BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Barnsley (h) - 29/12/21

So just 48h , until hopfuly Barnsley are in town and we have a game . 

Haven't seen much regarding them having covid issues so hopefully it's game on .

Should be the perfect match on paper to get going again . They haven't won for a while and I'm going for a 4 - 0 win , to help get over the Hull frustration.

Their fans aren't confident and most are expecting to lose by a few.

Below is the Barnsley forums match previews opening post .

"Back to actual football (hopefully) and high flying Blackburn Rovers. Their board have been heavily criticised for sticking with Tony Mowbray over the last couple of seasons, but they seem justified in their decision with the former Premier League winners currently 3rd in the table.

After losing 7-0 at home to Fulham, Blackburn have gone on a 7 game unbeaten run, winning 6 games, including the last 5 without conceding a goal. That Fulham defeat is Blackburn's only defeat at home in their last 10 games at Ewood Park.

We've not found Ewood Park particularly pleasant this century, losing on 5 of our 7 visits. Our last win there was in 2017, with Marc Roberts and Marley Watkins both scoring early to secure a 0-2 win.

I'll be honest, I'm not confident for this one. Poya has certainly made us slightly harder to beat, but we are just limping to the January transfer window, where we are in dire need of that midfield spark and instinctual striker. Blackburn have built up a head of steam, and we couldn't face them at a worse time. I'm going with my heart over head and predicting a Christmas miracle. 0-1 with Styles on the score sheet."

• Like 1

Should we wait till Barnsley fans land then call it off.  Tricky game this, did the break and called off game burst our bubble has it messed with our momentum?  Think we will surrender our clean sheet with 2 calamities early on then claw back a 2-2 draw with enough chances to have won it.  So put your money on something completely different happening.  Hope to sneak out if work to watch so best be good.

Take it one game at a time Rovers. Hard to see or work out Barnsley’s approach to the game or as to what formation they will play. One thing they do well is wind players up, dive and jump around as if hit by a train!

Rovers have to be patient, score early and it’s potentially another result similar to Birmingham. 

on the other hand, would take a last minute off the backside goal to snag the 3 points!

8 minutes ago, BigBar said:

You know what he meant.. play nice 🤣🤣🤣

No I didn't. He could have meant : 1) Don't care about result, performance is all that matters.

2) Don't care about performance, a win is all that matters.

For me, I would want option 2)

9 minutes ago, rigger said:

No I didn't. He could have meant : 1) Don't care about result, performance is all that matters.

I think he meant he doesn't care how much we win by as long as we win.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rigger said:

Option 3...They forfeit and we get the win? 🤣

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, El Tombro said:

Cauley Woodrow is probably their primary goal threat, although I think he's only got four goals so far this season. He missed the West Brom game with a hip injury (which is interesting given that he's been linked with a move to West Brom in January). I don't know if that will keep him out of the picture tomorrow but Barnsley, as stout as they were against West Brom, clearly missed a goal threat of their own without Woodrow.

Tomorrow's challenge will be whether or not we can break down Barnsley's defence. They'll be looking to park the bus, but I'm confident we've got enough variation in our attackers to unlock it.

Hasnt he had a fallout with the fans and manager there? Not a hugely impressive strikerate and most of his career at L1 level. If WBA think thats what they need to push for promotion, then good luck to them. 

Edit: stand corrected on the L1 bit - he has done fairly well last couple of seasons in terms of goals. 

Edited by JacknOry

16 minutes ago, El Tombro said:

Tomorrow's challenge will be whether or not we can break down Barnsley's defence. They'll be looking to park the bus, but I'm confident we've got enough variation in our attackers to unlock it.

Probably right they will park the bus. That could be a problem as we are a counter attacking side and this could force a change of game plan. Just have to hope our quality is enough to get through them and we don't get caught on a counter ourselves.

I’m expecting us to continue to be solid defensively and hoping we are ruthless in attack. Take out the annoyance over the Hill debacle on this lot, get the bit between our teeth and it’s 3 more points and a significant improvement on our goal difference. I think we will better the Birmingham score with Diaz surpassing the 20 mark.

18 minutes ago, El Tombro said:

I don't think he's fallen out with either, just the critical fans. I suspect it's all social media related, to which they shouldn't pay any attention. Here are a few snippets of what Woodrow said:

Yeah just going off Wiki - which I know anyone can edit. 

image.thumb.png.f32bd4192d146ba2949ecdf381d78e22.png