BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Barnsley (h) - 29/12/21

3 minutes ago, Ricky said:

This is definitely the type of game we’d lose in the past. 

Very true, as any Rovers fan of the past 11 years will nervously concede. And so, we do face a potential banana skin against Bananersly this evening. 

Mitigating factors that should help us to rest easy include form, team spirit and cohesion, free-scoring ability, a defence tighter than a champagne cork and a new found tactical flair that has  allowed us to ride out the inevitable  opposition goal threats that happen in football games.

Can we extend the run and finish 2021 on a high? I do hope so - Rovers fans everywhere deserve some return at last on their long-suffering and freely given investments of faith in all things Blue & White. So, c'mon Rovers, gird your loins and roar us like lions proud and loud into 2022.

DO IT - FOR THE FANS!

COYB! 

• Like 4

Because this is classed as our "bank holiday fixture" its up to the home club whether its show on the red button or not. These games aren't included in the original contract that allows sky to show them on the red button.

Same will apply for Huddersfield on Sunday as that is our "New Year Bank Holiday" home game.

Neither will be on the red button as we haven't given permission for any bank holiday games to be on since the contract started, but you will be able to buy both on Rovers TV I imagine.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

Same team for me for this one. It's a great feeling to have a first XI you have complete confidence in, and another 5 players on the bench (Dolan, Gallagher, Davenport, Edun, Ayala) you would be happy to bring on. And that's before Dack and JRC are available too.... 

Specific to this game - in a way we owe Barnsley a bit - our current way of playing which has been so successful we nicked from Barnsley under Ismael when they took us apart last year. Tony Mowbray was very impressed by it, and obviously has mirrored our current 343 with the pressing front 3 on their setup.

That said they've lost Ismael, and seem to have lost their way so it should hopefully be an easy win for us. On paper can't really see how they hurt us, but football is always full of surprises. 

BTW good work on both clubs in avoiding Covid. It's an achievement just to get games done. I think we are looking at quite a few cancellations in the next few weeks, and I expect (unless all the players are completely in a bubble away from friends and family which I sincerely doubt) at some point the Rovers squad will be hit. Realistically it is just a case of when, not if, infections turn up.

15 hours ago, JHRover said:

Nothing will be lost if points are dropped but then there needs to be a response.

Our biggest problem under Mowbray has been that he is a streaky manager - when things are going well the football can be good, goals flow and we look like a team going places but then when we have a setback that usually ushers in 6-7 game barren spells where we slide down the table.

Setbacks OK if it is a setback and not a month long horror run.

Great post and I agree with the ‘streaky’ nature of TM’s tenure. The one thing I would say though is that setbacks don’t come much bigger than getting dicked 7-0 at home and the response to that has been magnificent, so hopefully those death spirals are a thing of the past. 

• Like 6

On 28/12/2021 at 10:50, Gav said:

Rovers 3 Barnsley 0

I've just had a cheeky Barnsley fan at the door (I live between Udders and Barnsley) telling me how they're going to stuff us tonight and what 'fair weather fans' we've got - Cheeky bastard....

I'm now going for Rovers 4 Barnsley 0 and plenty of roadworks on M1 to make the journey home more painful for him. 

Come on you Super Blues.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

That the same Barnsley who saw a big increase in ST sales in the summer on the back of a play off campaign? 

Winning games brings fans back… who knew!

Should be 20k on tonight then if you consider where we are......in years gone by there was I'd imagine (not checked )

Edited by Sparks Rover

9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Should be 20k on tonight then if you consider where we are......in years gone by there was I'd imagine (not checked )

Probably not in the past unless they'd pitch up with huge numbers.

15k  ( including a healthy away support )  should be the benchmark anything less is a bit disappointing.

16 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Looking at the seat booker online you might be disappointed Sparks.It's a shame at those prices too.

You know matters are not good when you have a ferkin Barnsley fan having a pop Gav!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Gav said:

I've just had a cheeky Barnsley fan at the door (I live between Udders and Barnsley) telling me how they're going to stuff us tonight and what 'fair weather fans' we've got - Cheeky bastard....

I'm now going for Rovers 4 Barnsley 0 and plenty of roadworks on M1 to make the journey home more painful for him. 

Come on you Super Blues.

That’ll teach you to live on the Darkside 😜

Will be there with my daughter tonight - 5-0 Rovers, Diaz to make it a HNY for those who backed his 20 goal bet.

• Like 1

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Looking at the seat booker online you might be disappointed Sparks.It's a shame at those prices too.

You know matters are not good when you have a ferkin Barnsley can having a pop Gav!

Though if say 6k buy a ticket for tonight then that’s not to be sniffed at, double a normal weekend game walk on. Would’ve have led to a good gate if we still had 10k+ ST holders… but we now have nowhere near.

’Lower number of ST holders, lower crowds’ is ALWAYS how it works here (though a certain long standing poster was consistently accusing me of ‘nonsense’ when I warned of this is in the summer…)

• Like 2

Fully vaxxed ST holder I know rang me this morning to borrow a test off me. No tests available in Lancs apparently, nearest is Chester.

Tested positive... 5 of them (ST holders) went to Hull in the car on Boxing Day.

So now none of them are going.

Daft thing is he could go if he wants with his (meaningless) 2 jab Covid pass.

Know several other ST holders doing other things, family gatherings, staying safe for a wedding at weekend, etc.

9000 Rovers fans attending tonight.

18 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the huddersfield game on 2nd january should get a big crowd,tbh i can`t see more than 10/11 thousand on tonight,we should be getting bigger crowds though,i blame swag and the invisible commercial dept ,as ceo,swag has`nt a clue how to market the club

Define ‘big’, as it will be a struggle to attract one at £30 to £36…

Edited by Mattyblue

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the huddersfield game on 2nd january should get a big crowd,tbh i can`t see more than 10/11 thousand on tonight,we should be getting bigger crowds though,i blame swag and the invisible commercial dept ,as ceo,swag has`nt a clue how to market the club

Not at £32.