da Cuna; St Kitts & Nevis; St Vincent & the Grenadines; US Virgin Islands

Oceania: 23 countries
American Samoa; Christmas Island; Cocos Islands; Cook Islands; Federated states of Micronesia; Fiji; Guam; Kiribati; Marshall Islands; Nauru; New Caledonia; Niue; Norfolk Islands; Northern Mariana Islands; Palau; Papua New Guinea; Pitcairn Islands; Samoa; Solomon Islands; Tokelau; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1